Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr Prince

Post your home theater

Here's mine. These pics were taken about a year ago. it's 7.1 with 'DSX wide' implementation, meaning no 'rear' speakers, I use front wide instead. The angle of the pics don't show it too well but the speakers are spaced properly and it does deliver a fully immerse surround experience. I'm wired for full 11 channel surround, but still saving up for my new receiver, hopefully this Christmas.

EDIT: I got the 11 channel receiver I was waiting for (Denon AVR-4311CI) and a final pair of matching speakers to complete my set. Needless to say I am fully enjoying it.

front_zps38d5d2ae.jpg

I'm well aware I'm seated higher than ideal listening position, this is because I wanted better line of sight to the TV. I am working on risers for speakers to add more height and give them a little tilt.
wide_zpsbb12afc9.jpg

Just to the right a little ways is my other side surround speaker mounted to the wall that unfortunately didn't make it into the picture as I was trying to show the actual room layout due to awkward shaped room.
rear_zps219bdc12.jpg

This is my old HTPC case (on top), I replaced it with a Silverstone GD08 so it's all black and matching but I haven't taken any recent pics.
gear_zpsd88be70e.jpg

I did the custom wiring myself with the help of my dad and brother.
wallplate_zps41a6c04e.jpg

DSX height speakers are not active at the moment, still waiting for new receiver so I can run full 11 channel. For now they are display ornaments.
height_zps228889ad.jpg

I had signs made to showcase some of my theatres features.
signs_zps3c9ccc5a.jpg

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG || [CPU] i7 3770 @ 4.1 GHz - 1.14V || [Cooler] Zalman CNPS9900MAX || [Mobo] MSI Z77A-GD65 || [RAM] 16GB Hyper-X 1600 MHz

[GPU] Geforce GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB || [Sound] Asus Xonar DGX || [SSD] 3x 128GB Crucial M4 (Raid 0) || [HDD] 3TB Seagate 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] Dell U2715H @ 2560x1440 || [Mouse] Razer DeathAdder || [Keyboard] IBM Model M (modded) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Thermaltake Riing Plus RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

There is just no way in hell a woman would let that much gear go into a room. "Honey, its me or half the speakers!"...."I'll help you pack..." :D

....and theres another singleton, Knight_40K :D 

Livin' the dream guys...Livin' the dream!! :D

There is just no way in hell a woman would let that much gear go into a room. "Honey, its me or half the speakers!"...."I'll help you pack..." :D

....and theres another singleton, Knight_40K :D

Livin' the dream guys...Livin' the dream!! :D

Nah, Linus has tons on gadget, hardwares and tools laying everywhere in his house, But never see his wife in the scene, weird.

Yeah, but thats how he earns his income. "Linus! I'm sick of you leaving GPU's on the dinner table!"......"Honey, its the GPU's on the table that also put the food on the table!!"

Unless you guys are kit reviewers for Home Theater Choice magazine and your 'Viewing Rooms' are effectively your Home Office, then I don't think its a fair comparison :D

I'd love if I could get away with it though ;D If there are ladies currently in your lives, then they are Saints and definitely Keepers. :D

Yeah, but thats how he earns his income. "Linus! I'm sick of you leaving GPU's on the dinner table!"......"Honey, its the GPU's on the table that also put the food on the table!!"

Unless you guys are kit reviewers for Home Theater Choice magazine and your 'Viewing Rooms' are effectively your Home Office, then I don't think its a fair comparison :D

I'd love if I could get away with it though ;D If there are ladies currently in your lives, then they are Saints and definitely Keepers. :D

Mine a keeper that's for sure. :D

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

My gf puts up with it and my LAN room, poor her hahah.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG || [CPU] i7 3770 @ 4.1 GHz - 1.14V || [Cooler] Zalman CNPS9900MAX || [Mobo] MSI Z77A-GD65 || [RAM] 16GB Hyper-X 1600 MHz

[GPU] Geforce GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB || [Sound] Asus Xonar DGX || [SSD] 3x 128GB Crucial M4 (Raid 0) || [HDD] 3TB Seagate 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] Dell U2715H @ 2560x1440 || [Mouse] Razer DeathAdder || [Keyboard] IBM Model M (modded) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Thermaltake Riing Plus RGB

My HTPCs are super ghetto and ugly so no pics

it is for my parents and grandparents,rarely do i use it(except the printer)

specs:

i3 2120 HT Disabled

Biostar H61MGV(Worst POS I have)

2GB DDR3

840 EVO 120GB

Using old HP compaq case(i never spend a single cent on cases)(It is freakin heavy)

1280x1024 dell screen

Logitech speakers,1 subwoofer,the 2 real speakers mounted to wall both to the left of the screen

acer mouse and keyboard

Canon MX 457 Printer

My HTPCs are super ghetto and ugly so no pics

it is for my parents and grandparents,rarely do i use it(except the printer)

specs:

i3 2120 HT Disabled

Biostar H61MGV(Worst POS I have)

2GB DDR3

840 EVO 120GB

Using old HP compaq case(i never spend a single cent on cases)(It is freakin heavy)

1280x1024 dell screen

Logitech speakers,1 subwoofer,the 2 real speakers mounted to wall both to the left of the screen

acer mouse and keyboard

Canon MX 457 Printer

Ghetto is trendy, never be afraid of ghetto. I pity those who haven't experienced the ghetto.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Seen a lot of cool setups here so far. Here's my setup! Using two LG 27" IPS at each side with a 42" Panasonic plasma TV in the middle. Got a 5.1 surround setup with a NAD t747 reciever which you can see in the photo. :)

2nsrg2t.jpgCPU - i5-3570k ~4.2 GHz

Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE

RAM - Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 16GB

GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 780

Case - Cooler Master HAF X

Storage - Intel® SSD 520 Series 180GB 2.5"

Display(s) - LG 27" LED 27EA73LM (x2) + Panasonic 42" 3D Plasma TV TX-P42ST50Y

Cooling - NZXT Kraken X40

Keyboard - Logitech G710+

Mouse - Razer Imperator 4G 2012 Expert

Microphone - Blue Snowball

I get sad when i compare my setup to the other ones here... 

TV: Samsung LE32A336J1CXXE "HD Ready"

Receiver: Denon AVR-1311

Speakers: Andersson HIS 1.1

HTPC: Old HP Pavilion DV9000 that had a smashed LCD (removed)

Spec of the HTPC:

CPU: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-68

RAM: 4GB Corsair 800MHz DDR2

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT

SSD: Corsair Force F120GB

HDD: WD Mobile Blue 1TB 5400RPM

Pictures:

http://bildr.no/view/bVMwYnVJ

http://bildr.no/view/QzFFU0FK

http://bildr.no/view/OC9pak81

Seen a lot of cool setups here so far. Here's my setup! Using two LG 27" IPS at each side with a 42" Panasonic plasma TV in the middle. Got a 5.1 surround setup with a NAD t747 reciever which you can see in the photo. :)

CPU - i5-3570k ~4.2 GHz

Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE

RAM - Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 16GB

GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 780

Case - Cooler Master HAF X

Storage - Intel® SSD 520 Series 180GB 2.5"

Display(s) - LG 27" LED 27EA73LM (x2) + Panasonic 42" 3D Plasma TV TX-P42ST50Y

Cooling - NZXT Kraken X40

Keyboard - Logitech G710+

Mouse - Razer Imperator 4G 2012 Expert

Microphone - Blue Snowball

Can you provide link to your wallpapers? Thank you :)

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

Can you provide link to your wallpapers? Thank you :)

Of course! I think I've spent several hours overall just finding high quality backgrounds. :)

I've uploaded my background archive here with 49 different backgrounds if you want to download it. I've made sure it's clear of viruses and all that nonsense. :)

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Onkyo TX-NR809
Xbox One Day One Ed (pre-ordered and paid for)
Infinity Beta C360 Center Speaker
Infinity Beta 50 Front Speakers (Bi-Amped)
Infinity Beta 20 Rear Speakers
Hsu VTF-15H Subwoofer
Sony S590 Blu Ray Player
Google Chromecast
MSI GT70 2OC-017US as my Media PC/DLNA Server
Logitech Harmony One (the best all in one remote!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9v0IKXmWlwHV2w0YThkOHVMeFE/edit?usp=sharing

The only thing that you should think about updating is the projector.

yeh, I can't decide between a new projector or a 60" panel.  If I go the panel I will miss the 100" screen.  and If I go the projector I have to convince the missus to keep the room 100% light controlled :( .

I am toying with building a new sub as well,  I have 3x 12" subs and currently I am only using one in a tuned enclosure so I was thinking of building a 4th order bandpass box with two drivers and turning it into an ottoman.  Not sure how I want to jump on that yet.

yeh, I can't decide between a new projector or a 60" panel. If I go the panel I will miss the 100" screen. and If I go the projector I have to convince the missus to keep the room 100% light controlled :( .

I am toying with building a new sub as well, I have 3x 12" subs and currently I am only using one in a tuned enclosure so I was thinking of building a 4th order bandpass box with two drivers and turning it into an ottoman. Not sure how I want to jump on that yet.

Upgrade the projector and if possible have a tv for non ideal conditions.

Here's what I have going on, please excuse the mess and crappy pics :P

post-28662-0-07480800-1384368005_thumb.j

post-28662-0-11410700-1384368049_thumb.j

post-28662-0-01172400-1384368052_thumb.j

post-28662-0-60028100-1384368039_thumb.j

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Here's what I have going on, please excuse the mess and crappy pics :P

Amazing! Is that a basement theater? List your gear please.

I can only dream of the day when I get out of a condo and into a house to build my proper theater, heh.

Amazing! Is that a basement theater? List your gear please.

I can only dream of the day when I get out of a condo and into a house to build my proper theater, heh.

Thanks! Well not exactly in the basement, it's on the 2nd floor of my house, we used to have a mini gym there but we moved that downstairs and built a mini cinema there instead :D

As for the gear, it's a Panasonic PTAE8000U projector. Those 2 giants in the front are B&O BEOLAB 5s. There are a few blueray players and an apple TV, and a popcorn machine, lol.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A