Hey asus how about a new design?

brownninja97

The cooler looks nice but it always seems off centre to me. They need to make one that isn't all crooked. Probably a factor of using the same cooler on multiple cards.

So minor changes is still considered a good change? Just even a slight change in design means redesigning the machinery that makes them.

Yes, they are smaller than ASUS but sales numbers don't lie. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Graphics-Cards-Business-Market-gpu,22112.html

Damn so a company only making gpus beats a company selling pcs, motherboard, other gpus(from both sides) and other peripherals. The world did end last year

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Damn so a company only making gpus beats a company selling pcs, motherboard, other gpus(from both sides) and other peripherals. The world did end last year

Well, it's only based on GPU's sold.

Well, it's only based on GPU's sold.

That is most likely because(in the Uk) the ASUS branded gpus are the most expensive while Palit is closest and most of the time cheapest and their products arent that bad. An example is the gtx 660:

Palit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GeForce-Graphics-Express-Architecture/dp/B009A4XOD2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1370015260&sr=8-9&keywords=gtx+660

Asus: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-GeForce-DirectCU-Graphics-Express/dp/B009HPFDE2/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1370015270&sr=1-7&keywords=asus+660

A standard 660ti(the price should be £210 from amazon) http://www.amazon.co.uk/660Ti-GeForce-Nvidia-Graphics-PCI-E/dp/B008YRUGCI/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1370015328&sr=1-7&keywords=gtx+660+ti

As you can see people dont like spending more then they have to.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have a direct cu 2 gtx 670 and I love the cooler, looks good and works really well, plus it has an awesome backplate, which is the part of the card that you are actually looking at. However, they should definitely join the silver IO cover to the black shroud because that would solve the sag issue that they have at the moment I think. The gap allows the card to bend into that space which doesn't help the sag at all. I hate having to support my graphics card to stop the horrible saggy look.

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

I have a direct cu 2 gtx 670 and I love the cooler, looks good and works really well, plus it has an awesome backplate, which is the part of the card that you are actually looking at. However, they should definitely join the silver IO cover to the black shroud because that would solve the sag issue that they have at the moment I think. The gap allows the card to bend into that space which doesn't help the sag at all. I hate having to support my graphics card to stop the horrible saggy look.

They should give you a metal rod with rubber at both ends so that you can stand it up better however that wouldnt be too good i guess as there are so many different cases out there with different sizes.

Listen if you care.

That is most likely because(in the Uk) the ASUS branded gpus are the most expensive while Palit is closest and most of the time cheapest and their products arent that bad. An example is the gtx 660:

Palit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GeForce-Graphics-Express-Architecture/dp/B009A4XOD2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1370015260&sr=8-9&keywords=gtx+660

Asus: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-GeForce-DirectCU-Graphics-Express/dp/B009HPFDE2/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1370015270&sr=1-7&keywords=asus+660

A standard 660ti(the price should be £210 from amazon) http://www.amazon.co.uk/660Ti-GeForce-Nvidia-Graphics-PCI-E/dp/B008YRUGCI/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1370015328&sr=1-7&keywords=gtx+660+ti

As you can see people dont like spending more then they have to.

But ASUS was able to keep itself number one for a few years even with their pricing and still manages to be at the top 3 even now. They can get away with it because of their large marketing presence and the reputation they've built.

ASUS may be bigger than the ones that overtook it but if you look closely at the article:

Palit Microsystems encompass these brands - Palit, Galaxy, Gainward, Yuan, Vvikoo, Daytona and XpertVision

PC Partner encompasses - Sapphire and Zotac

Basically, ASUS is competing with several smaller companies that when their sales are added together surpasses them.

But ASUS was able to keep itself number one for a few years even with their pricing and still manages to be at the top 3 even now. They can get away with it because of their large marketing presence and the reputation they've built.

ASUS may be bigger than the ones that overtook it but if you look closely at the article:

Palit Microsystems encompass these brands - Palit, Galaxy, Gainward, Yuan, Vvikoo, Daytona and XpertVision

PC Partner encompasses - Sapphire and Zotac

Basically, ASUS is competing with several smaller companies that when their sales are added together surpasses them.

I think its starting to get to a point where people arent willing to pay the money for an asus card when a card that costs 5% less preforms very close to it, furthermore a small number of people overclock so these features can sometimes be useless to people apart from bragging rights. This gens sucks however because nvidia cooler is just so nice but it is undoubtedly not as good as a pair or trio of downdraft fans.

Listen if you care.

I think its starting to get to a point where people arent willing to pay the money for an asus card when a card that costs 5% less preforms very close to it, furthermore a small number of people overclock so these features can sometimes be useless to people apart from bragging rights. This gens sucks however because nvidia cooler is just so nice but it is undoubtedly not as good as a pair or trio of downdraft fans.

Probably but ASUS will keep up with their prices until their sales drop significantly. Their premium prices are also what's driving their growth. All that extra income is helping fund their expansion into other hardware.

The ASUS coolers are downdraft as well and actually perform quite well. Not exactly the best but they even beat the Palit Jetstream which as 3 fans.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_680_Lightning/32.html

the look of the direct cu for abotu 4 years now- https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&q=gtx+780+windforce&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.ZWU&biw=1680&bih=925&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=_5WoUcbyAofdOZfAgOgJ#um=1&safe=off&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=asus+direct+cu&oq=asus+direct+cu&gs_l=img.3..0i10l5j0i10i24l2j0i24j0i10i24l2.51040.54477.2.54675.14.14.0.0.0.0.96.878.14.14.0.eqrwrth..0.0.0..1.1.15.img.2U6gGDD4bME&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.ZWU&fp=3b124b14a12e0dcd&biw=1680&bih=882

Gtx 780- windforce- https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&q=gtx+780+windforce&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.ZWU&biw=1680&bih=925&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=_5WoUcbyAofdOZfAgOgJ#facrc=_&imgrc=Q3KwW3eNAf2EWM%3A%3BLWpIUIJ9mE5-CM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.guru3d.com%252Findex.php%253Fct%253Darticles%2526action%253Dfile%2526id%253D4080%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.guru3d.com%252Farticles_pages%252Fgigabyte_geforce_gtx_780_windforce_oc_review%252C1.html%3B700%3B391

Gtx 680 windforce- https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&q=gtx+780+windforce&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.ZWU&biw=1680&bih=925&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=_5WoUcbyAofdOZfAgOgJ#um=1&safe=off&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=gtx+680+windforce&oq=gtx+680+windforce&gs_l=img.3...44946.45010.0.45080.2.2.0.0.0.0.53.53.1.1.0.eqrwrth..0.0.0..1.1.15.img.8v00BX4Al-w&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.ZWU&fp=22814bc8601d24da&biw=1680&bih=882&facrc=_&imgrc=WJvYSZGg6_D7gM%3A%3BnuzmqIYrkgdtaM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmedia.bestofmicro.com%252Fgigabyte-gtx-680-oc-windforce-x3%252CT-D-332833-22.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.tomshardware.co.uk%252FGigabyte-GTX-680-OC-Windforce%252Cnews-38201.html%3B600%3B286

Its not a massive change but im sure people are likely to buy cards that look cool and new compared to a card that have decent cooling but has maintained the same appearance for 4-5 years

Did they finally change the PCB to black :o ?

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Probably but ASUS will keep up with their prices until their sales drop significantly. Their premium prices are also what's driving their growth. All that extra income is helping fund their expansion into other hardware.

The ASUS coolers are downdraft as well and actually perform quite well. Not exactly the best but they even beat the Palit Jetstream which as 3 fans.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_680_Lightning/32.html

Do you think that for one of the tests they should max the fan speed for any of the cards(not the 7970 reference for the safety of our ears) to see their maximum cooling potential because some people like me will tell the fan to stay at 75%. You never know because the twin frozr might be programmed to ramp the fan speed way higher then an asus card or the other way around, my guess is that Palit overestimated the ability of the three fans.

Listen if you care.

i would love to get a asus card i love back and red but my system black and blue

Who punched your computer?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Did they finally change the PCB to black :o ?

madness your seeing things, i think there should be an addon for example you get normal clocked and super clocked, this way you could be like do you want shitty yellow pcb £5 more and get a black one. We the buyers might not like it but its surprising that a company hasnt thought of that yet or maybe it would cost way too much to manufacturer with different colours as one colour will get left or and then there is spare stock.

Listen if you care.

I DID MWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH*cough*HAHAHAHAha....

Listen if you care.

madness your seeing things, i think there should be an addon for example you get normal clocked and super clocked, this way you could be like do you want shitty yellow pcb £5 more and get a black one. We the buyers might not like it but its surprising that a company hasnt thought of that yet or maybe it would cost way too much to manufacturer with different colours as one colour will get left or and then there is spare stock.

Man i wish my 7870 OC had black pcb, the silver on the side is not bad but the cover is glossy so ugh not that great, but performance wise Gigabyte cards are awesome.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Do you think that for one of the tests they should max the fan speed for any of the cards(not the 7970 reference for the safety of our ears) to see their maximum cooling potential because some people like me will tell the fan to stay at 75%. You never know because the twin frozr might be programmed to ramp the fan speed way higher then an asus card or the other way around, my guess is that Palit overestimated the ability of the three fans.

Reviewers only test the stock fan speed profiles.

Noise tests they've done on the cards though, indicate that all 3 coolers are within the same noise level, give or take 1-2dbA.

fannoise_load.gif

fannoise_load.gif

fannoise_load.gif

Reviewers only test the stock fan speed profiles.

Noise tests they've done on the cards though, indicate that all 3 coolers are within the same noise level, give or take 1-2dbA.

fannoise_load.gif

fannoise_load.gif

fannoise_load.gif

Well Asus are hacking, lol jk i guess you get what you pay for.

Listen if you care.

Well Asus are hacking, lol jk i guess you get what you pay for.

ASUS did have a big mess that happened to them last year when very large numbers of their GTX 670 DCUII TOP cards were DOA's or had major problems. That probably put a bit of a dent on their sales numbers.

ASUS did have a big mess that happened to them last year when very large numbers of their GTX 670 DCUII TOP cards were DOA's or had major problems. That probably put a bit of a dent on their sales numbers.

Yes i remember a ton of their triple slot cards. It had something to do with the screws between the heatsink being too tight or too loose. Too tight and it crushed the gpu and the other way meant that if your did work then the temps were pathetic, some people saved their gpu by unscrewing and rescrewing everything.

Listen if you care.

Yes i remember a ton of their triple slot cards. It had something to do with the screws between the heatsink being too tight or too loose. Too tight and it crushed the gpu and the other way meant that if your did work then the temps were pathetic, some people saved their gpu by unscrewing and rescrewing everything.

That was on another GPU. I think that was on the 7970. The 670 one used a failed BIOS.

That was on another GPU. I think that was on the 7970. The 670 one used a failed BIOS.

It wasnt as common but there was also a few problems with the 680 where the fan blades were angles slightly and would cause a racket and im guessing that would have led to snapped blades and broken machinary and then somehow the ram dies and your i7 turns into a i3 and so on.

Listen if you care.

It wasnt as common but there was also a few problems with the 680 where the fan blades were angles slightly and would cause a racket and im guessing that would have led to snapped blades and broken machinary and then somehow the ram dies and your i7 turns into a i3 and so on.

Yeah but the 670 one grabbed the biggest headline because of how many were affected.

Asus's cooler is still cooler both physically and in appeal, than EVGA's.

"Spells do exist. We are all just out of Mana."

I pretty much agree with everyone else as it offers great cooling and the looks aren't that bad... Plus you can get the next gen card without having to change the colour scheme of your old build.

Case: Fractal Design R4 (x2 Noctua 140mm Fans, x2 Fractal Design Fans)            Processor: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2GHz (Hyper 212 Evo)             Audioengine A5+ Black Speakers

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3                                           Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC                                               Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4X4GB DDR3-1600                                                     Power Supply: OCZ Z-Series Semi Modular Gold 850W                 ASUS & LG 21.5 Monitor (Dual monitor arm)

I DID MWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH*cough*HAHAHAHAha....

1: no one but i guess thats what it sounded like

2: lawl if someone actuly did punch it i think i would be mad my old case is all banged up from multipul cross province lans and happy my main rig dosent leave its desk

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate