Switching SSD's from RIAD 0, Do I need to un-RAID?

AColey

Okay guys first post on the forum. Hope Im doing this right. I got 2 120GB SSD's in RAID 0 on my gaming rig. I want to take one of them out and replace my 5400RPM laptop HDD with the SSD. My question is should I "UN-RAID" the SSD's from my BIOS before I take it out of my gaming rig and put it in my laptop? Let me know. Thank you!  B)

Yes, you have to "un-raid" them and you will have to completely wipe the SSD and reinstall your OS as far as I know. So make sure to back up any important data that's on there.

Okay guys first post on the forum. Hope Im doing this right. I got 2 120GB SSD's in RAID 0 on my gaming rig. I want to take one of them out and replace my 5400RPM laptop HDD with the SSD. My question is should I "UN-RAID" the SSD's from my BIOS before I take it out of my gaming rig and put it in my laptop? Let me know. Thank you!  B) 

Yes, you have to "un-raid" them and you will have to completely wipe the SSD and reinstall your OS as far as I know. So make sure to back up any important data that's on there.

you can buy a sata to usb cable and download a free softwaqre to clone over your data from the laptop hdd to the ssd, just make sure that the data on the hdd can fit on the ssd

Yes, you will have to "un-raid" the two SSDs, but you will lose all the data on the SSDs. Make sure you create an image that you can restore (as long as it is less than the capacity of one SSD) or you will have to reinstall windows.

Thanks guys. Thats what I figured. Im not worried about backing up the drives. I got network storage  B) lol thanks though