Angelbird SSD2go Pocket

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1phGuZ6

Amazon: Coming soon

Angelbird sent over their SSD2go Pocket, an SSD that, well, fits right in your pocket! With its high capacity and portability, does the pocket make sense as an alternative to other portable performance drives like the Corsair Flash Voyager GTX?

Awesome :D I was just looking for an portable SSD this morning.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

This look's like a good product, but i'd rather a flash voyager. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Did a bird deliver it to you?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I dont care how resilient ssds are...dropping them is just not okay. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Hello there (again) Nick! :)

@nicklmg

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

The water bottle was still a little creepy.

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

Looks like a solid Product, but i would prefer the Voyager GTX. (Altough i don't feel the need of having 128GB or more with me all the time. But I guess this will be only a matter of time).

BacardiRoqs

How would this compare to a Samsung 850 Pro in an external enclosure with a SATA III to USB 3.0 adapter?

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

Probably wont be a option at the moment, but as SSD prices go down it does look like a serious option in the future

I'd just get a portable HDD, I'm not too concerned about speeds and the huge difference in $/GB is extremely important to me. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

external hdd(mechanical) is better as more space is present in less amount of money

Linus used the word aluminium now we can all rest happy.

Nice product. Size and metal casing is awesome on potable drives.

Won't you still be extremely BottleNeck'd by the only being able to reach the max speed of the 3.0 USB?? I personally could think of another item for my Rig for the cost of this compared to whatever else you may need or want for your Rig??? Just my my opinion/thoughts on the subject! I'd love to have one as well, but that is my major drawback I'm currently trying to overcome...

nice Video, but SSDs are still expensive, maybe in the future ill pick up something like this!

I don't think external ssds are worth the price yet compared to mechanical. But anyone thinking of getting an internal ssd definitely should. Probably the best purchase I've made for my PC.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Probably wont be a option at the moment, but as SSD prices go down it does look like a serious option in the future

external hdd(mechanical) is better as more space is present in less amount of money

I definitely agree. I think the price/GB just isn't worth it at the moment. But time will come when SSD > HDD. It all depends on how much space you need to be portable and durable. My portable HDD will stay in my backpack, and I don't throw that around as it generally has my laptop too. So it's most likely in a safe environment.

I spy with my little eye a eSATAp connector in that housing at 56 seconds in.

AngelbirdSSD2goPocketeSATApConnector.png

Also the best and cheapest way to get a small SSD in you pocket ins a entry level mSATA SSD and a enclosure. Its only going to be slightly bigger than a high end flash drive using SSD tech but actually is a SSD. The one down side is that I havnt seen any quality enclosures yet as all that is available is plastic.

I think its too big for the super portable device,  if you want something small , then the Corsair is fast enough and cheaper. If it requires a bag then why not go with something bigger anyway...

SSD does have the safety though I guess, but you really shouldn't be storing super vital important non-backed up things on it anyway :)

I spy with my little eye a eSATAp connector in that housing at 56 seconds in.

I was about to post about how it bothered me that is was not USB type B because it is a peripheral, but now it makes sense; I would buy one in a heartbeat if they released a version with power eSATA support.

I was about to post about how it bothered me that is was not USB type B because it is a peripheral, but now it makes sense; I would buy one in a heartbeat if they released a version with power eSATA support.

they do have one its their pro version of the older bigger drive. Also the A connector is used on all their drives because its thinner than a standard B and especially 3.0 B.

...Also the best and cheapest way to get a small SSD in you pocket ins a entry level mSATA SSD and a enclosure. Its only going to be slightly bigger than a high end flash drive using SSD tech but actually is a SSD. The one down side is that I havnt seen any quality enclosures yet as all that is available is plastic.

I just used one of these: http://www.amazon.com/MyDigitalSSD-Bullet-Proof-Enclosure-Adapter/dp/B00AYIDDMA

Its an (almost) all metal enclosure. The front bit is plastic.

Has an mSATA 256gb in it, its a little bigger than the Voyager, but was getting 400MB reads an writes to it!

Copied my FinalFantasy XIV Folder (11.8 GB) in seconds. It was major impressive!

Going to order one for myself now.

I just used one of these: http://www.amazon.com/MyDigitalSSD-Bullet-Proof-Enclosure-Adapter/dp/B00AYIDDMA

Its an (almost) all metal enclosure. The front bit is plastic.

Has an mSATA 256gb in it, its a little bigger than the Voyager, but was getting 400MB reads an writes to it!

Copied my FinalFantasy XIV Folder (11.8 GB) in seconds. It was major impressive!

Going to order one for myself now.

Newegg has a couple name brand ones that @Charger showed me after this post. Yep a true ssd will crush a ssd based flasdrive any day. With msata its almost as small but with m.2 it'll be even smaller. I just imagined a USB 3.1 type c M.2 enclosure *drools* .