1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

Linus and team, I really want to thank you for your great videos. If I were to build my computer without your videos, my reaction, put simply, would be this gif.Headdesk.gif

Just to keep you guys interested, I added a few memes to brighten up your day.

cdd0e5c6e955b14648361be70e7b0a39a0705dc2

i7Ms7vlFuACQT.gif

1218_internet_explorer_has_stopped_worki

kimjongun.jpg

I hope you guys enjoyed the memes and gifs; and thanks again Linus for the great videos.

Congratulations on 1 million! I originally found LinusTechTips about 4 years ago when I was looking into buying my first custom PC. In the past I had always had HP's that were over priced for what they gave out, but with all your videos I watched (has to be at least a thousand of them by now) I managed to get a beast of a gaming PC. I loved that your reviews and benchmarks of components were with overclocking and after market cooling set ups. Most other reviews and benchmarks were just stock and that was boring. Nobody spends $2000 on their dream machine just to let it be stock! It pains me that I am not active on the forums as I won't get the G550J, but I will at least feel good about helping out in the youtube comments whenever people have questions.

What I would love to see you guys do is put those airsoft guns to the test with another durability test. I'm a huge fan of airsoft myself, and would love to see you pop a few shots off at cellphone/ tablet screens to test the durability. I mean, yea you could ruin it, but if its a free one from the manufacture then why not right! Plus you always say, you want your tests to be as real world as they can get. What if someone pulls out their new note 4 while in a paintball or airsoft game and pop, it gets whacked in the screen =)

Good luck guys! Thank you Linus for being such an awesome source of tech related reviews, news or similar :)

I like all your videos. every one has what, what i really like.

:rolleyes:

posting for free stuff

you make good stuff, i've watched since the days where a random curb or park was the studio. dont lose sight of what makes your reviews better and you wont have to stop anytime soon.

i love everything tech but never had anywhere to know about it but then.... my friend recommended on linus tech tips and it blew my mind with all the review and giveaways thank you linus and congratulation!!!

I can't remember the first video i watch, but it was probably something on PC Case Gear's website, They use a lot of the Tech Tips vids to sell their stuff. Linus do you get kick backs..........
I like the videos along the lines of the CPU cooler comparisons, and esp the fact that i can get to the spreadsheet online to see all the results, top work. 

Keep up the great videos and I'll post again in another 1m subs time   ;)

I don't even remember how I found Linus Tech Tips but you're the reason I've gotten interested in computers and I actually know a decent amount about them now. Your videos both educate me and keep me entertained, and to quote Portal 2, I feel "Mentally invigorated".
You guys have done such great work. I would have to say my favorite moment of the 3 channels would be the water balloon episode of Channel Super Fun were Linus made the joke about the pink water balloons stretching the most and the employee laughed in the background.

I started last year as a student in college, I'm from Belgium and I'm not really sure how the school system is in the US. But it's right after high school. I have classes such as programming, networking, datamanagement, webdevelopment, etc. When I had my first exams in january, I failed really bad. I wanted to drop out of college and look for a job. I was wondering what I would buy with my first money and I thought "Maybe I should build my own PC?" So I was searching on YouTube for some videos on how to build a PC. And that's really when it all started to change for me. 

I found a massive amount of videos about PC building, product reviews, how to videos, diy, etc. Not only channels like NCIX or LinusTechTips, but also Tek Syndicate, MKBHD, HardwareCanucks, Austin Evans and a ton more. Somehow I got a boost to keep going, to keep moving forward and to stay in college. A couple of weeks ago, I had re-exams. I got my results yesterday and I'm proud to say that I passed. I'm starting my second year of of college next week. 

So to wrap things up, I'm gratefull for everything that happend in the past year. I want to thank LinusTechTips for keeping me up. And I want to thank the community that kept up LinusTechTips. I'm not really a community guy, but I might give it a shot. After all, you get some, you give some. And I know it's kind of a cheeky move to post this now, but after seeing how gratefull Linus is for everything, I felt I had to do the same. 

I think i found you guys while i was building my first pc and didnt know what to do. Now i watch your videos for tech news^^

I found you, Linus, through the NCIX Web Store where I could obtain hardware tech no one else was stocking locally. I was lucky enough to live at the center of Metro Vancouver and took advantage of the in-store pickup option at my choice of location. Naturally, I followed you to your new enterprise and don't think I've missed any of your videos - I particularly like the "system build" ones. This forum has provided answers to my technical problems and helped in the selection of new hardware.

Congratulations on your one million followers!

You are truly an inspiration to everyone out there in the tech community. You've inspired me to build my own computer and I must say, it is awesome! Ever since my curiosity lead me to finding about how a computer is built, I was in awe to find out anyone can actually build one themselves. That's when I found about your channel! Watching you build computers is plain awesome. I'm tech savvy now thanks to you. You totally deserve every subscriber of yours. Heck, you actually deserve way more. Thank you so much for your great videos! Keep them coming!

I found this channel because I was interested in tech and I stumbled upon this channel. I can't chose a favorite tech channel on YouTube, but this is channel is one of my tops

Congrats on the million subscribers. Lets see if I can win this.

Thank you Linus and friends for all the awesome content, I first watched your channel just under a year ago when I decided to jump ship to the PCMASTERRACE and build my first gaming rig. I came across your channel while looking up build guides and information and immediately subscribed after watching my first video (the great overkill 900D build guide). since I stumbled across that video and subscribed, I have watched every single video you have posted (not sure exactly what date that was) and I am still loving the content that you and your awesome, tightly knitted team provide. keep up the great work you have a huge fan over here all the way from Australia.

Good luck to everyone in this give away there is such awesome prizes!!!

PS I'm not sure if this give away is world wide but the WAN show starts at 10am  every Saturday where I am from and I work on Saturdays so I have to watch the archive. Hopefully if I win you wont draw again because I'm not watching :/

I guess now I can stop whatching the subscriber counter. I found out of the channel when I was dreaming of a 4k build and one of your videos was suggested.

All people here are like "I discovered you through youtube","I love love you marry me" blah blah blah

I'll just be honest, I'm just here for the free stuff

WoooooooooooW , yesterday when I saw this topic it was max 70 pages now it's almost 1000 . . . I watch Linus mostly out of boredom , I find some of his videos interesting , especially the rig build ones and uncut guides or some tech vlogging . I'm impatiently waiting for the room water coolling project :D

> I have approximate knowledge of many things <

I've been a subscriber to all of the channels since roughly the beginning.  I think I joined sometime in 2009.  My first Linus video was one of him unboxing a motherboard in his house or something.  It was an ASUS ROG board way back when they were a relatively new thing.

ANYWAYS

I just found it kind of humorous this morning when I woke up and saw this video.  It made me think back of all the memories I have of watching the videos, livestreams, WAN show, and how you have started me on the path to a career in the tech industry.

I remembered back to when Slick was living off of 3 hours of sleep, while sick, and having his only source of sustenance being stoned wheat thin crackers and peanut butter while benchmarking all night in the janky old Linus' garage setup for the livestreams and benchmarking, and testing.

Now, as a poor college student myself, I sat there, eating stoned wheat thin crackers and peanut butter, chuckling to myself, reminiscing on all of the terrible, terrible jokes on the old live streams, the wall of fame of milestones for the channel, the dreaded box of twinkies, the ghetto hard drive packing foam sound dampening, the freezing temperatures making you guys wear winter coats on stream, all the EA memes, everything.  And most of all, watching Linus go from a little kid unboxing the tuniq tower CPU cooler with a squeaky voice to a man, a father, and a successful self-employed business owner, with a slightly less squeaky voice.  Thank you guys for everything that you do.  You are an amazing team of dedicated, talented people, and hands down the best benchmark of quality for internet tech content out there right now with one of the most amazing tech communities out there sculpted by your hard work and dedication.

Keep up the amazing work guys, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, I'll be watching! :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

Thanks for the awesome videos and that every day when i wake up there is a new one from you guys! :D

AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 - Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4,5GHz - EKL Alpenföhn Himalaya CPU Air Cooler - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz - Asus GTX 970 Strix - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 240GB - Samsung SSD 830 128GB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W - Creative Sound Blaster Z - NZXT Phantom

I found linustechtips on YouTube when I was researching building a 4k gaming rig!!!