Hey asus how about a new design?

brownninja97

1: no one but i guess thats what it sounded like

You said it was black and blue so that's where it came from.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What I would personally like to see is all the heat pipes hidden within the shroud and maybe some sort of interchangeable colour system similar to what corsair has with their new fans. It would allow a user to create a tidy looking system with a nice matching colour scheme.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

What I would personally like to see is all the heat pipes hidden within the shroud and maybe some sort of interchangeable colour system similar to what corsair has with their new fans. It would allow a user to create a tidy looking system with a nice matching colour scheme.

they did it with the latest 680's , i see no heatpipes on my cards :)

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

they did it with the latest 680's , i see no heatpipes on my cards :)

Just looked it up the now and it looks better than i thought. I wish more non reference cards looked neater at the top/side (where you can see from a windowed case).

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

One of the main reasons i won't buy ASUS products, they are stubborn with their designs.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Personally, 'if it isn't broken don't try and fix it'. Trust me the saying works wonders. And to be honest, I think that the DCUII coolers are just as good looking as they are functional... :P

One of the main reasons i won't buy ASUS products, they are stubborn with their designs.

I dont know if thats sarcasm but lol either way.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Atleast ASUS uses a backplate on their high-end cards. Wish more manufacturers would aswell, it's sooo nice ;)

my .02 about the cu-mini design.

i want those fans and the heatsink on a fullsized card. it's obvious to me that the temperatures are not significantly different on the 670 mini as opposed to their normal model. yes it is louder and slightly hotter, but its 1 fan against 2. imagine if the heatsink and fans were incorporated into a fullsized model and consider how well that would work.

why change something that functions well?

You could say that about the motherboards yet they change it every five seconds and the colour scheme also, a gpu design is cheaper to change so why not do it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

From the Asus ROG Nordic Facebook Page. Happy now?
981179_551719751551226_135021089_o.jpg

Personally I think it's ugly as hell.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull