DSLR Buying Guide

DoubleY
4 hours ago, ACGVIEWER said:

Thank you for answering my question. I took a fancy to GH4 because of its 4K video. Perhaps even cheaper G7 can get good results. And they all need a SPEEDBOOSTER.

the SONY A7S2 is the best, but too Expensive. I don't know anything about the camera lens. the lens is my big problem.

I think G7 and GH4 has a same quality in 4K video. So I am just looking for a setup, can shoot 4K video and not much Expensive. 

I am in Japan now, so maybe the camera is a bit cheaper than other regions. maybe I also need a ND filter.

I don't know what about these ?

Panasonic GH4 + SPEEDBOOSTER + LEN

Panasonic G7 or G8 + SPEEDBOOSTER + LEN

Canon 80D + LEN

You can also buy a 4K capable camcorder, and it would probably cost as much as a G7.

With a Speedbooster on a Panasonic body, you should get Canon lenses.  You can't put a speedbooster between a Panasonic body like a G7 or GH4 and Panasonic lens because of the flange distance.  Speedboosters are basically also lens mount adapters, meant for mounting a lens with a different mount on another camera system.

I'm on my phone right now, will reply in more detail later.

Why don't you start a new discussion thread and we can talk about what you are looking for in a camera and which cameras might be suitable for your use.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

• 4 months later...
59 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

What do ya think about D5300? Are their better alternative?

In general pls

Probably, its been 4 years since its release, so it depends on price, use etc. Start a new thread, take the time to list what you want the camera for, what your budget is, what gear you already have etc. and we can help you a lot more. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

• 10 months later...
On ‎2014‎-‎09‎-‎17 at 6:47 AM, Dw136 said:

I think you should mention that how one uses the kit lens really affects the perceived megapixel count. A stopped down 18-55 from both companies are actually quite sharp. Yes if you're using the kit's wide open you may get as low as 7/8mp but stop it down to f8/f11 the kit lenses are actually scary sharp. 

Oh and this may be out of the scope of the guide but you should really express that with DSLR's its not the bodies its glass glass glass. + technique I guess

Yunno ebay has has holga lens for Nikon D1's an thats uptempo birdsongspace tech here!

IBA1 - WIN_20180119_160606.JPG

• 1 year later...

Very usefull article for beginners i would call it mildly outdated since you are refering to some old camera bodies, but i wish i had read this or some else beginner guide to photography back when i started.

40 minutes ago, Anden said:

Very usefull article for beginners i would call it mildly outdated since you are refering to some old camera bodies, but i wish i had read this or some else beginner guide to photography back when i started.

Yea, definitely very old. I'm not active here anymore and haven't updated it since it was originally posted 6 years ago :). 

It really should be un-stickied, but until something better comes along, I doubt that'd happen. Maybe you can create a new one!

2 minutes ago, TheDoubleYGamer said:

Yea, definitely very old. I'm not active here anymore and haven't updated it since it was originally posted 6 years ago :). 

It really should be un-stickied, but until something better comes along, I doubt that'd happen. Maybe you can create a new one!

I was thinking about the same, but i don't think i can do it with the same quality as you.

10 hours ago, Anden said:

it is I started an updated version but I need some more input.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 4:52 AM, GDRRiley said:

it is I started an updated version but I need some more input.

I like it, i like thist guide because it explains alot of technical stuff though.