1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

Thank you Linus for all the amazing reviews and insight you have given us... as well as going through all the amazing devices out their and learning for us (the hard way)  which is bunk and which is exceptional. I discovered you when I was searching for a new gaming laptop and got hooked on your videos instantly. I had no idea that you had a forum and now feel left out! LOL pl0x. Ill be skimming around and posting on a ton of threads! I really can't wait! I hope I am welcomed by everyone here and hope that I can be of help to people who need it! Byeeee

Congrats on the million!

I started watching your stuff back in 2010 on the NCIX channel after wanting to know the difference between SSD and Hard Drive performance. Been watching ever since then. 

I must admit a custom built PC would go very nicely with the Corsair Mechanical RGB I just got after waiting what seemed like an eternity for Corsair to release it. Your video back in January at CES just seems so long ago. 

As for future reviews, I am not sure. I have been trying to figure out a professional style wireless system for my parents house as nothing I've found off store shelves seems to be able to penetrate their walls/floors (a LOT of granite, marble, and stone). 

Either way, keep up the awesome work! 

Congrats, and thank you so much for your videos, I would have been totally lost on building my PC without them.

I would like to win the custom gaming rig, covered in that sweet, sweet Linus graffiti.

Thank you so much guys for all that you do to help people like myself learn more and more about everything there is to know about computers. I wouldn't know half the things I know today withoit you guys.

I started watching linus's video's in 2009 when I took an interest in computers, watching those early video's got me hooked onto everything to do with computers and paved the way for what career choice I would eventually choose, I'm in 1st year University studying Information Technology. I remember walking home from school everyday waiting to get to my computer to watch the latest video posted, I watched those video's 100's of times and still do. It's safe to say that I have never bought a piece of equipment that linus had not reviewed no matter what my friends had said. I always ramble on to my friends how amazing this guy on youtube is and how I started watching his video's from the time his cats made special appearances in his video's and how far his posts have come since 2009. Linus Tech Tips and NCIX has always had a special place in the hearts of Tech lovers all of the over the world and that's true since I am from South Africa. Linus Tech Tips is loved across the friken globe. Please never stop making these awesome video's.

I found linustechtips thanks to some random tech related searches. I was always interested in tech, and more specifically, I was interested in building my own computer. However, my young age meant the whole prospect seemed overwhelming, especially when I figured out not all components where compatible! *gasp*  But luckily, as I matured, so did my interest, and one day I just decided to sit down and actually LEARN. From there I wound up at NCIX tech tips where I immediately became infatuated with Linus' style and personality. Inevitably, I became an avid watcher of Linustechtips videos, and I am so happy that I did because since subscribing about a year ago I've learned more about computers and tech than I ever could have dreamed.

Early on my favorite videos where PC builds, because that was my core interest. But as tech became a larger part of my life (slowly enveloping me...robbing me of any hope of having a social life, or seeing the sun....jk jk) I came to appreciate the general tech reviews the most. Now I find myself watching all the review videos, even if I have no idea what the product is, because without a doubt every time I watch those videos I LEARN SOMETHING. I absolutely love that about this channel.

There is nothing in particular I would like to see reviewed, I think you guys are doing great so just keep it up.

Favorite food? Well...anything edible really... and a handful of things that aren't.

Also, I feel like it's worth mentioning that the channel has certainly inspired me to perhaps attempt a channel of my own. I don't think I'm ready for it yet, and I would still have to find what particular niche I'd be throwing my personality at (not let's plays, that market is oversaturated) Regardless, it was always something I considered, but now I feel like it is something I simply have to try at some point.

*****Time for the really personal part that won't actually help me win but I feel obligated to share*****

Winning either that PC or the surface would be immensely helpful to me. In fact, I've been scouring the internet (craigslist) looking for deals on an XPS 12 and trying to sell a bunch of my crap in exchange for one, but a surface pro 3 would essentially accomplish the same tasks as an xps (albeit with much less carbon fiber badassery). So winning that would be A-to-the-W-to-the...well...awesome. 

As for the gaming PC, if you've read all this you can probably tell I've always wanted one, but have never had the money nor expertise to achieve that dream. Currently I have a laptop plugged into a benq tn panel monitor (blasphemy!) through vga (double blashphemy!) and a cheap empty computer case that I bought hoping one day I could fill it with delicious computer components. Heck, recently I've even started buying games on steam, games I can't even play, just because I hope one day in the near future I MIGHT be able to. So yea, getting that gaming PC would just be....it would just be the best.

I'm going to stop typing now before my hands fall off...

TL;DR   :  I'm a huge fan (about 140 mm) and I'd be cool (HA) with winning something.

Congrats on a million subscribers, love watching your guys videos, seriously its the first thing I do when i get home :P

Great Job! watching your vids over the years has taught me a bunch...thanks!

I found you via a friend of mine and the kind of style of videos most be your reviews of gaming gear and your small new tech thing videos and i would like if you reviewed the Razer Chroma Blackwidow keyboard by Razer and BTW congrats on the 1 Mil subs for making people making good..... or bad (depending on the situation) decisions :D 

I remember when I found the LinusTechTips YouTube channel because my brother wanted to buy a samsung (i think! :P) gaming laptop a few years ago and he ordered the laptop because of Linus' great advice. That night I went to sleep and I couldn't get the video out of my head (probably because of my brother cramming it into my face 1000 times) so I woke up at 1am and went to the LinusTechTips channel on YouTube and instantly subscribed and watched at least 50 videos that night and was just about dead at school the next day because I was up until early morning! Now all my friends always come up to me for tech advice (even though I've never built a PC) because I know a lot about tech since I started watching LinusTechTips. That is my story on how I found LinusTechTips many years ago and now I watch him daily! Good luck to everyone for these giveaways and I hope I win! Best of luck for the future and congratulations on 1,000,000 subscribers, you deserved it.

Kind regards

- Jtheos

I found you when you made a video regarding a missing pin in a processor that you fixed. I thought it was unbelievably fantastic & since then a subscriber.

I think what set you apart from other review & unboxing videos is that you teach us what we can do with these machines in a fun way & painless as possible (sometimes) or simplifying it for some of us. You also do impossible fixes that technician would ONLY advise consumers in buying a new computer. Recent example was your wet Dell laptop/tablet you left outside for days.Crazy builds is awesome too but I don't see much of these 2.

I'd like to see Networking builds & NAS builds in a consumer budget, if that's possible. I've seen a few but doesn't really offer much. It needs a Linus touch.

So Thanks & Congratulations in your growing success to both your business & family. God Bless to you & your crew!

Congrats Linus,

Exactly how I want to start off this comment. I've been watching you guys for awhile, over the past 6 months, finding you all through TechQuickie, via the Af Fast As Possible series. Helping me learn ALOT about PC's Monitors, refresh rates, and even tips and tricks. I've become an Avid PC fan, and wish I knew more about the topic. I'm currently in the process of saving money for a new CPU/MOBO for my PC, and even trying to learn about Liquid cooling using the H105 from Corsair. I'm excited, and this contest ends around my birthday, so I hope I have ALOT of luck, and It'd be completely awesome to win something made by a smart, and professional person.

Keep up the great work GUYS!

Sincerely, 

TGAlenori (That Guy Alenori)

I have been watching your videos since the ghetto shield. And I am kinda new to PC gaming I don't have anything special. And I have been learning all about PC's ever since I found your channel. And if I see a question in one of your videos i'll try my best to answer them, even tho I am still learning. AND CONGRATS ON PASSING 1 MILLION SUBS 

We need more videos where Slick has Hickies!

This video hits me right in the teary-eye spot. I have been shopping at ncix for close to 10 years, I think. And I have always appreciated products that had unboxings and reviews and overviews right there on the product page. Not "BUY ME BUY ME" types of videos either, just honest, this is the shit you're buying because we don't have a storefront and you want to see it before you buy it. Your videos continue to do just that, provide a no bullshit look into a product without a need to sell it. As long as your videos are not motivated to sell the products that you are presenting I don't see why people would not continue to support you.

Good job guys, keep it up.

Thank you for all those awesome videos. I learned ALOT because of you. Thanks to all the people that brought us all those videos.

I found your channel when i was just starting to try to learn about pc hardware and putting together systems, and your videos have helped me tremendously through the past year. I would really like to see some more build videos and tutorials.

linustechtips you really helped me out a lot throughout my life and you inspired me to become someone i really enjoy being! 

keep up the good work!

pce out!

Congrats on hit 1 million subscribers. I remember finding your channel by searching for specific motherboard on google. One of the first links was to a youtube video of you reviewing that board. After watching that video, which was full of useful real world information, I went and looked at the other videos that you had. After that I become a subscriber and a member of the forums.

Keep the videos rolling.

Congratulations Linus, I have been a lurker for some time now. Your videos have helped me better understand computers and computer building. You have informed me enough to be knowledgeable about the types of hardware and their uses. Thanks to you I was able to build my cousin a new desktop and my friend's components should be arriving at any day now. I greatly appreciate and respect what you do to the pc community.

I watch Linustechtips everyday on youtube even before I go to bed just so I can at least (in my dreams) dream of affording half the things he reviews. I love his company and I love the community ! Except the occasiomal fights that happen xD

I remember, way back when I was just getting into computers, when I would look up a video on youtube to how to do it.  After a while I realized that I kept looking for one individuals videos whenever I needed to know something.  That person was Linus on the ncixcom channel.  Over these years you have brought my great joy and have taught me most of what I know today.  I hope you and your team keep creating videos that look amazing, but most of all I hope you guys keep making content that you enjoy yourselves.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all for giving us the opportunity to do a job that we love - a job that is truly one of the best in the world.

http://youtu.be/VBBCA6zKZx4

As thanks, please accept this small token of appreciation - a pretty awesome giveaway for our awesome Linus Tech Tips community members :D

PRIZES

Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Custom PC Built by Linus, with a case that is "signed and designed" by the Linus Media Group crew

ASUS G550J - One of the laptops used on the HighLANder excursion, signed by Linus Media Group, Tek Syndicate, Austin Evans, and Newegg TV

GIVEAWAY RULES

Post ONCE in this thread to enter. Include whatever you want in the post - how you found Linus Tech Tips, your favourite series or style of video on Linus Tech Tips, what product you would like to see us review in the future, heck, we'll even take a post about your favourite food. Creativity is always welcome :)

This contest will run from 9/10/2014 until 9/19/2014 at 4:30pm PDT. Winners will be drawn live on The WAN Show using a random number generator.

The Surface Pro and the custom system will be given to the first two posts that are selected in the draw, the G550J will go to a random member that we feel embodies the attitude of the linustechtips.com community (who has posted in this thread ^_^).

Winners will be contacted through the forum and will have 3 days to reply to claim the prize before we re-draw!

Good luck, and again, thank you all for supporting us thus far :D