BROKEN SSD

prolemur

I bought an ADATA SX900 a couple moths ago and have used it as my boot rive and the sata data connector broke off and the drive no longer works , i tried to return to store but they said it was physical damage and that they could not replace it or give me a refund/reimbursement for the drive. So now my idea is to RMA it back to adata but i dont know if this drive is actually dead or if I can still use it. I need help to get this drive working again! Please help me

Also this is the rma letter that i was about to send adata before posting on this forum and I'd greatly appreciate the help, that being because that build was just made a couple moths ago, it was my first one,im only 15 years old, and i bought it with my own money, that ssd alone being a 256 sx900 costing 170 with a 20 mail in rebate which i most likely will not even see:

I had to reboot my system to allow an update and then it never turned back on after the shut down. I tried turning it back on but it only had a flashing white underscore on the screen. So I looked at all of the parts and they seemed to be working properly. Still no boot. So I looked at my ssd which is currently my only storage in the system and I took it out, removed the sata cables, unhooking the latch on the sata data cable and when I pulled it out the connector for the sata data broke off and is now stuck in my ssd. The pins are now unprotected. So of course I try to fix the problem by putting the cable with the sata data connector still inside of it and putting the pins where they would normally be in the entity. But there's still the flashing white underscore on the screen and my computer will not boot, not even into the bios. It just sits there. I even tried to plug up another hard drive and download windows onto that but I can't get past the blinking white underscore screen.

This is basically what it looks like all of the pins seem fine and dandy but it doesn't wanna go vroom vroom like it used to :(

First off all, if you still get the error with a different hdd, then there is a second thing wrong with your system, so trouble shoot that first.

Second, 99% of these broken sata connector drives will not get warranty (like the shop said its physical damage)

I had this a long time ago, and i could run the hdd for 2 more years with the broken protector (as long as it was still in the sata cable)

So my advice is, remove the ssd and the sata cable with protector still in it.

Troubleshoot the pc with the other hdd, and when its up and running you plug the ssd and sata cable back in.

The ssd should still function normally, you just have to watch out not to shock you case to mutch as the connector will come loose again.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<