What do you think about BitTorrent's new chat client, Bleep?

I just found out about it on the wan show. I think its really cool that BitTorrent is trying to get rid of the stigma around them by coming up with secure sharing and communication software such as bittorrent sync and Bleep now.

Just wondering what people think about the company and what they have been doing for the last 2 years or so??

It looks to be a promising competitor against other "secure" messaging apps. With the major selling points being a encrypted, decentralized, multi platform, messaging application.

But it is not open source, nor is the source available to be scrutinized by the public. Which raises the question of, are they hiding anything? They very well could be, but compared to application like skype, this is a major improvement. No more passwords, just your devices and encrypted data exchange using BitTorrent. This would protect you from someone compromising a similar but centralized service like iMessage for example and making away with all your sensitive data.

tl:dr - There are inherent flaws to Bleep, but it is a step in the right direction and I will recommend it to friends when it is ripe. 

And I think its great that BitTorrent is creating products upon the protocol, I have sync on my FreeNAS to sync offsite and to my devices.