New Build Opinion

Flodian

Hey guys Im planning on building my very first computer, right after the GTX900 series come out 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Flodian/saved/CKYmP6

So far all I need is the HDD and the GPU, so those things are still up in the air.

what do you guys think, thanks to everyone who replies!!!

Budget: 1k ish 

Uses: mostly gaming, I don't edit or anything 

Peripherals: 27 inch GW2750, TT mechanical keyboard, and some chinese gaming mouse 

budget? 

uses? 

os? 

peripherals? 

please read before posting 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

use the quote button if you want my help

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Get a 4690 instead then get a 500w power supply and wait for the GTX 970 since it's better than the 770 and hopefully the same price range :D

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Hey guys Im planning on building my very first computer, right after the GTX900 series come out 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Flodian/saved/CKYmP6

So far all I need is the HDD and the GPU, so those things are still up in the air.

what do you guys think

It's not a bad build. Are you saying that you've bought everything but the HDD and GPU or do you just mean in your PC Part Picker build configuration?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

You might wanna go for a 4690K instead of the current CPU. It's not much more and it has overclocking options as well as a higher standard speed.

It's something unpredictable. But in the end is right. I hope you've had the time of your life.

budget? 

uses? 

os? 

peripherals? 

please read before posting 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

use the quote button if you want my help

Peripherals: 27 inch GW2750, TT mechanical keyboard, and some chinese gaming mouse 

It's not a bad build. Are you saying that you've bought everything but the HDD and GPU or do you just mean in your PC Part Picker build configuration?

Ya just the GPU and HDD left

@SAV1OUR, I've mentioned this repeatedly and I probably sound like a broken record, however, you always seem to be able to put great build configs together. You must just have a natural talent in this area. Good on ya! :D

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.89 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Memory Express) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($89.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: Sandisk Solid State Drive 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.87 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($409.99 @ NCIX) 
Total: $1171.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-13 00:49 EDT-0400

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

@SAV1OUR, thanks so much for your reply man, I really appreciate it. 

However the parts that I have left to buy are the GPU and the HDD. I didn't want to overclock (I don't have a good answer for why) and I kinda just went off some recommendations and stumbled my way through purchasing. My house has an issue with delivery, so I get all my stuff from the Canada Computers' store. 

So like based on what I already have at 1k canada, I was wondering if you can comment on how well you think it will perform and maybe tips as to the GPU. 

And again, I really appreciate your help man

Ya just the GPU and HDD left

Ah okay. So you've bought everything else (just to clarify, sorry)?

Yes, I have everything else already.  :D

Sorry, I just saw your post above after I posted that question.

@SAV1OUR, thanks so much for your reply man, I really appreciate it. 

However the parts that I have left to buy are the GPU and the HDD. I didn't want to overclock (I don't have a good answer for why) and I kinda just went off some recommendations and stumbled my way through purchasing. My house has an issue with delivery, so I get all my stuff from the Canada Computers' store. 

So like based on what I already have at 1k canada, I was wondering if you can comment on how well you think it will perform and maybe tips as to the GPU. 

And again, I really appreciate your help man

ahh alright sorry, well in that case just grab the parts off my list that you don't have 

Specs