Triple Monitor Mount

penance
Go to solution Solved by penance,

When all else fails, modify lol. So after thinking about this for a couple of hours I had an epiphany. I removed the joint from the center mounting bracket. This removed 2" from the brackets depth allowing me to tilt my side monitors in further. It's still not full cockpit style but it is much improved. The only down side is I no longer have vertical til on the center bracket, which for me is fine. So if anyone tries this mount this is a good trick.

Hey guys, I'm looking for suggestions on a triple monitor mount. The mount needs to support 3 24" monitors, be a curved design ( so I can tilt the monitors in), and a desk mount option. I do not want a stand mount do to space restrictions on my desk. I purchased one from Tyke Supply ( found here ) but it had a major design flaw. The model from Tyke Supply while curved, when they designed the mount system they made the center bracket 1" deeper than the side mounts. This makes the mount, although curved, so that monitors only align straight across. I have no idea why anyone would design a mount that way, kind of defeats the purpose of it being curved. I would also prefer recommendations from people that have the mounts, just so I don't get another mount in with a similar issue. Thanks!

I'm using something very similar to this http://www.amazon.com/Triple-LCD-Monitor-Stand-Monitors/dp/B0023ED22Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369964629&sr=1-3&keywords=triple+monitor+mount, except a double and a six monitor variant (It's a strange setup consisting of a 6 monitor mount, single, and double) and it works quite well. I believe it would solve your problem, if I understand it correctly.

My Rig:

Cooler Master Storm Trooper -  Asus Sabertooth Z77 -  I5 3570K @ 4.5 Ghz - Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD - A few random HDDs from old laptops - Hyper 212+ - EVGA GTX 680 4GB - 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333 - SeaSonic 750 Watt Gold PSU - Three 24'', one 19'', 15'' and 13'' monitors

Or you can do what I did, I have a double mount and a single mount together, because I wasn't sure if the 24 inch would fit. Some of the models say they do fit up to 24 inches, but I didn't trust it.

My Rig:

Cooler Master Storm Trooper -  Asus Sabertooth Z77 -  I5 3570K @ 4.5 Ghz - Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD - A few random HDDs from old laptops - Hyper 212+ - EVGA GTX 680 4GB - 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333 - SeaSonic 750 Watt Gold PSU - Three 24'', one 19'', 15'' and 13'' monitors

When all else fails, modify lol. So after thinking about this for a couple of hours I had an epiphany. I removed the joint from the center mounting bracket. This removed 2" from the brackets depth allowing me to tilt my side monitors in further. It's still not full cockpit style but it is much improved. The only down side is I no longer have vertical til on the center bracket, which for me is fine. So if anyone tries this mount this is a good trick.

My friend bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Monitor-Standing-Supports-002-0020/dp/B006JG9RQ2

...for his three 24 inch monitors. He seems quite pleased with it, seeing that its so cheap. It comes with a pretty cool cable routing system, and takes up a bit more room on the desk than I thought it would. Ultimately, I wouldn't do the same setup myself, because once I saw some of my favorite games running on that triple display, I really didn't like it. He had 3 24" pretty good dell monitors, that had the proper mounts. The monitors had pretty respectively small bezels too, but it still was just too much of a distraction for me.

In a productivity standpoint, It felt like I could get a lot of work done with this setup. My friend had it at eye level so I was able to use his laptop on the side without much of a problem. Something that probably couldn't have been done, if all those monitors were on his small desk.