What a stupid product this is - Asus 730 GT

Admire

So, while looking at the 970 and 980 on a danish retailer, i stumpled a cross this marvelous product.

I GIVE TO YOU: THE BEAST THAT'S BEEN MADE IN THE EAST

ASUS GeForce GT 730 4GB PhysX CUDA!

Yes. A 384 core monster with 4 GB of ram.  Even as a dedicated Physx card, this is stupid.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

So, while looking at the 970 and 980 on a danish retailer, i stumpled a cross this marvelous product.

Yes. A 384 core monster with 4 GB of ram.  Even as a dedicated Physx card, this is stupid.

Really not meant to be anything spectacular.

Most of them are a fanless design for HTPC and offer the ability to expand. Just a simple cheap card used for many reasons.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Its designed for people who have no idea about hardware and go "HA! My awesome GT 730 has 4GB of VRAM, your shitty GTX 770 only has 2GB!"

Do you think a 3770K will bottleneck it? Think I might upgrade my GPU. 

Yes. I think you might need to go 2011 and some haswell E to be on the safe side.

Really not meant to be anything spectacular.

Most of them are a fanless design for HTPC and offer the ability to expand. Just a simple cheap card used for many reasons.

I know..I would never be trashing it if it was 1 GB or even 2GB. 4GB is just beyond stupid and is taking advance of people who don't know better

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

sounds like companies are still trying to get rid of their stockpiles of GDDR3 memory. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an 8GB version of the 730. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Do you think a 3770K will bottleneck it? Think I might upgrade my GPU. 

Totally you need a 24 core Xeon to handle this monster!

Dedicated Physx cards are old news. With everything from GTX 770 or thereabouts and up a dedicated Physx card will just slow the system down. As for the GTX 730 4GB well that's a ploy to fool the unknowing into a sale just like a dedicated Physx card.