GTX 980/970 Pricing & Reviews

OlekKing

http://en.toppreise.ch/index.php?search=gtx+980&sRes=OK

Scroll down and you can see that 8 retailers have it in stock right now, available for purchase.

Example: http://www.ohc24.ch/products/2247845

Manufacturer: Asus Manufacturer#: 90YV07H0-U0NA00 Article no. 2247845

Average price is 600€

I thought release was tomorrow?

Since Switzerland has lower VAT, prices in other European countries will probably range from 650 to 750€.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Damn, thats's a lot of money... Much more than I expected.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I want to know the price of the 970. Might as well buy the 780Ti than the 980.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Damn, thats's a lot of money... Much more than I expected.

Yeah, i can get an aftermarket 780 for around 400€ in comparison.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

$700, I'm going to cry myself to sleep now...

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Damn, £460 for the cheapest and £530 for the most expensive.  £100 more than a 780 and pretty much the same price as a 780ti.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Damn, that's mother-effing expensive. I got my 780 ti for £360 and even that I consider opulent.

Damn, that's mother-effing expensive. I got my 780 ti for £360 and even that I consider opulent.

My DCII OC 780s cost me each about that, got them in the 1st week of November 2013.

$700, I'm going to cry myself to sleep now...

Over a computer hardware component price? :o

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Over a computer hardware component price? :o

Nearly everyone was expecting competitive prices, that's probably why he got disappointed.

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

My DCII OC 780s cost me each about that, got them in the 1st week of November 2013.

Did you buy them after the price cuts due to AMD releasing their Hawaii cards? Because back then I remember the 780 being at a ridiculous £500 on most e-tailers.

I'm actually more interesting about what the GTX 960 has to offer over it's predecessor.

Nearly everyone was expecting competitive prices, that's probably why he got disappointed.

Yeah, I figured that. It's pretty much guaranteed that they'll be considerably more expensive here in Australia.

Did you buy them after the price cuts due to AMD releasing their Hawaii cards? Because back then I remember the 780 being at a ridiculous £500 on most e-tailers.

Yeah, and i was actually super excited for the 290x and planning to buy it, right before people got hands on it and it turned out to be a jet engine...aftermarket models only came out 3 months later, i was extremely disappointed and wasn't going to wait.

Couldn't be happier with the 780s though, owned a 580 and 680 before that big purchase. Was ready to switch to AMD but they just disappointed me, even after the AM models came out i wasn't regretting my purchase, i get better thermals, better TDP, better driver support, better multi GPU support and now i'll also be able to use GSYNC once i get the ROG Swift.

I'm actually more interesting about what the GTX 960 has to offer over it's predecessor.

I'm expecting the 960 to offer 670 performance at like 130W.

Yeah, I figured that. It's pretty much guaranteed that they'll be considerably more expensive here in Australia.

Same here in Europe man... Just change $ to €.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I wouldn't worry to much about seeing prices that are stupid high until everyone can start selling their cards, Then you will get actual prices and not things that are possibly marked way up before the NDA is even lifted.

Cant remember where I saw it, If i remember right the NDA lifts on the 19th correct?

I'm expecting the 960 to offer 670 performance at like 130W.

Hopefully, twould be good. :)

EDIT: Did you actually mean the GTX 770?

I wouldn't worry to much about seeing prices that are stupid high until everyone can start selling their cards, Then you will get actual prices and not things that are possibly marked way up before the NDA is even lifted.

Cant remember where I saw it, If i remember right the NDA lifts on the 19th correct?

That would be considered price gauging here, the price won't change overnight...

And i mean, this is about what the 780ti cost when it came out.

So now there's basically a 100€ gap between 780<780ti<980

EDIT: Btw the places that have it in stock and ready to sell right now are pretty much all the major hardware retailers here.

I want to know the price of the 970. Might as well buy the 780Ti than the 980.

Me too, I'm upgrading at Christmas and it's a toss-up between a 970 and an R9 290, and at this rate the 290 is miles ahead.

Me too, I'm upgrading at Christmas and it's a toss-up between a 970 and an R9 290, and at this rate the 290 is miles ahead.

We have the same problem!!! :D  :mellow:   :(

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

-snip-

I'm afraid the only thing that will stop this greed is if AMD drops a 4092 SP GCN 1.3 card early next year. Or slash the 290/X price. Wishful thinking though :(

I'm afraid the only thing that will stop this greed is if AMD drops a 4092 SP GCN 1.3 card early next year. Or slash the 290/X price. Wishful thinking though :(

Will they not release their R9 390x this year?

They will cut the R9 290x prices because they wan't to buttrape Nvidia:D

The last 2 years I experienced that AMD was the winner in GPU sales:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

We have the same problem!!! :D  :mellow:   :(

Ha, I feel your pain. :P

Also if none of the 970s come with awesome-looking backplates like a few of the 290s do, that is totally not going to influence my decision. At all. >__>

Will they not release their R9 390x this year?

They will cut the R9 290x prices because they wan't to buttrape Nvidia:D

The last 2 years I experienced that AMD was the winner in GPU sales:D

I think AMD's plan for Q4 2014 was to release a 2048 SP full Tonga core (285X?) But I think they scrapped that due to Maxwell. They're probably gearing up the 390X for next year seeing as the cooler's been leaked already.

Still though, I hope they surprise us with a 390X Christmas release to put Nvidia back to earth.