1 Million Subscribers - Thank you all! And a giveaway!

I remember why I watched my first linustechtips video. after months of saving up enough money to get my first gaming video I was spending so much time trying to figure out what computer to buy. Thanks to linus I got the best computer i could afford and the good monitor. I continue to watch linustechtips because seeing the new tech has always kept me interested. its been a few years and im in college now. even though I can't afford almost anything on his show i still love watching it and dreaming of the day I get a job and buy my dream PC :) Because of linustechtips I decided to major in computer technology and i cant wait to graduate!

I Thank you linus

I first found Linus when I was building my first gaming rig back in 2012.

If it wasn't for the build guides and hardware reviews, I genuinely wouldn't have gone ahead and spent my money on components and built it myself. I'd probably have had some basic pre build from a PC store.

Then again when I added a soundcard to my computer last year, it was ultimately based off of your recomendations.

You've managed to build a level of trust no other channel has, if you say somethings good, I KNOW it's good. You definitely have my vote for best YouTube channel and community, I hope you carry on growing through the future. All the best.

So I'd like to say, thank you Linus and team and congratulations on 1 million subscribers, you definitely deserve it!

My favorite food is Pizza.

&google_comment_id=z13gsjo45uiyz5nch22zzfz5jl21i1gsy (stick this to the original link to see my original YouTube comment)

A song to set the context and something to listen to while reading. (the subject also relates perfectly to the 1 million subs milestone.)

That, and i'll elaborate much more, just cuz' in the mood of it.

If i get the prize that would be perfectly awesome, but what surpasses it infinitely is having Linus and the rest of the crew making us content we've been striving in the YouTube dog pound to find, a violent one while looking good, bruteforcing and bulldozing everything in the way. That was Linus for me, shook up all the competition to elevate them in the high ranks of the blessed heaven where all the YT technology rejoice the sacred status where the never-seen-before talent have propulsed them.

Yeah, being overly metaphoric isn't gonna help a great deal right... i'll be more realistic by saying Linus simply did something YTers at the day weren't even keen on doing, Steve Jobs said "How consumers will know what they want if i don't tell them." or something along those lines, but the point is Linus got the right formula, leveraged to its absolute maximum. Spotaneous videos, quite fun, and doing all kinds of crazy stuff while informing, clearing wide-spread misconceptions. Everyone just happen to know more and are less swimming in the pool of the ignorance i was once drowning in, being a jackass to everyone claiming stuff that weren't true, fortunatly the channel helped me get a true mentality of hating misinformation and doing the best for constructive criticism. I know i'm not that bright looking to Linus given my recent direct critics to his work, but they aren't Ad Hominem, these mainly are here to make the content i always appreciated even better, cuz that's what i think, Linus is one of the best, if not the best in my eyes at what he's doing. The right balance in covering technologies have never existed in another place, either too much builds, too much smartphones, too much tablets...etc Linus didn't fell in the trap, he does everything and puts his best in it, and that, regardeless of his own regard regarding himself (Done on purpose) he does subliminally well, this project is only going high up in the sky, i'm sure of it.

I think, my former writing on YT is very explicit, but i'll elaborate more : Even if it has to be lightened or "professionalized" in a sense. I hope the traditional unboxings will make a huge return. I wasn't even aware of the critical change until you did one recently and i just forget how much entertaining that was. I hope pursuing some form of psychosociology, right now i'm all in economy... now you're asking yourself why in the fuck would you care what i'm studying ? It simply carries who i am to my preferences in terms of content, i'm hugely obssessed with "Human Reality" issues, and there's something natural, human and really captivating about your old-school unboxings. I remember the first time looking at the boxes that my PC parts came in (by the way, i no longer have that shit ass Pentium, i'm finally rocking a nice ass gaming rig, i owe every bit of information to you, thank you from the bottom of my soul, never mind the heart.), and the first time i opened up my Xperia E (which i'm replacing quite soon) and getting that excitment. It also serves the purpose of knowing what's inside the box of course, but why would you think people are interested in looking at you unrapping and opening boxes for something they aren't buying anyway if it wasn't for the experience ?, please ponder up upon that, and DM me if needed. That one take charm will need to make its comeback in the channel somehow, if not for me, then do it for the sake of the old days, and for your subscribers who came originally for this and aren't finding their pleasure anymore in the more concise less natural (but definitely straight-to-point) content. Also pointing out the fact that before you switched to doing more smartphones, i pretty much watched all your videos from start to finish (yeah, kinda creepy, but i was on a fanboy streak), my legitimacy and credibiliy shouldn't rationnally be questionnable.

Props also to the Linus Media Group team and my favorite lad Slick, not singling out Linus here, but if it wasn't him, none of this would happen, just recognizing the achievement there.

May it rain bliss and success upon you.

A regular viewer

PS : And yeah, hoping to win something, though, not as valuable as your dedication.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

Hey guys, just wanted to say congrats on 1M subs I guess. I've been watching since LTT was NCIXcom, with no plans to stop, in fact with the techquickie channel you have made it easier for me to encourage more people to watch. Keep it up, just don't burn yourselves out.

Corsair Obsidan 750D - ASUS Crosshair V Formula - AMD FX-8350 (stock) - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x  Ghz OC 4GB - Samsung 840 EVO 256GB (OS) - many other drives (11TB total) - 23" hp LV2311 (main) + 2x 23" ASUS PA233QR (peripheral) monitors - CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate (cherry browns) - Razer Naga 2014

Linus, you are one of my most trusted tech reviewers. You deserve to have 10 times your subscribers now. :-)

I discovered this channel when i was going to build my first pc, with no prior knowledge of anything pc related i used the channel as a resource for pc knowledge. and now 4 years later i'm 15 and the number 1 computer resource for my family/and friends. This channel sparked my interest and kept me up to date with new releases of any tech related hardware you could imagine. So i thank you linus and crew for revealing what now has become my number 1 hobby. Congratulations on the 1 million subs last true quality content creators on youtube

I found you guys when i was interested in building a PC for the first time.  I've subbed to many tech pages but in the end LMG pages are the only one I stay subscribed to.

Top Hat=Classy Monocle=Villain  Top Hat+Monocle=Mr Peanut 

I think I found this channel through a search on overclocking :D Thanks guys for the great videos.

I was drawn to this channel when I was first getting into building my first PC and absolutely fell in love with the stunningly high quality of Linus's explanations and video. It made me feel like i wasnt contructing a complex system of electronics, but legos or the like. I have learned so much about technology and have been steered towards what i could actually see myself doing for the rest of my life. 

Thank you Linus and Co., for everything.

PS: I've been dying to see an acrylic water cooling guide by you guys because there just arent too many of them out there. I'd love to see what you could come up with!!!

I found linus tech tips about a year ago when I was building my first gaming rig, it really helped with my choices as of what to get in order to get the most bang for my buck. Congrats on 1 mil! More channel super fun? :P

Thank you Linus for all the content create on youtube, if I had a doubt for some product in the past (for example some laptop) your channel was always plenty of videos for that argument. This is very useful!!! Ones again, thank you! And keep it up :) (sorry for my bad English...)

Awesome work !!!

Found you guys when cruising the youtube for info about some MB. Loved your unboxing and reviews. You tech quikies are super helpfull as well!!!

I found you guys about 4 months ago when I was starting to research what I wanted to do for a new PC. All of that snowballed into watching tons of your videos and enjoying all of them! Thank you guys for providing all the information that I have wanted to know (so far) into short,sweet, and to the point videos!   :D

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all for giving us the opportunity to do a job that we love - a job that is truly one of the best in the world.

As thanks, please accept this small token of appreciation - a pretty awesome giveaway for our awesome Linus Tech Tips community members :D

PRIZES

Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Custom PC Built by Linus, with a case that is "signed and designed" by the Linus Media Group crew

ASUS G550J - One of the laptops used on the HighLANder excursion, signed by Linus Media Group, Tek Syndicate, Austin Evans, and Newegg TV

GIVEAWAY RULES

Post ONCE in this thread to enter. Include whatever you want in the post - how you found Linus Tech Tips, your favourite series or style of video on Linus Tech Tips, what product you would like to see us review in the future, heck, we'll even take a post about your favourite food. Creativity is always welcome :)

This contest will run from 9/10/2014 until 9/19/2014 at 4:30pm PDT. Winners will be drawn live on The WAN Show using a random number generator.

The Surface Pro and the custom system will be given to the first two posts that are selected in the draw, the G550J will go to a random member that we feel embodies the attitude of the linustechtips.com community (who has posted in this thread ^_^).

Winners will be contacted through the forum and will have 3 days to reply to claim the prize before we re-draw!

Good luck, and again, thank you all for supporting us thus far :D

No thank you Linus for inspiring me and many more alike. You truely make the greatest VIDEOS on this planets. Thank You.

Congrats LTT !! 

I found your youtube channel because I was looking for reviews of the ASUS G750 series. I also then decided to look at the other videos you have and learn a little bit more about computers. It has helped me greatly in understanding how a PC works and definitely influenced me in what I should purchase.

Thanks once again for all your hard work!

I've been following you for about two and a half year by now and I must say that you're the best out there even though you've gotten a lot more famous than you were when I started watching your videos you still produce high quality material and for that I've been watching every video, every single day except from when the schoolwork has been weighting me down but I have still followed up from where I left off. I don't think that I got anything more to say as you're going to randomly pick a comment but if you even read this know that I love both you Linus and your entire crew of people especially Luke as he is the sexiest beast out there. It's a hell of a lot sad that I'll probably never get to see any of you but you're the best. <3

342sw003300.gif

I have no idea what video it was because it was so longa go, but I'm sure it was some product review. I got to say, i love techquickie, everything I like about learning, tech, and fast.

Check out my tech and gaming Youtube channel: Zillatech Gaming