Looking for part suggestions!

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for part suggestions to a build that could run triple monitors in 1080p with high fps, for under or around $2000.

This is what I've cooked up so far (Slightly over budget)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtbTFT

Switch to the 4690K, and get a Z97 board and you're good. I think that a single 780 Ti should be good enough, but I'm not sure.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

@squa Well in case you see this..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($209.97 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($85.78 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($154.95 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($98.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($103.50 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($409.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($409.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($97.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1817.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-13 10:00 EDT-0400

IMO, this build looks beautiful in my opinion.

You can save money on windows 8.1 on G2A.com its where i find some of my game sales. https://www.g2a.com/microsoft-windows-8-1-standard-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html

Case: NZXT Tempest 410 Elite =Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 =CPU: Phenom II 965 x4 @ 4ghz(OC) =Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO =Memory: G.Skill RipjawX 8Gbs CL8 @1600mhz =PSU: Corsair CX-600w =GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950*windforce 3Gb* =Sound: Creative SB0770 =HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB =Keyboard: Razer Black Widow *Standard* =Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 =MousePad: Razer Sphex

here i modified the build for you http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8VTpD3 same amount of power just costs less

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

@AlwaysFSX @JEman99 Thanks for the suggestions, Both look really good.

your welcome and i wish you the best of luck on your future build

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Yeah that's still way over $2k.

ya i know but it is basically the same build for 300 dollars less with a little more performance and yours is still good but i just based mine on what he wanted he can choose either one and still get baller performance

ya i know but it is basically the same build for 300 dollars less with a little more performance and yours is still good but i just based mine on what he wanted he can choose either one and still get baller performance

The performance is the same, AMD usually performs better at higher resolutions too, but the OP stated "under or around $2k."

The performance is the same, AMD usually performs better at higher resolutions too, but the OP stated "under or around $2k."

yea but the nvidia cards will run better for triple 180p surround than the amd cards the amd cards only start to become better once you go over 4k

yea but the nvidia cards will run better for triple 180p surround than the amd cards the amd cards only start to become better once you go over 4k

The price/performance is unmatchable.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for part suggestions to a build that could run triple monitors in 1080p with high fps, for under or around $2000.

This is what I've cooked up so far (Slightly over budget)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtbTFT

Others have left out reasoning for part changes, I'll do my best to explain them.

1. i7 4790k --> i5-4690k: Gaming doesn't benifit from multi-threading so unless you do content creation as well you don't need the i7.

2. Watercooling really is overkill for most purposes for just CPU cooling. People like to do it because they can, so going with one of the most expensive coolers makes little sense.

3. Mobo updated to z97 to allow for future upgradability to broadwell (but please don't) and whatever improvements that brings.

4. Ram kit changed from 2133 MHz to 1866 MHz. After 1866 you are paying for bragging rights. In addition for gaming you don't need 16 GB, 8 is the right amount.

5. While the Samsung 840 Pro is a great SSD, there are a lot of cheaper SSDs that bring similar real world performance to the table at a greatly reduced cost. You can go with the Adata or others, my personal favourite is the mx 100.

6. The main thing to pay attention to here is VRAM. You are going to be using triple monitors so you want a high capacity of VRAM. For NVIDIA to make the budget I'd suggest going down to 2 780s (6 GB) as this will give you the compute power and the necessary VRAM (can someone confirm that only 6 of the 12 GB will be used, this is what I've been told but its confusing). For AMD 2 290s would get the job done as well and would be a couple hundred cheaper barring sales.

Others have left out reasoning for part changes, I'll do my best to explain them.

1. i7 4790k --> i5-4690k: Gaming doesn't benifit from multi-threading so unless you do content creation as well you don't need the i7.

2. Watercooling really is overkill for most purposes for just CPU cooling. People like to do it because they can, so going with one of the most expensive coolers makes little sense.

3. Mobo updated to z97 to allow for future upgradability to broadwell (but please don't) and whatever improvements that brings.

4. Ram kit changed from 2133 MHz to 1866 MHz. After 1866 you are paying for bragging rights. In addition for gaming you don't need 16 GB, 8 is the right amount.

5. While the Samsung 840 Pro is a great SSD, there are a lot of cheaper SSDs that bring similar real world performance to the table at a greatly reduced cost. You can go with the Adata or others, my personal favourite is the mx 100.

6. The main thing to pay attention to here is VRAM. You are going to be using triple monitors so you want a high capacity of VRAM. For NVIDIA to make the budget I'd suggest going down to 2 780s (6 GB) as this will give you the compute power and the necessary VRAM (can someone confirm that only 6 of the 12 GB will be used, this is what I've been told but its confusing). For AMD 2 290s would get the job done as well and would be a couple hundred cheaper barring sales.

Very good job breaking it down, I appreciate it.

I forgot to mention that I plan on producing music with this computer as well, will this build still be able to be used as a production computer?

Very good job breaking it down, I appreciate it.

I forgot to mention that I plan on producing music with this computer as well, will this build still be able to be used as a production computer?

From what I hear music production is not very resource intensive, but you should do a bit of research first or wait for someone else to respond.