You may speak English only

brownninja97

Can people please read the rules its so simple. Only english, you can type whatever you want but shove it google translate which is available everywhere(apart from korea). Please use it ive had to translate multiple threads now when it should be your job to write in the correct language.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't see why other languages are prohibited. Chrome automatically translates the page for me.

I know right but it was in the rules so obey the rules or die of death.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well I can understand that the forum is an English based forum so the threads should be in english. Users should use google translate because even though Google Chrome translates it, some users don't use GC. I myself use IE10.

\

Or we could collaborate to make the forum more welcoming through reasonable discussion.

That's so bad that it's not funny.

I don't see why other languages are prohibited. Chrome automatically translates the page for me.

If people chose to speak whatever language they liked, then not only would this cause mass confusion and only lead to problems in what the person means; but, also makes it alot harder to moderate as you are not sure whether what the person saying is offensive. Yes, translations can help; however, they lack colloquial language translation, therefore makes it near impossible to spot and thus deal with possible offensive language. Combined with the fact translation software such as "Google Translate" is never 100% correct as it translates word for word, rather than looking at the context of the sentence - it makes more sense to have an English only forum.

That's so bad that it's not funny.

people have to enforce rules or no one will follow and no people will not die of death

Listen if you care.

Well I can understand that the forum is an English based forum so the threads should be in english. Users should use google translate because even though Google Chrome translates it, some users don't use GC. I myself use IE10.

"I myself use IE 10"

wow 

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

"I myself use IE 10"

wow 

Wow I failed so hard there XD

I use IE 10 :D

(I wrote my English exam not even 32 Hours ago :P)

\

"I myself use IE 10"

wow 

You'd be surprised, IE has come leaps and bounds compared to its predecessors. I still personally use Chrome, though.

Wow I failed so hard there XD

I use IE 10 :D

(I wrote my English exam not even 32 Hours ago :P)

Not bashing your English mate, it seems fine! It's just your use of Internet Exploder. ;)

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

You'd be surprised, IE has come leaps and bounds compared to its predecessors. I still personally use Chrome, though.

I think he was commenting on the fact that I used I and myself right after each other XD

Edit: Lol IE 10 is amazing.

\

Not bashing your English mate, it seems fine! It's just your use of Internet Exploder. ;)

I said I myself, double rep of I :/

\

I think he was commenting on the fact that I used I and myself right after each other XD

Edit: Lol IE 10 is amazing.

" I myslef" is a very tiny error. I wouldn't kick yourself about it. :)

If people chose to speak whatever language they liked, then not only would this cause mass confusion and only lead to problems in what the person means; but, also makes it alot harder to moderate as you are not sure whether what the person saying is offensive. Yes, translations can help; however, they lack colloquial language translation, therefore makes it near impossible to spot and thus deal with possible offensive language. Combined with the fact translation software such as "Google Translate" is never 100% correct as it translates word for word, rather than looking at the context of the sentence - it makes more sense to have an English only forum.

But I've never seen a thread anywhere where multiple languages were spoken. They've always been a dedicated thread to a particular language from what I've seen. Google Translate can actually be 100% correct. Why not at least give it a try?

Is that really a rule? The forums is primarily english speaking anyways, i see no reason to stop people from speaking a different language. I can't see how it has any sort of negative impact on the forum. If you don't want to google translate, then you don't have to read the thread.

tumblr_md3jin4SHG1rp4hkk.gif

But I've never seen a thread anywhere where multiple languages were spoken. They've always been a dedicated thread to a particular language from what I've seen. Google Translate can actually be 100% correct. Why not at least give it a try?

Being a moderator on other very large forums I can say this is a rule in all of them as well.  Yes Google can translate but users shouldn't be forced to use Google chrome as their browser to read the forum, or keep Google translate handy in a bookmark and do some copy paste work for every post in non-English.  And mainly, insulting people in another language or "talking behind people's back" is a large concern.  Of course you can translate it but often times I've tried translating remarks by users and some words were not recognized by Google which turned out to be (offensive) slang words.  And another time it translated something as an offensive English word but in context in the original language it was not actually offensive.  Multiple languages creates confusion at times in terms of enforcing other rules and it's really not feasible without moderators that speak other languages natively, Google Translate cannot realistically compensate for that and I can say that from experience.

people have to enforce rules or no one will follow and no people will not die of death

:blink:

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

:blink:

believe it or not, it has happened before and it may happen again

Listen if you care.

You are a strange one sir.

Was it a quote or, "no one will be dead if they die"?

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

You are a strange one sir.

died of death is one of my quotes. I use it to make a threat sound funny to the people that im not directing it towards. See if i said i hope you die of cancer people will be offended saying a relative had cancer and then direct back to me. My way of saying sounds funny and people are like wtf(dont say it in real life). And always remember

peopledie.jpg

Listen if you care.

Was it a quote or, "no one will be dead if they die"?

I made my own quote, i tend to overreact a lot and thats one of things i came up with. Eg if you use a mac you will die of death.

Listen if you care.