best games to test a new computer?

dajackanator

wanting some of the best games to test a new computer>

What exactly do you mean test?

There are specific programs designed to stress test components if that is what you're looking for..

Try Battlefield 3, Metro 2033, Crysis 1 with ultrareal photorealistic mod + dx11 mod and Witcher 2 and get something to measure your FPS like Fraps or whatever software you prefer.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

What exactly do you mean test? There are specific programs designed to stress test components if that is what you're looking for..

Testing games is more realistic in terms of user experience than a stress testing program.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

What exactly do you mean test? There are specific programs designed to stress test components if that is what you're looking for..
Testing games is more realistic in terms of user experience than a stress testing program.

I'm looking at it from the point of view of if he has made some changes to hardware settings, those changes will be identified easily on a stress test than it will playing through a game because for a CPU, a game isn't heavily dependent unless it's poorly optimized like in the case of Arma II running the DayZ mod.

Witcher 2 Max settings + Ubersampling, Multiplayer max settings Battlefield 3, Metro 2033 DX11 maxed.

Sleeping Dogs, Metro 2033, Battlefield 3

Metro 2033. battlefield 3, and then League of Legends in benchmark mode to feel really good about ridiculously high fps :P

If you don't have a powerful computer, don't start maxing out powerful games, you'll just feel sad at the end of the day!

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

If you're just looking for something impressive to try on a new PC then I'd go with Battlefield 3 or Far Cry 3, but if you're looking into actual benchmarking for the hardware there are programs specifically for that.

Usually i go bf3, crysis 2, dirt 3

Giving people air since never.

Metrooooooooooo

*edit* Also try the Nvidia/ati tech demos. They look fantastic.

La`~

Metro 2033, Crysis 2, and something even like Hitman Absolution, that game has some beast graphics. Some other goods ones would also be Witcher 2 and BF3.

Yes, but if you are doing OC make sure your PC finishes stress tests first, then go into games and test it properly :)

far cry 3 with my 680 at ultra setting temps are at 70c-75c under load with fan at 60%. 3570k core 3 at 99% load. yea this game will test your system well

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

League of Legends Very High settings.

I would also like to recommend Trine 2 for testing. It needs some power for it's maxed out graphics. Also Guild Wars 2 if you don't mind paying the $60 and never play the MMO if aren't interested :P

I would also use Borderlands 2, Max Payne 3, Portal 2, Skyrim, Planetside 2, Saints Row the Third, and maybe a Call of Duty game.