The iPhone 6 plus bends, when carrying it in your front pocket! Permanent bend and OFFICAL iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test (Update from 25.09.2014)

LarsReviews

Except with the other phones you usually had to hold them in awkward and unnatural positions, but with the iPhone you lost signal by simply holding it normally (like in all of Apple's press material for example).

At the time the 4 was released I had an LG Neon dumb phone that had a very similar problem.

I also never held my 4 in my left hand one handed, but I'm sure it was a problem if you were a lefty. That's why they gave out the free bumpers to everyone.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I guess that the glue will loosen up and the screen will fall out. My Nexus 4 is a bit bend and the screen is a little bit loose on the lower right side. 

No, the battery fucking blew up (didn't rupture thankfully) The screen was barely still on the phone  :o

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

So I'm just going to inject my own experiences of seeing this happen before to an iPhone...

This is a completely special case though, you need to be adamant about bending it to happen. I've never seen this from someone's pocket..

I find this really hard to believe. It's probably best to wait and see if more reports of this pops up before saying it's poorly constructed. I remember 1-2 reports of the Galaxy something bending as well but it just happened to a handful of people out of millions of phones sold.

What really bothers me are some of the comments in that macrumors thread.

^^^^

Let's see how the situation develops.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Apple's gonna release a series of videos showing how every competitor's phone bends too

bonus points for those who got the reference

OMG u just reminded of the "you're holding it wrong" thing xD

SteveJobsiPhone4Reception_thumb.jpg

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

smart people don't put 200 to 700 dollar phones in their back pocket lol

smart people dont wear pants !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

smart people don't put 200 to 700 dollar phones in their back pocket lol

It was the front pocket:

(Macrumors:)

Yesterday, I left at 10am with the iPhone in my left FRONT pocket of my suit pants. I drove 4 hours to a wedding, which also involved a lot of sitting during dinner etc but also 2-3 hours of dancing. I left at 2am and went to bed, driving home 4 hours back.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I have only seen one 5 or 5S with a bend and its because my friend and I were benching and he dropped an 85b dumbbell on it. My 5S lives caseless in my pocket and has no bend at all. 

I often put my note2 in my back Jean pocket. And I've sat down plenty times before removing it. No bends. But if I were a much larger person or just never removed the phone from back pocket it might just break instead of bending. I could see how an aluminum housing could possibly bend. I doubt it is a frequent thing

wow I wouldn't have expected that from apple. This kind of a kick in the ballls for their build quality.

keep-calm-the-iphone-5-sucks.png

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Stop wearing tight pants you goddamn hipsters

/s 

or not to /s

He was wearing a suit and sitting for 18 hours.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Scott%20Hale%20Bent%20iPhone1.jpg

iPhone 5 had the same issue.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

It's such an interesting look into the true opinions of a large number of members on this forum and how they are formed. Even someone like @LAwLz who I am normally at odds with has not jumped to conclusions on the build quality of the device.

You know, I have a pile of semi-broken Galaxy devices sitting next to me that I was told to fix by my friends and family and even though I'm an Apple guy, I'm not making sweeping judgments about the quality of Samsung products BASED SPECIFICALLY on that experience. I expected you all to do the same, but I guess that's just too much to ask of you people these days.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's such an interesting look into the true opinions of a large number of members on this forum and how they are formed. Even someone like @LAwLz who I am normally at odds with has not jumped to conclusions on the build quality of the device.

You know, I have a pile of semi-broken Galaxy devices sitting next to me that I was told to fix by my friends and family and even though I'm an Apple guy, I'm not making sweeping judgments about the quality of Samsung products BASED SPECIFICALLY on that experience. I expected you all to do the same, but I guess that's just too much to ask of you people these days.

Asking some die hard haters to rationalize is worse than getting some people to work out. I know this can happen, with every device, so I'm not surprised that a few have bent. But on the whole the iPhone doesn't bend because of "bad build quality" that some people would love to tote.

Lol, iPhone problems. My HTC M7 doesn't do that, then again it is a very strong aluminum body and chassis. Seriously, why couldn't they just try to make sure it wouldn't bend in your pocket and the glass won't bulge/slightly pop out when it is dropped...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Asking some die hard haters to rationalize is worse than getting some people to work out. I know this can happen, with every device, so I'm not surprised that a few have bent. But on the whole the iPhone doesn't bend because of "bad build quality" that some people would love to tote.

Exactly.

It's more sensationalist too. It's not an interesting story if "some Android phone's screen bends," because there's no industry around hating Android manufacturers. Hating Apple, on the other hand...compare the amount of Apple-related click bait you see to Android-related on "neutral" sites like Business Insider and Forbes. The ratio is around 7-1 at my last count.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

@Builder, @LAwLz and several others (myself included), tend to disagree on a hell of a lot. 

But there is some common ground on one this in this thread:

We aren't crucifying ANYONE yet. 

Is this a 1 in 100 problem? A 1 in 1000? 1 in 10000? 1 in 100000? What is it? Honestly. Some hard data that can be reproduced would be great. We don't have that. I've had my 6+ since Friday, in pockets, ain't no bending over here and I'm quite the big guy who can make a pair of pants suffer when I sit. So sue me, I never skip leg day. 

The close minded, knee jerk hate that goes around is a little much at times. But like @AlwaysFSX just said, getting people to rationalize is pretty damn difficult. 

WTF?

I swear Apple Died with Jobs.

Jobs ran the original Apple into the ground and was fired for good reason. MS bailed Apple out of bankruptcy. Jobs gets way too much credit. The most influential thing he did was talk absolute morons at Xerox into letting him get a hold of PARC and copy it. Lisa/Mac was based on it. That is where our modern GUI comes from (MS copied from Mac prototypes). He was more of a swindler and a con man than a tech guru and should be remembered as one the best SALESMAN who ever lived. Also was a deadbeat dad who lied in court about being sterile to claim he was not his own kids father (Lisa whom LISA was named after).

Yet people still treat him as a tech guru, and as some great philanthropist...

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.