What's your job?

Owen

Never had a 'real' job though I earn money through a website where I sell games. Also make some money here and there at school as an eBay source as many students don't have a Paypal account or use Credit Cards.

Good Morning...

I pump gas at a local gas station.

Started when I was 15. I am 17 now.

Having a drivers licence really opens the door for job opportunities when looking for work.

I always help out my relatives during the summer with work, I always get paid for doing it, eventually saved up enough to build my first rig.

I also did some part time work at a music store for 2 months when I was 17.

I'm not sure though If I can get a job this summer, most places in my local city don't want to take up students for jobs unless it is work experience. (aka getting them to do the work for nothing)

• 3 weeks later...

I am a Designer (you can know by the name ^_^ ) and a web developer .. and in my free time i do a lot of 3D modeling and Unity 3d Games .. my current bachelor degree is a Game made in unity 3d!

If anyone need's some help whit Web design...or plane design .. message me i will gladly help :)  ;)  

I'm an ICT-technician. Though since I'm 18-years-old I have to go to serve my time in the Finnish Army after few weeks. I applied to study IT in a University of Applied Sciences. I might become a computer electronics engineer in the next 4-5 years.

Intel i7 5820K Asus X99-A | G.Skill 2133MHz 4x8GB | Asus STRIX GTX980 | 500GB Samsung EVO 840 | Corsair AX760W | Qnix WQHD Matte | Windows 10

Unemployment paycheck and selling PC's.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I'm unemployed. Riches will find me someday, lol. no they won't.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

work for my brothers landscape gardening company 

I'm an IT intern at an insurance licensing firm that I live 3-5 minute from.

I get to take apart computers all day (and troubleshoot them) and get to find cool things like 4MB of RAM from IBM (easily 20+ years old).

You jelly? :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm a student and help my dad who's an electrician on the holidays

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I'm 27, just got my associates a few months ago.  Currently I work in the tech suport call center for lane bryant and catherines clothing stores.  I get a call reboot whatever is causeing problems then send a tech out if it's still a problem.

for 6 years before that I worked at a gas station, my old boss was sad to see me leave.

University student, lol. More like an occupation instead of a job. 

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Unembloyed student. :(

Getting most of my money by salvaging for PC hardware on local scrapyards and selling hardware that works (atleast by some extent), and by taking returnable bottles and cans to recycling banks (often that trash is found lying around on the streets, though not much to get money quickly).

Would've looked for a summer job, but every single company on the place I live either does not allow underage workers, don't want any underage workers to work in them or have already too many people doing summer jobs.

Fortunately studying itself does not cost anything. :)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Uni student (IT). Marketing intern for financial services firm.

Im a Computer Science student and Im currently interning at a mass transit company as a software tools developer. Mainly I write debugging tools for train control logic systems and do some work with constructing databases of runtime logs to then analyze to make sure everything is running as it should. Its a lot of work but I really enjoy it :D.

I'm in High School but want to be some sort of Electronics engineer when I get to college :D

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

• 2 weeks later...

What job?

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

• 3 months later...

Best job for a young teenager is waiting tables in a restaurant, well in the UK anyway. Get decent pay and most places let you keep tips, and those that don't, you can just pocket them anyway. Best thing about it is that when your studying at Uni or between the lul of finishing Uni and finding the right job, you can get a job in any bar or club or restaurant or pub as you have the experience that they need. It's also nice meeting and talking to members of the public that you would never otherwise talk to or meet.

I've been working in a  4 star hotel since I was 16 (now 19) and it is great. Did around 12 hours a week during school time, then 30 hours a week over summer. Then I turned 18 and started doing bar finish shifts, those weeks turned into 45+ hour weeks. Now I'm at Uni full time  I go back and work over summer and Christmas. Christmas is a great time for double time. I would never trade it for a job in retail either! 

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

• 2 weeks later...

I see some people on here with amazing rigs and I've always wondered how they can afford to drop 4 grand on parts unless you're making some serious dough. I make a little over minimum wage and I can only dream of some of the things you guys can afford. But to answer the main question of this thread, I work retail, I'm planning on majoring in accounting.