Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tony Tony Chopper

Post your home theater

Mine is DIY. 4 high excursion 15" subs with 3" Voce coils in 7.5 cubic ft cabinets with 1.5" walls tuned to 17hz with slot loaded ports run by a heavily modified Adcom GFA555 MKII with dual 1kva transformers and 12 20 amp output transistors. The DC rails run at 100vdc and is more that double the weight (now 1200wpc @4 0hms see pic of Stock 555 vs. Mine) Adcom 75wpc Mutichannel for Center and Surrounds, modified Hafler 120wpc for the fronts. All but height speakers have Dual Peerless HDS 6.5" midwoofers and a Vifa 1" Dual Concentric Dome. All speakers but the heights are phase and time aligned and are very efficiant. Preamp is a Marantz AV8801 and a Panasonic 3D projector on a 106" screen. You can really feel the current flowing from the amplifiers when listening to music and movies. No need for rumble seats at all and very nice imaging too!

wow man a dream !

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Not the home theater but just my stereo setup. I will post the theater at a later date. Excuse the wacky colors I just took some quick photos.

attachicon.gifDSC05759.jpgattachicon.gifDSC07466.jpg

Main speakers: Altec Model 19's

Amplification: Psvane 845 Monoblocks 

Pre-Amplifcation: Shuguang S200MK 

DAC: Cheap Audio Engine D1 

Cables: Signal Cable

Power: Grant Fidelity RPF-120 power Conditioner.  

Other things:

Yamaha DSP-1000A

Tekton Mini Lore's

Tannoy DC-2000's

PSB-Alpha B1

wow this is awesome

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

That's one badass setup man! =) 

Would you giva a clue as to how much money you spent on the audio setup itself?

And thx for giving my gf a "worst case scenario" =P We sometimes disagree on the importance of pc, home theater and other space consuming hobbies.

Got her to come look at your setup saying, "now you see it could be a lot worse right" =) 

And sweeet that you had those signs made, they look awesome!

wow man awesome

I'm not a home theater addict or anything - Im rather more of a headphone addict.. But I have some stuff set up  I guess.

I do got like audio wiring allllll through the ceilings in my house for ceiling speakers. Only a few rooms utilize this though.

Terrible Camera Quality Warning Incoming

My TV.

Its a Samsung 32", Im planning to sell that and get a nice 42" LG one or something.

I hooked up some old Insigina speakers that work actually really well to my sat. box :P

Has some RGB LED lighting.

95e497c7cd.jpg

Some shots of it in the dark and leds on.

0aadedfaaf.jpg72062e3c2d.jpg

72062e3c2d.jpg

Living Room TV. The surround system came with the house.

5c62c304f5.JPG

Some Samsung 49" TV.

Its raining bad outside so ofc im getting a 771-Signal loss error :P

5b908d65fc.JPG

Stack of equipment.

From top to bottom :

Some Panasonic BluRay Drive.

Main Panasonic Surround Sound Receiver.

Onkyo Receiver - Used for the outside speakers mainly. Theres 2 great ones outside though I cant take pics of them now cause its raining real bad and its night :P

Sony Thingy - We honestly have no Idea whats this for. Everything thing works fine without it. It seems like it plays radio but the others can do that..

8667a76a37.JPG

Panasonic Subwoofer.

fe62fed065.JPG

Front 3 speakers. On Ceiling, some Sony speakers.

43e1c6db3a.JPG

Rear 2,

My PC's unused surround system.

3de22b905c.JPG

Yamaha Subwoofer.

8e4395a9af.JPG

..yamaha receiver. RX-V373

All the other speakers:

0adf5759e8.JPG

fb12bf69af.JPG

And yes that in the background is a painting of someone killing dogs. I'm Cruel.

9414b31413.JPG

f7f7f93841.JPG

Poor little speaker just hiding behind monitors and cables.

d76d92831b.JPG

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

My bedroom HTPC/Media Server

12b7e119_LLhjkhjkhjkhjkhjkhjk.jpeg

Old rig:

Did a recent upgrade from the old AM2+ socket mobo, DDR2 ram, Phenom x4 940 (disabled two cores and turned the multiplier and vcore down), cooler master cpu cooler and the modded Fractal Core 1000 case. (cpu cut out tray and modded HDD bay)

f44a1d43_gtr.jpeg

5093b2a4_gfhfghfghfghfhfgh.jpeg

f58b192d_g.jpeg

Recently got a new SilverStone PS07B from wifey as a birthday present. I switched over my folding rig components to the new case and now I'm running; AMD Athlon x4, DDR3 ram, Noctua NH-U9B SE2, three NF-P12's, Intel 80GB SSD (boot drive) , 3 WD drives, an old Asus GPU with 512MB that I bought 6 or 7 years ago (still running strong) and the PSU is a Corsair 430cx.

800x534px-LL-0ea204fd_16827680581_ba8139

800x534px-LL-3ad695dd_16802886276_5342a8

800x534px-LL-7efc0b30_16208815843_a6df6d

The three Noctua case fans are running at 600rpm and the cpu cooler is running between 500-600rpm's. Very quiet rig. I run XBMC Kodi.

16asmtj.jpg

It's not so much a "theater" as a music room with a big ass screen. Though it does work quite well in both scenarios. :)

like the sound dampening nice touch  

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I recently bought a pair of B&W 685 s1 and a matching HTM62.

Here's a quick snap of the setup. Is there any interest in a more in depth set of photos?  :)

eyAxWOq.jpg

Main Rig: Specs found in my profile details. Albums of changes made to it, First SSD and Installation of NH-D14.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotHDucky Shine 3 Tuhaojin - Ducky Mini - SteelSeries 6gv2

16756193217_df1687b231_z.jpg

I had to use a panorama program since i cant take a photo of it in one go :)

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

I recently bought a pair of B&W 685 s1 and a matching HTM62.

Here's a quick snap of the setup. Is there any interest in a more in depth set of photos?  :)

eyAxWOq.jpg

Is that an IKEA cupboard? I'm looking to get something new, and I need both drawers and shelves and modularity.

Is that an IKEA cupboard? I'm looking to get something new, and I need both drawers and shelves and modularity.

Nope, it's something called an UNNU. It's a Danish HIFI furniture.

Main Rig: Specs found in my profile details. Albums of changes made to it, First SSD and Installation of NH-D14.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotHDucky Shine 3 Tuhaojin - Ducky Mini - SteelSeries 6gv2

Nope, it's something called an UNNU. It's a Danish HIFI furniture.

I thought I recognized it, Unnu is also on my shortlist. I do think they make great furniture, but I'm not sure that the prices are justified. I wonder if they have any retailers in CPH. Edit: they have plenty of retailers it seems.

I thought I recognized it, Unnu is also on my shortlist. I do think they make great furniture, but I'm not sure that the prices are justified. I wonder if they have any retailers in CPH. Edit: they have plenty of retailers it seems.

I didn't saw that you're from Denmark as well. Basically every Hifi-klubben carries them. I couldn't justify the price as well so I found one on DBA. Just keep an eye out for them on DBA, it's only a matter of time before on will appear  :)

I didn't saw that you're from Denmark as well. Basically every Hifi-klubben carries them. I couldn't justify the price as well so I found one on DBA. Just keep an eye out for them on DBA, it's only a matter of time before on will appear  :)

Good tip, I'll keep an eye out on there.

I moved in to my own apartment one year ago - This is my Home Theater :)

- I'm pretty happy with it considering i'm a student on a tight budget

HTPC.jpg

• Phillips Fidelio E5 - 4.1 Surround Speakers

• Xbox One

• Xbox 360

• Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - With OpenElec

• Samsung 42" TV

• Zyxel NSA325v2 - 4 TB WD RED

16asmtj.jpg

It's not so much a "theater" as a music room with a big ass screen. Though it does work quite well in both scenarios. :)

Where did you get these sound dampening foam panels? I can't find them in this style and it's a very nice touch to this room. Almost like art!

I guess this counts. My main setup is for movies and most of my music, but my netbook is for radio and music when I'm cleaning my room or modifying my setup.

18430457372_dabb7753bd_k.jpg20150603_181947 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

18436394491_2f3c33b8aa_k.jpg20150603_182004 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

18436393241_82cfb7d30b_k.jpg20150603_182024 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

17812022974_437c6a2b8e_k.jpg20150603_182029 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

17812023174_6a5533aa40_k.jpg20150603_182040 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

17812023224_9583c41aa9_k.jpg20150603_182050 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

Where did you get these sound dampening foam panels? I can't find them in this style and it's a very nice touch to this room. Almost like art!

Thanks man! I got the panels from www.sweetwater.com. They're Auralex Designer Treatment 114. I had to order a few cartons to fill out the room - one carton will cover 24 square feet.  

Personally, I'm also a fan of the Pyramid studio foam, and had I done the setup again today, that's what I would've used for the back wall behind the couch to add a bit of variety. 

I'm digging the Outlaw gear!

Yeah.. It was that or Emotiva. I went with the Outlaw because of the slew rate and the power supply is more robust. Plus the Outlaw is made by ATI. The guys at Outlaw also are very helpful. I blew 4 of my tweeters getting to know it :rolleyes:

I lived in Oregon for 15 years. I really miss it. ;)

I added to my HTPC. A second EVGA GTX 680 Classified, exchanged two Corsair 120gb SSDs in raid 0 for two EVO 250gb SSDs in raid 0, and cleaned up my build :Dattachicon.gifSLIHTPC.jpgattachicon.gifSSDHTPC.jpgattachicon.gifHTPCComplete.jpgattachicon.gifRack.jpg

You must post what your audio equipment is. Immediately! :) I'm going to switch my amp pretty soon and I really like that clean look you've got going there. :wub: