The iPhone 6 plus bends, when carrying it in your front pocket! Permanent bend and OFFICAL iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test (Update from 25.09.2014)

LarsReviews

Update 26.09.2014: So I guess this topic is done? 

ybZ4g7.gif

Update 25.09.2014: Thanks @Victorious Secret for linking to this video. Is show a professional bend Test of the iPhone 6 Plus and the Note 3 with a 100 Pounds of force. As shown in the Video, the Note 3 bends 4.5 mm, but goes back to its original shape. The iPhone 6 Plus permanently to 3.25mm. They also tested the iPhone 5, which bend 1.75mm. Due to the metal body, the iPhone will remember the bend shape. The Note 3 went back to shape, due to the use of a more flexible Material, in this case Plastic

Update: 25.09.2014: Marques Brownles explains why the iPhone 6 bends. Way to go Apple for making it thinner, instead of reinforcing it. This time, they should have really compromised the design for build structure.

Update 24.09.2014: How to prevent the iPhone 6 from bending: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/221472-how-to-correctly-carry-the-iphone-6-plus-how-to-not-flex-the-iphone-6-plus/

iP6P_bent_03.jpg

Original Post:

Numerous reports have shown up, that the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus may bend, when carrying it in your pockets. It seems as the body has a weakness around the volume keys, that will allow the bend. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are not the first Apple products that bend. Before there have been reports of  bending iPhone 5 and 5s. There are even reports of the bend iPod touch. 

The first reports of a bend iPhone 6 plus showed up on the macrumors forum (link bellow). SInce then the number of bending iPhone Reports have been increasing rapidly. 

There is not much else to say about this. iPhone 6 Flex?  :P

Source: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1785905

Source: http://stadt-bremerhaven.de/iphone-6-plus-will-it-bend/

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/23/the-iphone-6-plus-gets-bent/

Source: http://www.cnet.com/news/will-it-bend-iphone-6-takes-a-turn-for-the-worse/

Bend Test:

With Note 3 bending comparison:

bentiphone.jpg?w=370&h=504 ByPEyd_CQAA4XF7.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

They should just make pre bent iPhone's, just to save your ass the trouble of doing it itself.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

ITS A FEATURE

Best response ever!

Hahahaha 

Maybe if they werent obsessed with making the iPhone the thinnest phone in the world this wouldnt be an issue.....

Argee, I don't like it, when phones are too thin. And they could have used a bigger battery. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

That's supposed to be like that, it adapts to your usage pattern... Oh, people can't keep up with tech these days...

sarcasm lol

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Apple's gonna release a series of videos showing how every competitor's phone bends too

bonus points for those who got the reference

My HTC One M8 lives in my back pocket, it has yet to bend...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

lolololololololol

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Oh, people can't keep up with tech these days...

sarcasm lol

Clearly curved phones are better......

See LG Flex 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Clearly curved phones are better......

See LG Flex 

The G-Flex was just too damn big. If it was the same size as the G2 than it would have been cool!

Hail Sithis!

To be serious, how prevalent is this. 6 or 6+. Conditions? Causes? Seriously stop wearing tight pants? I don't know. 

Personally, mine is straight as an arrow. With a case, but I'm usually wearing a suit so its not like it sees tight pockets anyways. 

I'm a little worried at whats causing this, and what the hell people are doing to get it to do that. 

This is also hilarious. 

I'm so conflicted. 

My HTC One M8 lives in my back pocket, it has yet to bend...

Okay, no bonus points for you...

Basically when the infamous "antennagate" happened, Apple released a series of videos showing how their competitors' phones lose signal if grabbed in a certain way. Was pretty amusing to watch.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Maybe if they werent obsessed with making the iPhone the thinnest phone in the world this wouldnt be an issue.....

One, two cases of this occurring and suddenly it's an "issue?" 

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

One, two cases of this occurring and suddenly it's an "issue?" 

Yeah.

Phones aren't supposed to bend.(non-flexible ones)

Oh,also this :

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Wait wait wait, can you bend it back?

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

this happened with the 5, turns out people did it on purpose

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

The G-Flex was just too damn big. If it was the same size as the G2 than it would have been cool!

You ninja you... It's too big for my liking too. (Please don't giggle like a japanese schoolgirl.)

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I swear Apple Died with Jobs.

Yes, because if Jobs were here, he would magically summon the god of machined 6061 aluminum, Bauxitorus, and ask him to stop bending everyones' iPhones.

Basically when the infamous "antennagate" happened, Apple released a series of videos showing how their competitors' phones lose signal if grabbed in a certain way. Was pretty amusing to watch.

Yes, because it was entirely true and a great example of the double standards that people hold Apple to.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This feature has been implemented since the 5s:

iphone-5s-plie-tordu-00.jpg

Nothing to worry about ;)

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus