-Completed- DSA-Recon - Update 17 April

Blassreiter
7_zps20d5a209.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm starting my second build in Mid August and this is the work log of it from beginning to the end. This is another scratch build, but this one I will use metal for my work

Click HERE if you want to see my first build

This will be one of the smallest Full ATX case that can have 4-way SLI/Crossfire in the world. I will add some innovative functions as well, which are a surprise :lol: :naughty:

So far Gigabyte has sponsored me with a beautiful mobo which I will be revealing to you later. 

GB will use this case for their exhibitions if they need it. So I hope to see it in a booth in exhibitions.

Here are some rendering of the case design. It has colour changing lights and the "Y" that's in all of my mods. stay tuned for the work progress

4_zps9d4946d7.jpg

38_zpsb038e478.jpg

36_zpsaf89c3aa.jpg

I beg you not to ask one thing... Instead I'll answer the question. "Yes! Anything is possible if you want to build it!" 

So please let me know what you think :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

A Big thank goes to GIGABYTE for sponsoring my build

Update 27/08

Hello guys and girls of our modding community, today we have a small update. we started working on the prototype build in cardboard. 

If you ask me why we do this, it's because we need to make sure all the measurements are correct and everything fits in perfectly before we go into real production using Aluminium. 

I'm still in a doubt whether to use Aluminium or Steel, coz Alu is light but Steel is stronger. 

Anyway the following pictures are of the side panels. I did it as two parts rather than bending the one whole piece because it's easy to take measurements. So after I finish cutting all the pieces then i will put them together and put up some pics then

IMAG0063_zps8e4947b4.jpg

IMAG0065_zps609b0fd4.jpg

Update 28/08

Hi guys n gals, update on day 2 of the build,

I didn't have much time going home after my work. but I did some work on the build. I had some problems with the measurements of stuff, so I used the  previous box i made for mobo tray and today i will make a new frame.

I was able to make the fan and rad holder, so as in the pics this system can hold a 240 rad. on top If you go with a custom loop then there is enough space for even  push pull system. so all together 4x 120 fans there. and on front you can have another 2x 120 fans. so all together this system have space for 6x120 fans and 1x 240 rad

Also it has space for 2 SSDs on front and can have a 30CM tall res with 5cm diameter.

It can also accommodate about 6HDDs

Only negative is that it doesn't have a 5.25 bay. Since I dun use it I decided not to include it.

Here I cut out two circles to give enough airflow through rad to the fans

IMAG0067_zpse47e4be4.jpg

IMAG0068_zps8938ce0d.jpg

IMAG0067_zpse47e4be4.jpg

Hi Guys not much update for today, been cutting shapes and glueing them to see whether it looks like the render. So far it's grt and few more pieces to cut. in pics I didn't attach all. but i've done more. so here are few pics

IMAG0100_zps52451fa4.jpg

IMAG0098_zpsdd8f6677.jpg

IMAG0093_zps0c9d5290.jpg

I got a sheet of MS Steel yesterday. so probably tonight I will start drawing and will try and cut tomorrow. problem is that m on an internship, so everyday leave at 7am and come back at around 6.30 pm :\

Oh yeah and i cut my palm trying to hold the metal sheet :\

I'm planing to mass produce this case. in different materials as well few dif versions. MS steel, Aluminium and Anodized aluminium(premium) and few designs like in the following picture

Alum and Steel one will be powder coated. and I can make stainless steel as well but it will be HEAVY!

996148_1539799326243047_3877427558476826

10387092_10152573816358899_8304743299578

10467001_10152573800393899_2618215927532

10272652_10152573830778899_6155911188394

^^ m not gonna sell these in MS Steel and allum, that what i do when m bored :D

I'll be back with another update soon

Hi guys. wondering why i was silent? ah yeah it's because I was busy tryna make a custom spu block. so this is the result of the 1st test. i'm gonna test this and if it has a significant improvement over the air cooling, then i will make a nice clean and neat one.

I still need to cut the metal sheet. been busy with this. :\

10696390_10152707801638899_1153468721205

Custom block top Acrylic cover almost complete. it's time to find some fittings to use.

In my country ask a shop for watercooling fittings. they say "What?" so i guess i have to use numatic fittings :\

IMG_1839_zpsebed771f.jpg

Hi Guys Here is something I started doing before holidays, but only today i did the Acrylic cut. this looks cool, i can't decide whether to pain tthis or now :\here's from A-Z

IMG_1370_zps60886931.jpg

IMG_1951_zps96df6438.jpg

IMG_1950_zps83439c4a.jpg

IMG_1954_zps1242d53d.jpg

IMG_1957_zpsb938c370.jpg

IMG_1961_zps7e63b4a1.jpg

what do you guys think? should i paint it or does it look good this way?

this is going to be good.

follow.

i wouldnt paint it btw.

Thanks mate. i cut the metal today. so tomorrow after bending i will update again :)

<3 Bog orange motherboard.

I own a Z77X-UP7. Love it to bits. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

<3 Bog orange motherboard.

I own a Z77X-UP7. Love it to bits.

Yeah its a nice mobo can't wait to get my hands on a x99

I've never seen a custom made cpu block  Great work so far  :D!

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

I cant wait to see the finished product!!!

I've never seen a custom made cpu block  Great work so far   :D!

Instafollow after seeing the first pic  :)

Surprises you say?! I'm in!

Thanks a lot everyone. :D  :D

I will test the custom block for leaks tonight, then after 48hour test i will fit it to the system and test for another 48 hours, then i will check the temp change in the system and we will see how effective it is.
On the other side, have some obstacles in the case build, first of all the 0.6 thick Mild Steel i used seems to be bit too thick for the build, and the side panels have an issue fitting well to the side, so i'm gonna do some modifications and tests to see what i can do to fix it, then after that i will buy a new aluminium sheet and build the whole case in that, for everything i got only till Oct 10, then have to send off to powder coating and m y flight is on 26th :\ so it's gonne be a hectic half a month from now on :\
But i will finish the build and i will update you guys

KIT

asked for 3mm screws for the block, they gave me some, and then asked for a 3mm tapping tool as well, but it turns out to be that the screws were 2.5 mm. fuck there goes 2 more days :\ and the shop closes at 6 and my work off at 5. it will be Need for Speed

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

• 2 months later...
Hi modders. Sorry for being silent for some time. But here I am with some Updates So this is what I was doing with the build, Too bad I did not have enough facilities to laser cut the metal, so all Jigsaw and Dremel :dremel: :( 

IMG_0057_zpsf5c5ff4b.jpg

IMG_0058_zpsdb46e9da.jpg

IMG_0059_zps083bc07c.jpg

IMG_0061_zps9e933a53.jpg

IMG_0060_zpsf9fb0056.jpg

More updates coming soon

Thanks a Lot for Gigabyte for Sponsoring this Build with their fabulous Z87 OC

gblogo_zps7fe6a972.gif

Custom block top Acrylic cover almost complete. it's time to find some fittings to use.

In my country ask a shop for watercooling fittings. they say "What?" so i guess i have to use numatic fittings :\

IMG_1839_zpsebed771f.jpg

Hi everyone, sad news. the waterblock did not leak but the temperature difference was only about 2 degree Celsius from the aircooler I used, so I decided not to use that for the build. Instead I will be using the CM Seidon 240M with COOLERMASTER sponsored me for the first build

IMG_1839_zpsebed771f.jpg

Hi everyone, sad news. the waterblock did not leak but the temperature difference was only about 2 degree Celsius from the aircooler I used, so I decided not to use that for the build. Instead I will be using the CM Seidon 240M with COOLERMASTER sponsored me for the first build

That's sad :I

Looking foward to it tho, looks really good C:

CPU - i3 4130 - 3.4GHz - Stock Cooling

GPU - Palit 750GTX 2GB (Single Fan)

MB   - ASRock H81M-DGS R2

SO COOL!*

FOLLOWED!!

:)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log