Apple sells 10M iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices in first weekend

Source

5.5-inch-iPhone-6-vs-iPhone-5s.jpg

On Monday Apple announced that the first weekend saw the sales of 10 million iPhone 6/6+ devices which broke another record for Apple. Apple hasn't said anything about how each model sells like they did last year with the 5s and 5c. 

"Sales for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus exceeded our expectations for the launch weekend, and we couldn't be happier," said Apple CEO Tim Cook in a statement.

Dam i thought the sales would finally go down. #Androidmasterrace :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Inb4 hate

No it goes up, that's good.

I am done with all those sheeps that swear only by Androids.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Dam i thought the sales would finally go down. #Androidmasterrace :P

For what purpose? The main argument Android fans had had is addressed. Plus, NFC. And hands-down the best smartphone camera out there. 'It's only 8MPX' is such a stupid argument now.

I wonder how many of these ended up in microwaves?

Also the fact people queue up overnight for shit like this is a terrible symptom of how fucked society is.

For what purpose? The main argument Android fans had had is addressed. Plus, NFC. And hands-down the best smartphone camera out there. 'It's only 8MPX' is such a stupid argument now.

I was just kidding around. i dont really like iphones for 2 reasons. I like soft buttons and the back button and its annoying as hell to move files onto them from a pc

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Possibly because before the announcement, iPhone fanboys swore up and down that 4 inches is the perfect size and they'd never buy anything bigger because they can't use it with one hand?

But yeah, big change = more sales every time when it comes to Apple, since they tell you what to like...

Possibly because before the announcement, iPhone fanboys swore up and down that 4 inches is the perfect size and they'd never buy anything bigger because they can't use it with one hand?

But yeah, big change = more sales every time when it comes to Apple, since they tell you what to like...

I don't really like 4.7" - my brother got a 6, and it seems HUGE. But I guess that that's where the market is going :(

Though to be fair, Apple accomodated the one-handed use well with the double-tap the home button trick. It really works! but I still like the smaller screen. Hell, even the 4" 5/5S seems big :D

But heck, I'm still using a 4S xD

iphone62.png?w=681&h=411

Apple has today announced that it sold 10 million iPhone 6 and 6 Plus units in the first three days of sales. This includes the 4 million units sold in the first 24 hours of preorder sales. Apple’s newest iPhones have consistently been out of stock across the world, particularly the iPhone 6 Plus which is believed to have faced production issues, limiting the number of available devices for sale.

With limited stock across the board, iPhone momentum is certainly strong. Currently, all iPhone 6 Plus models ship within 3 – 4 weeks on Apple’s Online Store. The iPhone 6 has similar availability issues, although they are less severe. People looking for iPhones sooner should check brick-and-mortar stores, and take advantage of Apple’s online pickup options, as new stock comes in daily

Apple opens up the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus to more than 20 countries on the 26th September.For comparison, Apple reported 9 million iPhone 5s and 5c sales in the first three days but its important to note that last year’s opening weekend sales for the iPhone 5s and 5c included China, a key region which inflated total sales. Details on when the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will be available in China are still unknown as regulatory proceedings are ongoing.

Source:http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/22/apple-iphone-6-sales/

time to buy apple stocks.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I wonder how many of these ended up in microwaves?

Also the fact people queue up overnight for shit like this is a terrible symptom of how fucked society is.

You've never been excited for something? Let people do what they want without judgment. I can understand thinking people who wait for a week in line should find something better to do, but there is nothing wrong with lining up at midnight fr an iPhone. You spend a few hours in line with other excited people and its a fun experience talking about technology.

meh. People do it for movie tickets, albums, game releases, concert tickets and I recall even a couple Starbucks openings. People have lined up for sillier things than a new phone.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

No it goes up, that's good.

I am done with all those sheeps that swear only by Androids.

What? If anything its the other way around. Android is available in many many phones vs Apples locked down, old hardware rubbish.

(if that post was sarcasm I am sorry)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Really? People can't be excited? 

I think people who stand in lines for GAMES are a bit off their rockers. 

But then I went with my friends to the Destiny launch and we had a lot of fun. It was a social thing. We joked around in line, played games, had fun. Got home and played the game. Honestly, it was a good event. We're most likely doing it again for Halo or whatever else. Cause the Best Buy it literally 2 minutes away and it was fun. So sue us. I was wrong about such things, cause I bothered trying. 

I didn't stand in line for my 6+. I reserved for 8AM. We showed up at 730AM. Front of the line. Just waited. Cracked jokes with people around us, played some Monopoly, chipped in for morning coffee amongst some of the staff and people in line too. It was just fun. Would I do it again? Maybe not. Once was good for a freaking phone, to be honest. 

I don't judge how people get entertainment or invest in doing. That is their problem. OR solution. Who knows, people don't have to justify how they like to spend their time. 

You making that kind of comment shows just how ignorant you are. 

"Ermagerd bla social shit in que" Nope all they want is the phone more than the person behind them, where do you guys live, since you think those people are nice and social?

• My System: MSI Z87-GD65 - CPU: I7 4770K OC 4.0 GHZ I7 4770 (3.9 GHz), Antec 620 watercooler - GTX 760 2GB/OC (MSI TwinFrozr IV) - 16 GB Kingston 2133 - 750w Energon - Zalman Z11+ HF1 - Storeage: 2x120 GB EVO 840, 3 TB Seagate Display: Asus 27" VE276Q | Planned upgrades: Gamdias Hermes ultimate, HyperX Cloud, MSI AMD R9 290x, 2x120 HyperX (Linux boot drives)

• Pedro19reddit: "A good console exclusive is like a Ferrari that can only be driven on a swamp." SlickPc "i couldn't even under-clock my 5 year old GFX card to be as slow as a "Next-gen" console #PcMasterRaceProblems

Really? People can't be excited? 

I think people who stand in lines for GAMES are a bit off their rockers. 

But then I went with my friends to the Destiny launch and we had a lot of fun. It was a social thing. We joked around in line, played games, had fun. Got home and played the game. Honestly, it was a good event. We're most likely doing it again for Halo or whatever else. Cause the Best Buy it literally 2 minutes away and it was fun. So sue us. I was wrong about such things, cause I bothered trying. 

I didn't stand in line for my 6+. I reserved for 8AM. We showed up at 730AM. Front of the line. Just waited. Cracked jokes with people around us, played some Monopoly, chipped in for morning coffee amongst some of the staff and people in line too. It was just fun. Would I do it again? Maybe not. Once was good for a freaking phone, to be honest. 

I don't judge how people get entertainment or invest in doing. That is their problem. OR solution. Who knows, people don't have to justify how they like to spend their time. 

You making that kind of comment shows just how ignorant you are. 

Honestly you're one of my favorite posters just fyi

"Ermagerd bla social shit in que" Nope all they want is the phone more than the person behind them, where do you guys live, since you think those people are nice and social?

Umm...maybe its because my local Canadians are a bunch of nice fellows, but we sure as hell had a lot of fun for the ~30 minutes we were in line. 

I knew quite a few people who lined up the night before. Had some TVs, played games, mall security was happy to facilitate and help out. 

I know its hard for a lot of kids on this forum to understand, but things like this aren't THAT weird. Sure, waiting for a phone? Not on the list of things I'd wait for. If I didn't have my reservation I would've been happy to wait for it to arrive 3-4 weeks in October/November. But I got my reservation, went on down, and honestly? Wished I had arrived earlier. Cause the atmosphere was pretty awesome. 

People were, all things considered, very happy and energetic. They were excited about tech. Just because its Apple doesn't mean it doesn't warrant being excited. I had a decent chat with a  group of photographers that were in line behind me. It was just fun. Do I think waiting in line for a phone, game or really anything is a bit silly? Yup. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't have fun. 

Once again, since some people can't comprehend this, how people have their fun is not my business. If this is how people have a bunch of fun. Good for them. 

I spend hours a week shooting super cars. Most people don't give a SHIT about supercars or photography, so to them I'm the same as people who stand in line for phones. They ask why, whats so interesting. Some people genuinely don't care. Others genuinely do. 

Who the hell are we as enthusiasts to judge in that way? 

A locked down version on NFC. The camera on it is actually pretty average, my Xperia Z still takes a dump on it.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

That is sickening

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Out of the 10m sold, I'd say at least 1 million were immediately shipped over seas (mainly China) where the prices are 2x to 3x they are here especially for the gold version.

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

And hands-down the best smartphone camera out there. 'It's only 8MPX' is such a stupid argument now.

You say that like you have actually tested and compared it thoroughly against the competition.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

You say that like you have actually tested and compared it thoroughly against the competition.

No, but this guy tested it QUITE thoroughly:

http://austinmann.com/trek/iphone-6-plus-camera-review-iceland

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No, but this guy tested it QUITE thoroughly:

http://austinmann.com/trek/iphone-6-plus-camera-review-iceland

iPhone 5s vs the 6 and 6 Plus isn't exactly thorough.  Nor is using professional equipment reflective of real world scenarios.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus