Downgrading from 4790k

Buckley

Guys I have no use for my i7 or even an i5.I have until tomorrow to return my i7 to get a refund. Should I grab the unlocked Pentium? I really just use my PC for web browsing.

I have no issue down the road re-buying an i5/7.

So Pentium or i3

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

if the Pentium is compatible with your board and you feel like overcocking go with that

So Pentium or i3

Grab the i3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why not just keep your current rig? (If that's what you have in your signature)

I don't think I've updated my Sig, Im on Z97 now if it still says AMD

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Guys I have no use for my i7 or even an i5.I have until tomorrow to return my i7 to get a refund. Should I grab the unlocked Pentium? I really just use my PC for web browsing.

So Pentium or i3

Why are you downgrading? And i3 hands down.

If all you do is web browsing then sure go ahead and get the unlocked pentium and save some money I guess.  You won't even noticed you downgraded lol.

Why are you downgrading? And i3 hands down.

I simply don't need it? It was a waste of $300?

As for pentium K vs i3 argument, the i3 is faster at stock and has two more threads, but the pentium K is unlocked and the i3 isn't.

Pentium all the way. Overclocked performance is more important than stock performance.

So Pentium or i3

DOINT DOWN GRADE Keep what you have its not a waste give it time you can do anything u want right now with that i7. This cpu has the hp once you down grade you will be like i miss my i7 now and end up spending more money.

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922