NZXT X61 - CPU FAN error

k3nnis
Hi All,

Just setup my x61 and temps looks ok. At first it was coming up in the boot up bios as CPU fan error. I went into the bios and set it as ignore. Now it doesn't complain. Is this the right thing to do? I connected the X61's pump power 3 pin cable to my ASUS ROG Ranger's motherboard CPU_FAN header. Is this the correct one?

Anyone here have a X61 that they installed on an ASUS motherboard?

Thanks,

K.

Yea...recheck the connection and blow it out.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

As long as you can see your cooler is working properly, that's fine.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

ok thanks. So the asus CPU FAN header knows I am not plugging in a fan even though I place a 3 pin pump power to it?

Surprised the manual of the x61 doesn't say anything about this. 

ignore that as long you have the fan header that powers the pump installed to that then its ok i don't get that unless i don't have a fan hooked up into the splitter that connected to the in my case the X40 just plug a fan into that splitter if the fan thats cooling the RAD is spinning you're fine 

I have ran into exactly your problem.

Solution 1:

Disable fan speed monitoring for the header the cooler is plugged in to (CPU).

It's like in the advanced mode of the bios and in the monitoring menu listed under something like fan speed or minimum speed. Set the applicable options to ignore in the drop-down.

Thanks guys. I will just leave it set to ignore for now. Like you said as long as the fans are running and temp are in the correct range.

Also do you think I should plug the case fans into the asus motherboard fan headers so I can control the speed/monitor etc?

I am using a NZXT H440 case with 1 back fan, 3 front fans. And 2 fans for the x61 radiator which is monitored via CAM?

So for the back fan and 3 front fans, at the moment it's plugged into the fan hub of the case. With this setup I can't control the speed of the fans?

I think my asus rog ranger only have 3 chassis fan headers. How would I get the 4th one in?

p.s.I am using stock fans from NZXT that came with the case and radiator.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but incase anyone else comes looking for the answer, like I did...

To fix this ensure that one of the radiator fans is plugged into the first power outlet lead as this is the one with 4 wires connected to it to report the speed... The other power outlets that daisy chain from it only connect 3 of the 4 wires to the other outlets.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but incase anyone else comes looking for the answer, like I did...

To fix this ensure that one of the radiator fans is plugged into the first power outlet lead as this is the one with 4 wires connected to it to report the speed... The other power outlets that daisy chain from it only connect 3 of the 4 wires to the other outlets.

Cheers.

So just got my pc built and im using the x61, i keep having this problem even though the 4pin fan is plugged into the first port... figuring on making bios ignore the cpu fan speed. temps are cold though... any thought on this?