AMD Wants To Crash Nvidia's GTX 980 & 970 Launch Party

ROFL AMD holds more market share than Nvidia.

Nvidia actually LOST market share and AMD gained.

http://jonpeddie.com/press-releases/details/jpr-reports-amd-jumps-11-in-gpu-shipments-in-q2-intel-up-4-nvidia-slips/

That's total chips shipped. The graph I posted was discrete GPUs, aka graphics cards that gamers use. The stuff that matters.

Obviously AMD makes more budget chips for consoles and cheap laptops.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Actually I wouldn't mind. Physx is actually really cool and more games need to use it.

Oh for sure. Physx is revolutionary and the best thing since sliced bread. I am especially impressed about how fast it has wildly spread to almost every AAA game made these days.........
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

This thread is just full of pitiful NVIDIA/AMD fanboys. Fuck this team green/red bullshit, stop acting like children.

What if some of us are children?
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Oh for sure. Physx is revolutionary and the best thing since sliced bread. I am especially impressed about how fast it has wildly spread to almost every AAA game made these days.........

Umm, I wasn't fanboying that hard, (I have equal respect for each manufacturer) but I was serious about the technology. Physx is a cool piece of kit (again, it's not super cool but it's cool enough) and I personally would love to see support for it added to more games. 

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

hmm...cant...tell...if...cereal...

But that's no fun !

Plus AMD has always thrown gaffes at Nvidia even during the ATi days.

Funny how this is AMD now though.

Lost a little more respect for a company that i didn't have much respect for in the first place, great marketing department lol 

We talk about gpu´s right, so your "fucking FX cpu " statement is irrelevant :D

The naming scheme is nothing wrong with, if you dont have enough braincells to understand AMD´s naming scheme, then thats not AMDs fault isn it?

1) No, is enough of putting all the load on ATI to carry the entire fucking company, they need to get their shit together on the processor front and I frankly will continue to mention this so like I said: No

2) Really? So the fact that I can get a 270 and 270x, then get more power from a 280 and 280x but if I go to the 285 is less powerful than the 280, it's not fucking stupid or anything right?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yea... This is a little childish IMHO. Just release competitive GPU's and be done with it. 

It's fun, nobody is getting hurt....

I think it's good to see Nvidia and AMD have a go at each other in a light hearted way...

1) No, is enough of putting all the load on ATI to carry the entire fucking company, they need to get their shit together on the processor front and I frankly will continue to mention this so like I said: No

2) Really? So the fact that I can get a 270 and 270x, then get more power from a 280 and 280x but if I go to the 285 is less powerful than the 280, it's not fucking stupid or anything right?

dont be silly, that card is a feature level upgrade, rather than a performance upgrade. If you want more performance then there are other products the their product stack.

not quite, I wasnt really in the scene at that time but didnt the amd cards run cooler and perform better?

They did I believe at the time but i'm saying that AMD is now in the position NVIDIA was in. The R9 290 series is crazy hot and uses way more power than the 780ti etc. Anyway I guess with the next gen I don't mind if AMD use enough power as long as they bring a crazy improvement in performance, however I would still like to beable to crossfire on any 850w PSU.

the nvidia reveal show is on my bday, omg :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

dont be silly, that card is a feature level upgrade, rather than a performance upgrade. If you want more performance then there are other products the their product stack.

So I'm silly because of AMD fucking stupidity? Fuck that stupid cop out: They need to make a decent and coherent naming scheme, stop making excuses for them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

That's total chips shipped. The graph I posted was discrete GPUs, aka graphics cards that gamers use. The stuff that matters.

Obviously AMD makes more budget chips for consoles and cheap laptops.

perhaps, though it might be better not to use a graph that's over 7 years old to make your point.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

perhaps, though it might be better not to use a graph that's over 7 years old to make your point.

Better than a completely non-related graph. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

It was one of thousands of graphs on google. They all looked the same (for discrete GPU marketshare) so I didn't bother picking the most recent one. I think I made my point...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ROFL AMD holds more market share than Nvidia.

Nvidia actually LOST market share and AMD gained.

Table%201b.jpg

MW%20chart1b.jpg

http://jonpeddie.com/press-releases/details/jpr-reports-amd-jumps-11-in-gpu-shipments-in-q2-intel-up-4-nvidia-slips/

look at the original graph...its from 2007 !!!!!!!! AMD is quakin in their boots  :D

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

hmm that's not how it works lol. old data is old.

Fine. Here's a more recent one:

discrete.jpg

Spoiler

hmm that's not how it works lol. old data is old.

It is still true. Nvidia as a whole is worth much much more anyway. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6