8560x1440

tracert

Greetings,

I'm currently looking to purchase some monitors and am also in the midst of updating my gaming rig.  I recently purchased a 34UM95 21:9 monitor and am possibly looking to add two 27" monitors for the sides.  Does anyone know which monitors may best match up to the 34" center monitor, height wise?

I realize that 12+ MP is a bit much to drive with current GPU solutions, but I plan to have these monitors long enough to go through a few GPU upgrade cycles.  I would like to have the extra space for productivity in the meantime.

Any help is appreciated.

Greetings,

I'm currently looking to purchase some monitors and am also in the midst of updating my gaming rig.  I recently purchased a 34UM95 21:9 monitor and am possibly looking to add two 27" monitors for the sides.  Does anyone know which monitors may best match up to the 34" center monitor, height wise?

I realize that 12+ MP is a bit much to drive with current GPU solutions, but I plan to have these monitors long enough to go through a few GPU upgrade cycles.  I would like to have the extra space for productivity in the meantime.

Any help is appreciated.

WOW! That's gonna be an awesome setup. As for two 27" 2560x1440 monitors that match. I don't think there are any ATM, sorry.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

The LG 34UM95 has the height of a 27" 1440p monitor so just get a 27" if you want the height to match up but note the stand is small and lacks adjustment so you might want to get a adjustable VESA mount for it also only AMD GPUs allow you to game at weird resolutions like 8560x1400p granted that AMD doesn't revoke that feature in the future you'll be fine but IMO I'd just get the 34UM95 and two 24" 1080p monitors.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I recently purchased a 34UM95 21:9 monitor and am possibly looking to add two 27" monitors for the sides.  Does anyone know which monitors may best match up to the 34" center monitor, height wise?

The 34UM95 was specifically designed so that when running standard 1440p (2560x1440) with black bars, it would be the same size as a 27" screen. So basically any 27" monitor should match up, although going with an LG IPS monitor is most likely to avoid any possible differences.

Nvidia surround has to have each monitor running at the same resolution?  If that is the case I was not aware of this. 

Does anyone have experiences with eyefinity and dissimilar resolutions they can share?  I would dislike being pideonholed to a certain manufacturer unless it's really worth it. 

Perhaps I should just take this 34" back and start all over.  I really do like this monitor, though a 27" IPS with 120Hz+ and a warranty would be nice...