How do you run 4k?

defunkt

So as we all know 4K is 3840 x 2160, but Duel Link DVI can only support 2560x1600 or so, same with DP. So do you need two connections? Graphics cards don't support 4K outputs either at the moment.

I CANNIE SEE HOW I WORKS!

hello

i think you need a compatable monitor and a beast GPU

and the game or app has to support it

It can support higher resolutions, but at a lower refresh rate.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i think you need a compatable monitor and a beast GPU

and the game or app has to support it

But DVI still has limitations. And that is one of them. A beast GPU and compatible monitor won't get around that.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Display-Port version 1.2 can support 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz

Oh ok.

hello

also HDMI 1.4 should support 4k @ 24hz

ps. an picture assembler would be a great idea. you know a device that takes 4x 1080p input und makes one giant out of it, so people with 4+ monitors could use their setup for 4k instead.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

also HDMI 1.4 should support 4k @ 24hz

ps. an picture assembler would be a great idea. you know a device that takes 4x 1080p input und makes one giant out of it, so people with 4+ monitors could use their setup for 4k instead.

Why use a device like that when there is Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround?

Why use a device like that when there is Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround?

No bezels.

Anyway, you shouldn't think of the connections as having a "max resolution"; they really don't.  What they have is a "max bandwidth" and so usually the "max bandwidth" is listed for what they can do at 60Hz, however if you lower the refresh rate, that frees up bandwidth so you can do higher resolutions at lower refresh rates.

That being said, yes DisplayPort can do 4K at 60Hz.

No bezels.

Anyway, you shouldn't think of the connections as having a "max resolution"; they really don't.  What they have is a "max bandwidth" and so usually the "max bandwidth" is listed for what they can do at 60Hz, however if you lower the refresh rate, that frees up bandwidth so you can do higher resolutions at lower refresh rates.

That being said, yes DisplayPort can do 4K at 60Hz.

What do you mean no bezels? The post I quoted said it was for people with 4+ monitors. I assume this means separate units with each having its own bezel.

What do you mean no bezels? The post I quoted said it was for people with 4+ monitors. I assume this means separate units with each having its own bezel.

He meant using multiple inputs for a single large monitor to overcome the bandwidth limitations of a single cable.

Graphics cards don't support 4K outputs either at the moment.

Graphics cards do support 4K but you need a modern GPU such as a nVidia 600 series or better.