1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

Linus, I was extremely nervous about building my first pc...until I saw your videos. Thank you and the team so much for what you all contributed to the community.

Wow it is amazing how far you guys come, the level of determination and hard work has truly paid off. You guys are amazing and I am always waiting for the next video. I am proud to be a subscriber of all the linus media YouTube channels.

-Thank youpost-136138-0-54902100-1410492978.png 

to be honest my cousin always recommended me to watch LinusTechTips so when i watched one of your videos i couldn't stop to watch other of them :D your videos are just too awesome the most important things that makes the video more interesting is you and your crew i mean the way you guys review them, the way you guys explain what will be good or bad, what is waste or not, what to buy or not, unboxing, doing experiments, not being boring like being funny just love it, bringing exciting things everyday and there are lot more :D and everyday when i come home from school tired your video refresh me within a minute ^_^  and in the future i want to you to get hands on each and every single new product that is coming and never stop making these videos ^_^ really you guys are doing a great work together :D keep up the good work yoo!! haha..... To be extremely honest (i know you will not believe me :P ) i didn't really write these things to satisfy you or to win these great gifts i wrote this because i don't usually comment on youtube or even get a chance to tell you how big fan i'm yours or you can say to share my thoughts :) So... about me ? i'm a 16 year old high schooler resides in NY i had my first summer job this year and literally after waiting like more than 3 years to get my own high end gaming pc finally i made one and with my own money (i know this sounds stupid but as i'm 16 and my first job, first pc soo :P) :'( ^_^ and i think that's it !?!?! BE COOL, BE GENIUS, WORK HARD and this channel will soon get to more than 6 million ^_^ btw could you make a video what's in your tech this year like what pc are you using,what laptop, what phone etc... oww CONGRATULATIONS happy 1 milli and i can't thank you enough for letting us getting this opportunity to win these AWESOME, great etc PRICES stay safe take care have a good one 

THANK YOU

RAFID HOSSAIN

www.youtube.com/SuperRdawg16

Hi everyone, first post here !

I've been following Linus Tech Tips for........ a long time now. Let me tell you a story :

My first gaming experience with a PC wasn't exactly great. It dates back to the time when Lineage 2 (the MMORPG) was all the rage and all my friends were getting into it. I wanted to see what was all the fuss about it and didn't want to be left out so I installed the game. Turns out I had some of what I consider to be the best moments of my gaming life on that game. But I digress ! Despite Lineage 2's modest requirements even for the time, my PC was unable to run it in a satisfactory way. Load screens were endless, framerate was a joke and everything was blurry because of the lowered resolution I had to run the game at. At first I didn't noticed half of these issues because I didn't even know what a PC game was supposed to look like but after a while, when I had to play competitively I noticed that I had quite the unfair advantage. My PC was holding me down. No biggie i thought,  I'll just save money and ask for a new one at my birthday, and I sure did. But I did a great mistake : I went to the closest mall, asked vendors about a good gaming PC and bought whatever it is that fitted my budget and was able to play games according to the vendor.

I went back home and things were definitely better. I understood why my friends kept telling me a discrete graphics card makes a huge difference but I also understood that while my experience improved, the price I paid wasn't fair for the performance I got. I started doing research. Lineage 2 wasn't really the focus for me anymore, I had a glimpse of what a real PC could do and I wanted MORE ! I was now fully educated on what PC specs actually meant, knew what made a PC good at gaming, acknowledged the superiority of hand-built machines over walmart ones but I didn't even know where to start to use that knowledge. That's when I discovered overclock.net which definetely helped but, more importantly, linked to some NCIX videos. By watching unboxings and guides, I understood how easy it is to build a PC. It doesn't require advanced tools or knowledge, just some patience and respect for the components. I still had my walmart-grade PC and couldn't afford to build a full rig so I thought I'd just upgrade the GPU.... and my world changed. The crappy PSU wcouldn't even keep up with it but wow games were beautiful. I couldn't even play on my PS2 anymore, it just wasn't good enough.

That's when I truly fell in love with PC Gaming and PC building in general. I would watch every NCIX video, making sure to be ready when I could afford to build my own PC from scratch. Probably a year later, that time came. I bought everything, a Cooler Master 692 II, a Phenom 945 x4, a Radeon.... something (can't remember !) and built the PC. It was my baby, years of research and savings concentrated into one box.

Fast forward to today. I am still in love with PC culture, keep upgrading my machine (I only replaced my 692 II 2 months ago !)  and I still watch NCIX & Linus Tech Tips videos. I now try to help my friends understand how PCs actually work and how they can improve their gaming experience without selling a kidney. I try to repay the debt I owe you guys by spreading the love haha !

You guys helped me find a hobby that I never dropped after all these years, so THANK YOU. You say you're here because of us and well, that might be true but you're also here because of the quality content you provide Linus & the team ! Keep up the good work !

That's it, sorry for rambling but as a lurker I wanted my first post to be meaningful.

Cheers !

First off, congrats on 1,000,000! I found your channel when I was learning how to build my first PC about 4 months ago, and I've been subscribed ever since. My PC turned out great, and it wouldn't have been possible without your helpful and informative videos. Thanks for the oppurtunity, and good luck to everyone else who entered!

I've been watching you guys' videos for a while now and I can honestly say I have not only learned a lot of new stuff but I also found my interest for the technology business and how its developing. Out of all your content I specially like the WAN show because of how natural and fluid it feels to see you guys talking more about the business side of things and not only the products themselves.

Congratulations on the 1 million subs, I'm proud to be one.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all for giving us the opportunity to do a job that we love - a job that is truly one of the best in the world.

As thanks, please accept this small token of appreciation - a pretty awesome giveaway for our awesome Linus Tech Tips community members :D

PRIZES

Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Custom PC Built by Linus, with a case that is "signed and designed" by the Linus Media Group crew

ASUS G550J - One of the laptops used on the HighLANder excursion, signed by Linus Media Group, Tek Syndicate, Austin Evans, and Newegg TV

GIVEAWAY RULES

Post ONCE in this thread to enter. Include whatever you want in the post - how you found Linus Tech Tips, your favourite series or style of video on Linus Tech Tips, what product you would like to see us review in the future, heck, we'll even take a post about your favourite food. Creativity is always welcome :)

This contest will run from 9/10/2014 until 9/19/2014 at 4:30pm PDT. Winners will be drawn live on The WAN Show using a random number generator.

The Surface Pro and the custom system will be given to the first two posts that are selected in the draw, the G550J will go to a random member that we feel embodies the attitude of the linustechtips.com community (who has posted in this thread ^_^).

Winners will be contacted through the forum and will have 3 days to reply to claim the prize before we re-draw!

Good luck, and again, thank you all for supporting us thus far :D

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all for giving us the opportunity to do a job that we love - a job that is truly one of the best in the world.

As thanks, please accept this small token of appreciation - a pretty awesome giveaway for our awesome Linus Tech Tips community members :D

PRIZES

Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Custom PC Built by Linus, with a case that is "signed and designed" by the Linus Media Group crew

ASUS G550J - One of the laptops used on the HighLANder excursion, signed by Linus Media Group, Tek Syndicate, Austin Evans, and Newegg TV

GIVEAWAY RULES

Post ONCE in this thread to enter. Include whatever you want in the post - how you found Linus Tech Tips, your favourite series or style of video on Linus Tech Tips, what product you would like to see us review in the future, heck, we'll even take a post about your favourite food. Creativity is always welcome :)

This contest will run from 9/10/2014 until 9/19/2014 at 4:30pm PDT. Winners will be drawn live on The WAN Show using a random number generator.

The Surface Pro and the custom system will be given to the first two posts that are selected in the draw, the G550J will go to a random member that we feel embodies the attitude of the linustechtips.com community (who has posted in this thread ^_^).

Winners will be contacted through the forum and will have 3 days to reply to claim the prize before we re-draw!

Good luck, and again, thank you all for supporting us thus far :D

My favorite part of the channel.... must be.... the adjectives. Linus let's us truly understand the epicality of a products looks and create an image (even if we can see it on the camera lol). You go Linus, I used to be a PC noob, no idea what i was talking about, but now, my friends are astonished as well as have no idea what im talking about, ACHIEVEMENT GET!!!

How i found Linus was that i was watching tek syndicate videos and saw Logan jokingly trashing Linus, so for a short while i sternly avoided Linustech until i decided to watch a few videos, really liked them and have watched almost every video since then

I found Linus Tech tips when i had gotten my first computer and i wanted to over clock the tiny graphics card with burning my sysem to the ground. I really like the full channel based on computer hardware and its very intriguing. This is basically my dream job right here!

I found Linus quite a while ago, in my first wave of excitement over tech .. ever. 

I have since been an on-and-off viewer of Tech channels but Linus always seems to be able to bring me back. It is so much more than just the content that makes LTT and amazing resource - it is entertaining, informative and honest. The personalities are all relatable and lovable and each day the new video is sure to be a highlight. 

What would I love to see done? More professional/business based reviews. I have grown more and less interested in gaming over time, but nonetheless I am ALWAYS in need of improving my workflow. The scanner review a short while back is a type of content very worthwhile for myself and I'm sure other, non-gaming-oriented users of the community. 

Thanks for everything Linus and friends, you deserve every piece of success that you have found! 

Wow... it would be so amazing if I could win this pc! Chances are slim, but why not give it a try? I really need something better than my $400 Laptop.

:wub:  I really like your Cat....... could you send him to meee.... :wub: 

food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food :) Me Love Food.

I found Linus Techtips after seeing some videos on NCIX that you hosted. After coming across your independent channel, I can definitely say that your channel has been a huge help when trying to confirm or learn about new tech that comes out (or on existing specifications and benchmark. GJ Luke).  I've been a viewer for a while (about 2 1/2 years), and I can definitely say you do make fantastic videos that are unprecedented on Youtube. Keep the great stuff and stay awesome. 

Hey I am new to the forum. (First post) I have been watching your Linus Tech Tips videos and wanshow for a little over a year. I just want to thank you and the rest of the Linus Media Group team for creating very high quality, entertaining, and informing videos. Get ready for the 2 million subscriber mark...

I love all of your professionally made videos. Every single one of them is fun to watch, and its nice how you put your personality into all of your videos. The skits you do are funny and a joy to watch.

I was recommended by my brother to check out your videos and I though, "Why not?" And after a few of your videos (and my learning quite a bit from you), I realised that I liked your videos. Congratulations to you and every one that helped make this a thing. I'm happy for you. :)

not so long ago in a galaxy not so far away i started watching linus unboxings and build guides, its was more of a " wish i could have a new pc" thing, but then, i won 2 240gb ssd's from an ncix subscribe&win event and it inspired me to build my own pc so i can get rid of the old crappy laptop i have. now this wasnt too long ago and im still missing some parts to finalize my build ( being a college student, money is an issue at the moment), but i am sure that i will finish this build soon and i thank you guys, linus, the crew and the linustechtips community for helping me along the way. 

I have learned so much from you guys since i got into building computers and such.

I remember my freshman year of high school I was looking for a laptop to beg for that Christmas. It's hard to believe it's been a whole four years since I started watching so much of the content you, NCIX and, now, your team put so much effort into. It's been a long time. I remember wondering what Crazy Russian looked like. I remember the Duke Nukem dress up you did. I actually watch LinusCatTips. You seriously are my favorite subscription -- it's my favorite way to unwind after class. I'd really like to thank you for what you do. I'm in school for Comp Engineering and I truly don't think I'd have as much of an interest in computers if it weren't for the videos you've been making. Thanks again to all of you and I wish you a long a fruitful future.  :) 

I've only just recently decided to subscribe but whenever I needed a video review or just wanted to look at the latest tech I wanted to watch Linus do it even in his NCIX vids thanks Linus keep doing what you're doing (:

I remember watching your watercooling video series over and over again taking in as much knowledge as I could. Thanks for helping me through all the hard times. Thanks to everyone at the Linus tech tip team for making all of this possible.

Congratulations LinusMediaGroup! :)

Even though I only started following you guys earlier this summer as my interest in tech gear and computer building developed, you guys have always provided great, insightful content and I've basically kept up with every single video you uploaded since I've been subscribed to your channel.

I haven't used the forum very much (if much at all- guess that disqualifies me from the G550J hahah), but the time that I needed some guidance for my build was met with very warm welcome and support :) Thank you guys for providing a space for that. Even though I have yet to build it as I'm still saving some money for it, I appreciate all the help nonetheless.

I don't even completely know how I came across you guys, but I am glad that I did and I am sure that I will continue to do so. I didn't really know about the humble beginnings that you all faced, but it was pretty touching to hear it. I'm really happy for you guys and as a fellow Canadian, I wish you all the best in the future as well.

Even though I can't promise, I will try to be a better member to the community and support you guys as best as I can. Again, thank you guys for everything, and I hope for greater things in the future for you  :)