One of my case fans goes into over drive

Admire

One of my case fans in my new build keeps going into overdrive where it goes from 800 RPM to 1900 RPM over and over again. The other fans don't behave like this and lie at the 800 range. The temps are fine. CPU temp at 35 at the moment. CPU fan at 1000 rpm.

The case fans are the stock case fans in the Corsair 760t

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

One of my case fans in my new build keeps going into overdrive where it goes from 800 RPM to 1900 RPM over and over again. The other fans don't behave like this and lie at the 800 range. The temps are fine. CPU temp at 35 at the moment. CPU fan at 1000 rpm.

The case fans are the stock case fans in the Corsair 760t

Where is it connected to?

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Swap the fan connectors with another fan

Problem persists with swapped fan --> Bad controller or buggy software

If not --> poor connection, faulty fan (extremely unlikely)

this would be the most efficient way to figure this out without playing 21 questions

Error: 410

Swap the fan connectors with another fan

Problem persists with swapped fan --> Bad controller or buggy software

If not --> poor connection, faulty fan (extremely unlikely)

this would be the most efficient way to figure this out without playing 21 questions

Okay, well, I attempted to switch it around but it still happened with the same fan. :-( So its not the connector

So new fan i guess.

Checked in both HWmonitor and in bios

Where is it connected to?

Was connected to one of my sys fan connectors on my MSI z97 gaming 5 mb.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.