If AMD strikes against Titan what name should that GPU get?

I wonder if AMD will make something that is equal or better than Nvidia Titan, but that's not the question :). The question is what do you think they should name the GPU, so that it not only crushes the Titan in specs/benchmarks but also in name :D.

Should they call it Tartarus? (or Tartaros, which is a pit where sinners are sent in Roman mythology and the Titans lie at the bottom of this pit. Source: wiki
I'm not insinuating in any way that Nvidia is a sinner of any kind, I love Nvidia, the new 780 and Titan are Nvidia's most remarkable single GPU on the market and it will stay like that for quite a long time. All I'm asking is what do you think AMD should call their new flagship if they make one. And Tartaros sounds awesome :D.

nVIDIA-ForceWare-Drivers-93-81--32-bit-. amd_radeon_redline_pc-200x200.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

The AMD Awesome. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I like the hydra name it could be stock watercooled

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I like the hydra name it could be stock watercooled

Would be awesome, also this reminds me there will be a 780 Classified Hydro Copper GPU, it will come with water block on it.

780_HS_Hero.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Go with greek mythology.

The Titans ruled the earth before they were overthrown by the Olympian Zeus... How about The AMD Zeus. Or AMD Olympian.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Go with greek mythology.

The Titans ruled the earth before they were overthrown by the Olympian Zeus... How about The AMD Zeus. Or AMD Olympian.

I prefer AMD Gaia :D

I prefer AMD Gaia :D

Both Zues and Gaia would work equally as well. They both defeated Titans.

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 

AMD Narnia!

Because while you have witnessed seconds.

The card has rendered days!

(i just wanted to post here;_; i don't know any mythology)

EDIT: Also... Narnia!!! :3

Or AMD gods. Since they were defeated by the Olympian gods (and what RuecanOnRails said).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

AMD Juggarnaut

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

They deserve a badass name: AMD MAMMOTH.

THOR

Not after the girly marvel thor, the REAL manly Norse Thor!

thor2_110489365.jpg

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

Go with greek mythology.

Dam you wanted to say AMD Zeus :( .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Both Zues and Gaia would work equally as well. They both defeated Titans.

Zeus is no titan, he's the godfather, what you meant is probably Chronos.

Go with greek mythology.

You can't ever be wrong with the greeks :D

How bout call it "AMD Medusa" and give it a shitload of weird looking heatpipes :D

Or call it AMD Oedipus: It's so expensive it could be your mom, and you love it way too much in that weird way :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

what about Poseidon?

Poseidon only if it shipped with a waterblock instead of fan cooler.

If only gpu manufactures actually had a higher tier card with a stock waterblock cooler.. damn I would buy only those. Nothing worse than swapping the cooler only to void your warranty and have the card die.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Poseidon only if it shipped with a waterblock instead of fan cooler.

If only gpu manufactures actually had a higher tier card with a stock waterblock cooler.. damn I would buy only those. Nothing worse than swapping the cooler only to void your warranty and have the card die.

Maybe a stock hybrid cooler? Either way they need a good looking cooler to compete with the Titan, the 6990's doesn't hold a candle to it.

I kinda really want the ARES II cooler... but in waterblock form. just have the nice, thick aluminum plate on top of the waterblock with all that awesome etching...

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.