Monitor from mobo and GPU

EST_FatBoy

Hey.

My parents just left and my computer is in the living room. I decided to hook my computer up to our TV to watch some movies. I have 2 monitors and I cant fit a HDMI cable next to the two DVI ports.

Now heres the question:

Can I hook up my TV to my mobo HDMI port and still have my two monitors working from my GPU? Or could I put one of my 17" monitors to my mobo and the TV to my GPU. So I could maybe play some racing games?

Thanks!

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

Or could I put one of my 17" monitors to my mobo and the TV to my GPU. So I could maybe play some racing games?

I'm pretty sure that this is possible

I'm pretty sure that this is possible.

Once I tried to hook one of my 17" monitors to my mobo and only that one worked. The other main one that is hooked to my GPU didnt work.

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

Once I tried to hook one of my 17" monitors to my mobo and only that one worked. The other main one that is hooked to my GPU didnt work.

Have you checked the monitor's settings?

I'm pretty sure that this is possible.

I was under the impression that Integrated Graphics were disabled if you had a dedicated GPU.

Case: Corsair 500R ¦ Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ¦ CPU: i5-3570K @  4.7Ghz ¦ Cooler: H100i ¦ Graphics: MSI R7950 Twin Frozer III ¦ PSU: Corsair CX750M ¦ Storage: 1x OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1x Seagate 500gb, 1x WD 1TB Blue ¦¦

I was under the impression that Integrated Graphics were disabled if you had a dedicated GPU.

It sounds like it's possible

I keep my 27" Samsung connected to my Discrete GPU via DVI and my 47" Samsung LCD TV is connected to the Motherboard iGPU via HDMI for when I want to drag a VLC window or whatever to it and watch my movies on that or sometimes my other 20" LCD as my "Sidecar" monitor (IMs, Steam window, IRC, etc).

http://hardforum.com/archive/index.php/t-1713486.html

So I went to the bios and there was no way to activate the iGPU. I have a intel board but there were no settings for GPU.

Build log