Computer freeze

Nico1533

Could be either. You gamed for a while after you bought your new motherboard, but you probably then installed your frequent applications/devices and then it started freezing again.

I never heard of cases causing such issues. It's not impossible, but all I can think of is it's causing shorts. I suppose you're gonna test the parts out of the case?

Probably or just buy another case, because tbh I dont see where the error is coming from man.. I had issues with pcs and I never had such a hard time trying to find the problem and I also formated PCs by myself and I never had any issues on that part too

I know I suggested this before, but I'll suggest it again (with more strict rules this time):

1) Unplug unnecessary devices (use only one SSD/HDD).

2) Re-install Windows.

3) Disable Windows Update as soon as you can, and restart in case it started downloading anyway.

4) Don't install drivers/applications for anything but the graphics card.

5) use your system for a few days (personally, I'd test it for about three days).

If it started freezing with just that, then I really don't know what's going on... if not:

6) Create a restore point, install your devices, one at a time, and test the system for a few days, again.

If it didn't freeze at this point, then you can start installing your applications (create a restore point before each installation). Be wary of applications that install drivers though (ex. Daemon Tools). I'd handle them as I asked you to handle your devices.

Edit: does your system freeze with onboard graphics btw?

Thou shall not abuse thy monkey, thou shall not misuse thy monkey.

I know I suggested this before, but I'll suggest it again (with more strict rules this time):

1) Unplug unnecessary devices (use only one SSD/HDD).

2) Re-install Windows.

3) Disable Windows Update as soon as you can, and restart in case it started downloading anyway.

4) Don't install drivers/applications for anything but the graphics card.

5) use your system for a few days (personally, I'd test it for about three days).

If it started freezing with just that, then I really don't know what's going on... if not:

6) Create a restore point, install your devices, one at a time, and test the system for a few days, again.

If it didn't freeze at this point, then you can start installing your applications (create a restore point before each installation). Be wary of applications that install drivers though (ex. Daemon Tools). I'd handle them as I asked you to handle your devices.

Edit: does your system freeze with onboard graphics btw?

No I havent, but I have noticed 1 thing and that is why its lead me toward the case, when my pc was freezing almost what, every hours or so? my leds were pluged it, now that I reinstalled the new board and I forgot to install the leds, the pc doesnt crash as often as its was..

No I havent, but I have noticed 1 thing and that is why its lead me toward the case, when my pc was freezing almost what, every hours or so? my leds were pluged it, now that I reinstalled the new board and I forgot to install the leds, the pc doesnt crash as often as its was..

Is everything wired correctly? The LED headers are polarized (+ -) so make sure to plug their connectors according to the indicators and your motherboard's manual, but as far as I know, if you wired them incorrectly they just won't light up. If you believe the case is the culprit, then remove all the front panel connectors, and make sure you installed just the needed standoffs for the motherboard. To boot your system, just short the two power pins with a screwdriver, just make sure to short just those two pins.

Is everything wired correctly? The LED headers are polarized (+ -) so make sure to plug their connectors according to the indicators and your motherboard's manual, but as far as I know, if you wired them incorrectly they just won't light up. If you believe the case is the culprit, then remove all the front panel connectors, and make sure you installed just the needed standoffs for the motherboard. To boot your system, just short the two power pins with a screwdriver, just make sure to short just those two pins.

I unplugged everything from the front panel usb and if the problem persist I will unmount every component in my pc and place them on my desktop, I will try running the pc without the case

I unplugged everything from the front panel usb and if the problem persist I will unmount every component in my pc and place them on my desktop, I will try running the pc without the case

Alright, good luck.

Btw, is your friend's GPU working well for him (the one you tried)? I find it weird that your PC doesn't freeze with onboard graphics.

Alright, good luck.

Btw, is your friend's GPU working well for him (the one you tried)? I find it weird that your PC doesn't freeze with onboard graphics.

its crashes on both GPUs and iGPU, so far no freezes with everything unpluged

well, no luck, still freezes with nothing plugged in the front usb

well, no luck, still freezes with nothing plugged in the front usb

Did you remove the LEDs, power and reset connectors?

Did you remove the LEDs, power and reset connectors?

no the LEDs were not on and yes I did

So, what are you planning to do now? Did you do as I suggested? If so, what happened?

I have no idea... I might just give the thing to a tech shop.. but I don't like giving my computer to people who I dont know..

Well, you can try my instructions, if you're feeling like formatting once more.

Well, you can try my instructions, if you're feeling like formatting once more.

well if the freezes was software wise I think i would've found the problem by now, I still think its a little dumb issue that its easy to fix but we skipped or I might have missed somewhere

• 1 month later...

I would suggest going back to the 32 bit version ,i bet all this happened after you got the 64 bit windows,the same thing happened to me my computer ran perfect ,until i installed the 64 bit  win7  i had problems connecting to certain games online as well,run time errors always come up,dont bother with win 8 or 8.1 microsoft is no longer supporting windows anymore

yeah  ..unfrkn real...so they passed off the support to the main board companys like AMD CATALYST ..   ATI FUEL..   DELL DIGITAL DELIVERY.... NVIDIA  DAEMON  ...

ASUS ii  CONTROL CENTER......GATEWAY   ESET.....ETC...these companys have theyre own data base on your computer and try to do repairs through the data base which i wish they would have let us know. i thought i had a hijacker  and kept deleting the database at first ..they got pretty upset..

I was so disgusted by how badly it was handled so i turned off my updates ,there are so many people getting errors now after an upgrade, defender is one of the programs that gets shut off through an update it causes problems with some  companys updates..but leaves your system open for remote hijack ,the others are wrong

visual c+++  netframe works etc to try and repair the errors but make it worse.i have a runtime error from the AMD64 bit and an MSx86 file conflict that no one knows how to fix..

as the c+++ programs are not meant to be diagnosed..yet..!!!

to put in plain words .....memmory leaks!!! warning.....memmory leaks.!!!!! error ....... memmory leaks !!!  ...crash..!!!!  the 64 bit willl work fine on some systems depending on the company .and the owner win8 needs alot of attention to work properly.

PS dont bother taking it to a repair shop . been there.... they adjusted the paging file and a few other tweaks .that worked for a day ..and tried to charge me 40$

one thing might help you..is when you installl a program  there are 2 program file  directories one is x86  the other is 64bit   when installing make sure a 32 bit and 64 bit program goes in the right folder ,you can choose where the program is installed through the browse box .good luck

• 1 month later...

Btw, I have a shit tons of error in my msinfo, could the problem be found there?