Arokhantos

Post your home theater

Prepare for ULTIMATE CRINGE featuring my old 2 inch thick tiny little 720p tv from 2008 or 2009 and has some sticky tape residue scars left on it from when I taped it to the bottom of a box when I was moving to a new home like 5 years ago.image.jpeg

On the bottom shelf is my Sony VCR which I use both for watching my old favorite movies like Balto and Flubber, My newest addition which is my Blue Ray player which I got used for a bargen off amazon for $30 USD and the seller said on his listing that he never used it so it's pretty much in unused condition, and on top of the stack of electronics is Delux Edition Wii U with a whooping 32gb of storage in it which is my newest and only modern console(#BecauseofPCMasterRace).

image.jpeg

On the middle shelf you can see my N64 with my Gamecube (I do have the orgional wii too in my Nintendo collection I just have no need to have it out on the TV stand/book shelf because I have the Wii U which is backwards compatible with Wii games and I have my Gamecube which works perfectly)

image.jpeg

Other stuff I would have out on the shelf for show if I had enough room:

Xbox Orgional

Wii U

My Sony stereo system

Planned Upgrades:

Moving the bookshelf downstairs into my office and putting a proper TV stand there and putting a just as old maybe a few years newer and has more then 1 HDMI port so I can actually hook up my bluray to HDMI and not using old analog ColorStream HD Sony TV which is a 1080p HD tv and has 4 HDMI ports which should allow me to hook up both my Wii U and my Sony Blue Ray player with HDMI to the TV and have room for a XBox One and a Nvidia Shield and with the extra room I can move my AMD APU bassd HTPC to my TV setup and hook it up to either a HDMI port if the TV has a extra port (not pulling the TV out of storage to look until I actually get a TV stand for it) or the VGA port which still looks fine at a distance at 1080p and the TV only supports 720p over the VGA port anyway and it only allows me to run in 720p on the PC even with HDMI and it has bad overscan when I turn it to the 1920x1080 option, the TV also has enogh ports in the back so I can have 2 of my older consoles set up and the VCR hooked up too which with the VCR will give me a frontal analog port and a rear analog port on the VCR unit to plug even more older consoles in so I can keep my puny classic game system collection hooked up and ready to be played

My Computers:

The Tank (Main PC): https://pcpartpicker.com/b/3HVYcf (Update on PCPartpicker with build log on LTT forum coming soon)

Arctic Wolf (Spare PC in my room for web browsing): http://pcpartpicker.com/b/YKWXsY (Update on PCPartpicker with build log on LTT forum coming soon)

ITX LAN Party/Spare PC: Partlist: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SuperM4Tanker/saved/2tTYJx (Build log with photos coming soon)

Laptop: MSI GS43VR Literally the hottest laptop I have ever used thing literally can burn you if you touch the wrong part when running games

My Servers:

None at the current moment

If anyone wants me to make them a partlist on PCPartPicker just PM me

Folding@Home Stats:

My current Folding@Home stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=SuperShermanTanker

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=728444

10 hours ago, NickTheMajin said:

Back from college setup. 

LG65EF9500 Oled and two Martin Logan Theos loudspeakers. Absolute heaven. Though extremely pricey  speakers are $3k each and the tv was close to $6k after taxes. 49455205193__849B5C82-10F2-444B-926C-682D028CE0A4.JPGIMG_0915.JPG

How's the 4K OLED? Is it as beautiful as all the reviewers say they are? How's the image retention/burn in?

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

How's the 4K OLED? Is it as beautiful as all the reviewers say they are? How's the image retention/burn in?

Its so hard to describe how amazing the screen is. It's something you have to see to believe. One of my favorite parts is the end of movies when it does the quick cut to the credits and the whole room darkens because when the screen is black it's not lighting anything. Its to the point where when I go to theaters im disappointed with the visual quality. 

Movies with black bars also look incredible because of the deep deep black. No more distracting dark grey on the top and bottom. It just looks like I have a wide tv. 

Image retention hasn't really been an issue. I did buy the protection plan for it just incase ($6000 purchase, didn't want any chances). I've done long gaming sessions with games with static elements and haven't had any problems. Not even slight ghosting or retention on games like FIFA or NBA 2k. 

8 minutes ago, NickTheMajin said:

Its so hard to describe how amazing the screen is. It's something you have to see to believe. One of my favorite parts is the end of movies when it does the quick cut to the credits and the whole room darkens because when the screen is black it's not lighting anything. Its to the point where when I go to theaters im disappointed with the visual quality. 

Movies with black bars also look incredible because of the deep deep black. No more distracting dark grey on the top and bottom. It just looks like I have a wide tv. 

Image retention hasn't really been an issue. I did buy the protection plan for it just incase ($6000 purchase, didn't want any chances). I've done long gaming sessions with games with static elements and haven't had any problems. Not even slight ghosting or retention on games like FIFA or NBA 2k. 

I have a 50" LG Plasma TV, so I too am aware of the awesome beauty that is a true black pixel. I feel that OLED and Plasma have both evolved around a similar set of "drawbacks". Plasma used to have major burn-in/retention issues, all of which were solved by the manufacturers in the end.

I'm glad to see what your TV isn't succumbing to the issues. I assume that the manufacturer has implemented some "anti image-retention" voodoo technology (most likely simple pixel shift).

Since I already have a Plasma, I wouldn't even consider replacing it with an LCD panel (CCFL or LED), since only the best LED LCD's would even come close to what I already have. So that means my upgrade path is OLED only. This gives me hope. I do intend on getting a 4K OLED, but I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

8 minutes ago, NickTheMajin said:

I have a 50" LG Plasma TV, so I too am aware of the awesome beauty that is a true black pixel. I feel that OLED and Plasma have both evolved around a similar set of "drawbacks". Plasma used to have major burn-in/retention issues, all of which were solved by the manufacturers in the end.

I'm glad to see what your TV isn't succumbing to the issues. I assume that the manufacturer has implemented some "anti image-retention" voodoo technology (most likely simple pixel shift).

Since I already have a Plasma, I wouldn't even consider replacing it with an LCD panel (CCFL or LED), since only the best LED LCD's would even come close to what I already have. So that means my upgrade path is OLED only. This gives me hope. I do intend on getting a 4K OLED, but I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

First picture is a 50 inch Samsung TV with a Boston center speaker taped and fixed to the top of it. Then a left and right tower speakers (polk) and two tower speakers behind them only running sub (8 inch 60hz-120) and klipsch side/surrounds on custom made stands. To back up the two 8 inch subs is a polk 10 inch sub for 25-60 hz.

The keyboard is sitting on a lapdesk I built and the 144 hz 23 inch acer monitor is on an ergo tech freedom arm. My rig is behind the desk. i7 4790k 16 gb ram z97 classified mobo gtx 670 in the Thermaltake level 10 case with noctua cpu cooling and a pcie SSD. 

Then the second picture is my brand new chromecast entertainment center. Arion speaker system with decently kicky bass and clear highs and mids. Paired with a 144 hz acer 23 inch monitor. 144 hz because it's what I had "lying around"

20160628_000740.jpg

20161006_232359.jpg

My current setup. (Unfinished right now due to moving process.)

Receiver/Amp - Pioneer ELITE VSX-90 

L/R Mains - 2x Polk Audio RT2000p's (Discontinued)

Center - 1x Polk Audio TSi CS20's

Surround / Rear - 4x Polk Audio T15's

Subwoofers - 2x Polk Audio PSW505

TV - Sharp AQUOS LC-55N7000U (55" 4K UHDTV)

Console's - Xbox One S (2TB model) & Nintendo Wii-U

Players - Mini Wintel W8 (8GB Ram - Windows 10) For Use of Kodi and Browsing.

Cable Provider - Xfinity X1

Ill attach photos this week, I need to work on room acoustics and finish the studio bedroom up.

Treated the wife and i to a little home theatre setup for my 31st birthday. The 60xt's sound fricken amazeballs, super happy with them!!

Receiver/Amp - Yamaha RX-V1081

L/R Mains - 2x Martin Logan 60XT

Center - 1x Martin Logan 50xt

Surround / Rear - 2x Martin Logan Motion FX (mind the cables... waiting for a mate to run them through the wall for me)

Subwoofer - 1x Martin Logan Dynamo 1000w

TV - Samsung JU7000 (75" 4K UHDTV)

Console's - PS3 for GranTurismo #PCMR

HTPC - Intel Skull Canyon (8GB Ram - Windows 10) For Use of Kodi, Browsing and hopefully ROM emulation when i can bother to nut it out.

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Main Rig |  Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Intel 6700k @ 5ghz | Corsair H110i GTX | 16gb Kingston HyperX 2800mhz DDR4 | Corsair hx1000i | Intel 750 400gb NVME 2.5 SSD | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 8x 4tb Seagate HDD Synology DS1813+ | BenQ XL2720T | Zowie FK1 | Corsair K70 RGB | Sennheiser HD650 | Mayflower 02DAC and Amp combo | Blue Spark Microphone | Fractal Define S | Asus GTX980ti Strix

Wife's Rig | Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel 3770k @ 4.8ghz | Corsair H100i 4x sp120 Quiet Edition | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz DDR3 | Corsair ax760i | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 3x 24" Lenovo 1200p Screens  | Bit Fenix Prodigy 230mm Intake & af140 Exhaust | Gigabyte GTX780

Playing Battlefield 1 with the new 4k projector and 18" subwoofer. not long to the new theater room is finished.

GTAV PC  TITAN X  ULTRAWIDE CURVED 34 3440 x 1440p  Ultra Settings.00_12_35_06.Still003.jpg

017c.png

20160928_181415.jpg

[Official] Debezelled Monitor & Portrait Surround/Eyefinity

How to debezel a ASUS VG248QE 144hz 3D monitor

ASUS VG248QE 144hz 3D Monitor - REVIEW

PORTRAIT SURROUND VG248QE - 3770k - MVE - SLI TITAN - AX1200i - 800D - HD800 - MUTEKI 7.2

WALL OF TEXT WARNING, I have a little story to tell you all because trust me, this is quite the thrill ride of how I beat most youtube's guides on "BUDGET THEATRE LESS THAN 200 OGM" and other types of guides.

acraqdu.jpg

So I started my own home theatre on a budget because I happen to find a projector in a pawnshop.  Now before anyone loses their minds over "OGM A PRAWNSH0P PROJECT0R?!!?11!?" I verified it on google before purchase and it's functionality to an extent in store.  I discovered it while browsing the cases and saw two HDMI inputs on this as usual plain generic glossy plastic looking projector.  It caught my attention being the fact one was labeled HDMI V1.3 and was designated as DLP.

Going into this, I have a broad history in broadcasting and live video production, but when it comes to projectors, I don't have a vast knowledge of owning one or what it is like to have one of your own.  PawnAmerica is where I got it from, they wanted 99 dollars for this thing, it was giving a projector lamp warning so I figured, new bulb time, 41 bucks on ebay for a generic one, so I paid 60 said and done.  A generic bulb to me said, what do I care, for all I know it won't work so I'm not throwing 150+ at this thing until I KNOW for a fact it is worth the money or the bulb is bad quality.  The bulb arrives, I slap it in, spend a week troubleshooting why the thing powers up then fails a minute later when booting 3 times in a row.  Turns out, you just have to gently push the lens assembly back a nudge and then it's happy as can be (I swear to god my face when I learned this after a solid week of being pissed off and google searching).

During the building, I found this projector to be quite the astounding performer in terms of quality.  I will put the specs below here for you all to see and gander at what I got for 105 bucks with bulb + projector + tax

Mivuk38.png

Remind you, I know it's not the most impressive out there, nor is it 4K or anything but 1080p with 4,000:1 contrast ratio is solid to me.  These things still sell on eBay for at least 300-500 dollars depending on quality.  There is sadly no where to verify it's age but I determine from original bulb time of 1600 hours when I got it and how clean and clear the plastic is along with no dust inside the project, like really, not even stuck in the circuit boards even that clean.  I would guess this baby is at least a end of production 2013 model based on it's OEM bulb's hours and it's overall physical condition.

Now I have a dirty secret, I got the whole set up done for a grand total of $642 USD give or take some tax.  Now I did include the screen, the LED lighting strips, the projector + bulb, new router, cable track, HDMI cables, network cables, audio cables, and soundbar + subwoofer combo.  The secret part?  I worked for Best Buy for a year and a half at this time of building.  Terrible, I know, discount being 5% above the retail cost of the item IE what Best Buy paid for the product before mark up.  The router I got on a special accommodation through Linksys, so 400 dollar router for 99 but NBD.

mGPQjEQ.jpg

XltOeCP.jpg

VAltZxo.jpg

Ysh0bdt.jpg

DNJ7KpN.jpg

Excuse the mess, I tend to not be a very clean person, even with a freaking Roomba.  This is all built to be rather modifiable and movable as I won't be living in this space for too much longer now that I have graduated college and started working a very lavish job at a certain medical device company here in the US making mad IT $$$.

I as well run a PLEX media server off my Mac Pro running Server 2012 Data Center R2 (it is a legitimate copy of it too, not pirated yarr harr) on a virtual machine with a 5TB external hard drive to store the blu-ray discs I am still ripping.

Even have a custom PowerMac G5 cabinet I built myself for the Wii and other storage needs

nb8G58v.jpg

Started in April of 2016, still in progress as of this post, I try to find improvements at every corner.

Original first time setup of it all
H4EaGAp.jpg

After many tweaks and moves

acraqdu.jpg

Misc Pictures, some older and some more recent, the router gives that one away since it went from 3 antennas to 8

1GVP3ci.jpg

Z7Mu6CX.jpg

AZdiHCA.jpg

S4CF4tG.jpg

5YRyngT.jpg

Hsp40df.jpg

End of post notes, there are some dust particles stuck just before the sealed lens assembly, they are easily phased out by a small light in the background, aren't a huge nuisance but I will have it professionally addressed soon here.  Thank you for reading and dealing with my horrendous story and cable management all!

Pic related

d6oKgmt.jpg

A harmonious mix of older and newer technology. In due time, I want to clean up some wires and rearrange a couple of things, but I am happy with it for now.

17-252.JPG

17-253.JPG

17-254.JPG

17-255.JPG

Project Exiled Doll: Ryzen 5 1600X, Biostar X370GT7, Zotac Geforce GTX 1070, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz

Glad i found such a thread. I started at the age of 15 and now 3 years later I am at this

5.2.4 Setup (as I think the first Dolby Atmos Setup?) with 2x Nubert Nubox 481, 3x Nubox 313, 4x Nubox WS-103, a DIY Vota Sub 16 (from Udo Wohlgemuth) and a JBL Sub 200/230. All powered by a Denon x4100 + an old Harman Kardon AVR 45RDS (one year older than me). I can´t name the TV exactly but it´s a Panasonic 49" Plasma from a few years ago. Hopefully we will move soon, so all this can go down into the basement for a full home cinema. I plan to build a DBA and pruchase a JVC x5500+ acoustic transparent screen.

Flo_richi-Tech Battle  004.jpg

On 1/1/2017 at 7:49 PM, Surburb said:

LOVE your TV stand! The lighting is sweet.

Current Gaming PC: Intel Core-i7 4770K @ 4.2GHz || EVGA 970 FTW SLI || Asus Max. VI Formula || 32GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 || Samsung 840 Pro 250GB || SeaSonic 850 Platinum || Seagate 3TB || CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo Case || Air Cooled || Windows 10 Pro || Dell 27" 4K P2715Q

Next PC Wishlist: Intel Core-i7 7700K Delidded || EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 || Asus Max. IX Extreme || 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 || Samsung 960 Pro 512GB || Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || WD Black 5TB || SeaSonic 750 Titanium || Sleeved Cables || Thermaltake Core P5 Case || Windows 10 Pro

Liquid Cooling Setup Wishlist (Work-In-Progress): EK CoolStream XE 480mm Radiator || EK XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (Sleeved Cables) || Corsair ML120 Pro LED 120mm PWM Fans x4 || EK ATX Bridging Plug || EK Ekoolant Evo Blood RED (Premix 1L) || Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut || Hard Tubing 

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:03 AM, HatlessChimp said:

Playing Battlefield 1 with the new 4k projector and 18" subwoofer. not long to the new theater room is finished.

20160928_181415.jpg

Great looking set up, The quality of picture from your projector looks incredible what make and model is it. I thought my optima HD 141x had a great picture but damn that looks so vibrant.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

On 3/27/2017 at 5:58 PM, Appletax said:

LOVE your TV stand! The lighting is sweet.

I updated it and built my own screen, it still needs to unwrinkle a bit but in due time it will settle out.  Excuse my mess, I hadn't cleaned up before hand after putting the screen together and up

cwfbDtR.jpg

mMGsaUr.jpg

Cable management is also on spot

eEHJrxg.jpg

Hi

Here are some photos of the workstation and the entire house that I´ve been developing since I was eighteen years old, I´d like to share some of the projects and knowledge about green energy and sustainability.

I tried to capture the house exactly how it looks when you arrive and get into to, is a little dark because is a man cave I took maybe 10 shots to make one photo and was pretty hard to capture the vision that we have when you sit to play something or watch a movie.

I have two setups, the first one is for gaming, movie and work, the second one is for watch movies with friends and family. The entire house is powered by green energy, I have one sun water heater for the hot water, all the house were made using recycle parts from another houses / company's. I will try to list everything that I have here, some people think that the house is not real because looks like one store or playland, the truth is that neverland from MJ was my inspiration and I´m not even close of that...The house has automation for everything, I can turn on the lights, music, movie, the kitchen and even control the pressure of the water, the temp and the flow.

The room and the office are jumped together with cables from outside of the house, so If you want to play games in setup 2 you just need to change the monitor and audio setup. If you want to watch some movie in setup 1 from setup 2, you just have to change the entry in Denon receiver, all the house is connected together and working as it should after long years of test and programming. In the setup 1 if you want to play using TV you just need to change to monitor 2, if you want to use the headphones just change the audio output for Razer board, if you want to play using headphone in setup 1 with cockpit you just need to grab the second Razer Tiamat and plug in the Sony receiver.

I´m so sorry for the bad quality of some photos, I had to use my cellphone because my lens could not take the photo so close. maybe I will do one update when I get one canon 10/22 mm. Me and my friends use to do some lan parties over here, there is one video of us doing one stress test with Asus and the ISP. Since everything in the house has one IP and access to the internet, the 400 / 200 ISP link sometimes is less for what the house want, right now the Asus is showing me 5 / 6 TB of traffic peer month, crazy right?

Some shots:

prwB8nQ.jpg

This is the electric panel of the house, everything was made by hand and with Siemens products for best quality, I use one sand fuse for setup 1 and another one for setup 2, that´s filter the noise from power surge and delivery clean energy for the entire house, also it has DPS for rain lighting protection, two grounds, even for the cable TV and telephone line, all the receptacles are hospital grade, kitchen receptacles are waterproof.

AZHTAUj.jpg

eG7Qwyj.jpg

With the red Acer laptop that I use to work ( I left it plugged in the table because is more fast and easy to get out and get in when I need to do some fast jobs/projects with customers ).

0FlYkYI.jpg

laptop closed.

Panoramic view

CjcxMDy.jpg

This is how I use the system, almost with all the lights off and just some little blue and warm light to keep the climate of men´s cave.

ejHcww9.jpg

The second monitor for play games or watch movies / Chromecast videos ( smart TV ).

pD923Is.jpg

Couch mode

0EzOl7N.jpg

Cockpit mode

XL22BXr.jpg

The couch get´s out of the room and I install the cockpit for play some games on TV, we can use the 7.1 home theater or the Razer Tiamat 7.1 if there´s someone in the same room using another computer / arcade and we don´t want to disturber or make so much noise.

This is the back view of the couch / cockpit setup with surround speakers

ITM5f9Y.jpg

This is an old project that I´ve made in the past, it uses one computer inside with Hyperspin and almost 500 GB of games and emulators, built in speakers and with one original CRT tube from 1990, also one coin selector that works with 25 cents.

ARmKv20.jpg

ECP0sIV.jpg

The entry view of the house with arcade in the background and kitchen / cinema room.

FmolVRV.jpg

This is the setup 2, the photo looks like a little ''dead'' and with no life because of the poor lighting, sometimes is hard to take one shot of some place that is dark almost 90% of the time like one movie theater.

ZSLbD5N.jpg

Close up with all the spikes for and bases for isolation/vibration

BkecGNN.jpg

This is the back view of the room / kitchen, the kitchen was made with old bricks from 1960, it has automation in lights, kitchen appliances and food garbage disposal, also it uses one Nest protect v2 to monitoring all the activity of the place.

12Evtdp.jpg

The gas burner that I did, less space = creativity to solve the problem.

mUKpJqH.jpg

Working

SdHxiJD.jpg

Nest protect V2.0 taking care of the entire house, I highly recommend this product for everyone that want to protect the house / family and your ''investments''.

U1Stpkz.jpg

If you want to know more about this, check this out and see how smartness one smoke alarm can be and save money / family.

[MEDIA=youtube]METDdcmklVE[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]q-87vSaj5lI[/MEDIA]

I can take more photos of the green power station and house, but I think this is not the focus of this topic and forum.
I hope you like my hard work,

Here is the list for setup 1:

Samsung 52' Lcd Series 6 FullHD.
Monitor Benq XL24t 3D Vision2 Nvidia.
Pioneer 212D.
Pioneer BDR-206BK.
Razer BlackWindow Ultimate Keyboard
Razer DeathVadder Mouse.
3d Vision 2 Nvidia Kit.
Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive.
Palm TX for house automation.
ASUS AC68U Plus TPLINK 8 Ports Switch.
Internet Speed  -> ONT Vivo Fibra 400/170 mb
Wirelles Xbox360 Kit.
Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p HD Webcam
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel / Cockpit
WDTV Live G3.
Chromecast 2
Receptacles Hubbell Hospital Grade / Leviton.
APC Power Surge Filters.
Headphone Razer Tiamat 7.1 x 2 + USB Offboard sound 7.1 Vantec.
Laptop Acer 5100 - Zmodo HD Surveilance System.
Laptop Samsung - Server + 10TB in Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA External.
Laptop Acer E5 - I use to work almost everyday and this stay in the table until I have to grab and get out every morning.
Lacrosse Weather Station model 330-2315 Professional Weather Station
The table was made by me, is an old door of one cabinet with acrylic supports, the entire house were made using stainless steel screws.

Computer:

Asus Maximus formula x38
Quad Q6600
8GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066Mhz
Gtx770 Zotac
Zalman Fan Controler
OCZ SteathSteam 600watts
Corsair H50 Hydro Series
SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB Solid State Drive
Wester Digital 1TB internal Hard drive
ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim 24-bit Stereo PCI Low Profile

Arcade Machine:

I used one old cabinet from a local store.
There´s a computer inside with 500GB of games.
I use Hyperspin for emulation.
There is light buttons for player 1 and 2 and one coin selector that works with 25cents of dollar  =]
Over here you dont have to buy the coins, I can gave it for free.

Sound and Speakers

Home Theater 7.2 Sony Model DAV-DZ77T.
Speakers Pedestal all made by me with acrylic and old parts from music stores.

Cables and Accessories.

Hdmi Blue Jeans,
Audio - Monster Optic and Coaxial.
Signal Power Cable.
RCA Sthaca ( By Thalles ).
Belden Power Cable.
Sthaca / RCA Din.
Spikes ViaBlue / in speakers.

Here is the setup 2 / Room:

Projector Optoma HD25.
3d Vision 2 Nvidia.
HD 6TB MyBook Essential Western Digital.
Palm TX / Palm T5
Harmony Ultimate HUB.
Router ASUS AC68 ( AP MODE )
WDTV Live G3.
Blu Ray Player BDP-S590.
Receptacles Hubbell 8300.
APC power surge.
DIY Home Made Projector Screen 106''.
Electric Curtains.
Lights Lutron Maestro.
Nest Home Protect V2
Harmony Ultimate Control.

Sound and Speakers

Receiver Denon 3312.

Front Speakers - Klipsch F-2 Synergy.
Center - Klipsch Synergy C-3.
Surrounds - Klipsch B-2 Synergy.
Subwoofer - Sunfire True Signature Series TS-EQ12
ELG Speakers Support.

Cables and Accessories

Hdmi Blue Jeans.
Audio - Blue Jeans Optic and Coaxial.
RCA Sthaca DIY.
Belden Power Cable DIY.
Sthaca / RCA Din DIY.
Spikes DIY / Viablue.

thanks guys
=]

Finally got my stuff out of my parents house and into my own!

Home theater gear 

Two Martin Logan Theos Electrostatic Speakers

SVS SB2000 subwoofer

Marantz 7010 receiver 

LG65in OLED

PC 

CPU: 5930k

GPU: 1080ti

Asus x99 deluxe board

1TB Samsung 960pro SSD

2x 4TB external hard drives in the drawers 

16gb of Corsair Dominator Platinum ram

Yes that is a real deer head!

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

Hey guys, new active member here, super happy to see LTT forum has an HT section :D

Bought our first home last February and came with it the chance to finally have a dedicated HT room!

So far: 
TV: X850C 4 tk from sony (had a great deal on it, 25-30% if i remember correctly) I like it its good for an LCD but I come from only having pretty good plasmas (Pioneer Kuro RIP and panasonics back in 2008 ish until getting this). For sports its garbage compared to my plasmas but its pretty good for everything else (I dont game in that room so i never actually tried gaming on it). but it does look slick as hell on the wall with those slim bezels and that single power light strip at the bottom

Receiver: STRDN860 from Sony had a good deal on it too and is pretty feature heavy. Side note: if you get this receiver make sure it had adequate airflow audio that thing bugged on me multiple time (and had audio gliches (would stop all audio for a second every hour when watching something with a loud clicking noise) when it was too hot) did not have any problem since it was installed in the cool basement.

Speakers: Only 2 monitor 6 from Polk floor standing speakers. Not great for music but fantastic for movies and have enough bass that i do not need to get a sub like yesterday haha. 

Bonus:
- Movie collection, currently building 2 full height bookshelves to between 1-2 and 2-3 to fill the space.
- Candy/popcorn bar, plan to add lighting and a mini-fridge at some point

20170521_151049.jpg

20170521_151104.jpg

20170521_151124.jpg

20170521_151144.jpg

20170521_151426.jpg

**Update sept 2017**
Added a center channel (Polk CSR 100w), a ps3 and a sony UDP-X800 4k blu-ray player, also added speaker connectors behing to monitor 6 to hide the cables

21248210_10155621735974663_5839492977214189759_o.jpg

Samsung 40" FHD Curved TV U40J6000 (Series 6)

1495557930993-132782460.jpg

"I want things to matter i hate it when things are just, whatever. Cable management, whatever. Fan placement, whatever. Thermal paste application, whatever."

-Luke Lafreniere from CPU & Heatsink Lapping - Are concave, convex, or flat heatsinks best for cooling? 3:14

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away"

@pipoawas

Make sure to quote me or type @Ordinarily_Greater if you want me to reply also

feel free to private message me if you have any questions, especially PSU and monitor

Spoiler

CPU: Unidentified LGA 775-----> trying to wipe the 8 years paste...

Motherboard: Asus P5G41T-M LX Dual Channel DDR3 support

RAM: V-Gen 1GB DDR3 -----> Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB DDR3-1600 x2

Video Card: Pixelview GF9400GT -----> used properly air cooled GTX 970 

PSU: Simbadda 300W-----> SeaSonic G 550W

Case: Simbadda case (fits Micro ATX Case)

Display: Samsung Curved 40" FHD TV-----> I want to be independent so:

LG 27MP59G-P

On 02/01/2017 at 10:49 AM, Surburb said:

WALL OF TEXT WARNING, I have a little story to tell you all because trust me, this is quite the thrill ride of how I beat most youtube's guides on "BUDGET THEATRE LESS THAN 200 OGM" and other types of guides.

acraqdu.jpg

So I started my own home theatre on a budget because I happen to find a projector in a pawnshop.  Now before anyone loses their minds over "OGM A PRAWNSH0P PROJECT0R?!!?11!?" I verified it on google before purchase and it's functionality to an extent in store.  I discovered it while browsing the cases and saw two HDMI inputs on this as usual plain generic glossy plastic looking projector.  It caught my attention being the fact one was labeled HDMI V1.3 and was designated as DLP.

Going into this, I have a broad history in broadcasting and live video production, but when it comes to projectors, I don't have a vast knowledge of owning one or what it is like to have one of your own.  PawnAmerica is where I got it from, they wanted 99 dollars for this thing, it was giving a projector lamp warning so I figured, new bulb time, 41 bucks on ebay for a generic one, so I paid 60 said and done.  A generic bulb to me said, what do I care, for all I know it won't work so I'm not throwing 150+ at this thing until I KNOW for a fact it is worth the money or the bulb is bad quality.  The bulb arrives, I slap it in, spend a week troubleshooting why the thing powers up then fails a minute later when booting 3 times in a row.  Turns out, you just have to gently push the lens assembly back a nudge and then it's happy as can be (I swear to god my face when I learned this after a solid week of being pissed off and google searching).

During the building, I found this projector to be quite the astounding performer in terms of quality.  I will put the specs below here for you all to see and gander at what I got for 105 bucks with bulb + projector + tax

Mivuk38.png

Remind you, I know it's not the most impressive out there, nor is it 4K or anything but 1080p with 4,000:1 contrast ratio is solid to me.  These things still sell on eBay for at least 300-500 dollars depending on quality.  There is sadly no where to verify it's age but I determine from original bulb time of 1600 hours when I got it and how clean and clear the plastic is along with no dust inside the project, like really, not even stuck in the circuit boards even that clean.  I would guess this baby is at least a end of production 2013 model based on it's OEM bulb's hours and it's overall physical condition.

Now I have a dirty secret, I got the whole set up done for a grand total of $642 USD give or take some tax.  Now I did include the screen, the LED lighting strips, the projector + bulb, new router, cable track, HDMI cables, network cables, audio cables, and soundbar + subwoofer combo.  The secret part?  I worked for Best Buy for a year and a half at this time of building.  Terrible, I know, discount being 5% above the retail cost of the item IE what Best Buy paid for the product before mark up.  The router I got on a special accommodation through Linksys, so 400 dollar router for 99 but NBD.

mGPQjEQ.jpg

XltOeCP.jpg

VAltZxo.jpg

Ysh0bdt.jpg

DNJ7KpN.jpg

Excuse the mess, I tend to not be a very clean person, even with a freaking Roomba.  This is all built to be rather modifiable and movable as I won't be living in this space for too much longer now that I have graduated college and started working a very lavish job at a certain medical device company here in the US making mad IT $$$.

I as well run a PLEX media server off my Mac Pro running Server 2012 Data Center R2 (it is a legitimate copy of it too, not pirated yarr harr) on a virtual machine with a 5TB external hard drive to store the blu-ray discs I am still ripping.

Even have a custom PowerMac G5 cabinet I built myself for the Wii and other storage needs

nb8G58v.jpg

Started in April of 2016, still in progress as of this post, I try to find improvements at every corner.

Original first time setup of it all
H4EaGAp.jpg

After many tweaks and moves

acraqdu.jpg

Misc Pictures, some older and some more recent, the router gives that one away since it went from 3 antennas to 8

1GVP3ci.jpg

Z7Mu6CX.jpg

AZdiHCA.jpg

S4CF4tG.jpg

5YRyngT.jpg

Hsp40df.jpg

End of post notes, there are some dust particles stuck just before the sealed lens assembly, they are easily phased out by a small light in the background, aren't a huge nuisance but I will have it professionally addressed soon here.  Thank you for reading and dealing with my horrendous story and cable management all!

Pic related

d6oKgmt.jpg

Cool Setup. What is the Screen Model?

55" Samsung LCD TV

Epson Home Cinemalite 5030UBe

1080P w/3D and wireless HDMI

120" motorized tab tensioned screen

6 Polkaudio TSX550t's towers

1 Polkaudio TSX220c centre 

2 Polkaudio 12" sub's@ 400watts RMS each

Receiver- Emotiva Fusion 8100 7.1ch

Amps- Emotiva XPA-3 200watts RMSx3ch

Emotiva XPA-5 200watts RMSx5ch

IMG_3384.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3621.JPG

IMG_3628.PNG

IMG_5294.JPG

IMG_5616.JPG

IMG_7291.JPG

IMG_7732.JPG

I hope this is OK, but this is my soon to be HT. Me and the GF are moving to a house, and I can finally get a real home theater with an actual subwoofer. I've owned subwoofers before, but never really gotten to use them appropriately. 

The gear will be:

Amp: Denon AVR-3312

Front: B&W CM10

Centre: B&W CMC2

Surr.back: B&W DS3

Sub: XTZ Cinema 1x12 (to be bought in the next couple of weeks)

TV: Panasonic ST60 65" plasma

I was originally going to use my CM10 as a pure music rig in the living room, but since I already own almost an entire 5.1 setup, I figured I should just use it all in my HT. The plan was otherwise to buy a dedicated 5.1 setup like XTZ Cinema 5.1 or Jamo D600 for the HT. Now I'm just going to have a Sonos system spread out in the house for music. Movies > music nowadays...

Future plans (2018/2019) include a new amp (with Atmos support), a projector and screen, additional speakers for the ceiling (Atmos...) and one more subwoofer. 

Here's a pic of the setup in Sketchup:

lQfjSa5.png

And here's a pic from my last apartment (4.0 setup):

5aQsP5E.jpg

TV: Sony Trinitron 28" Widescreen PAL CRT (KV-28CL11E) from 2005

Consoles: Sony PlayStation 3 and PS2

Digibox: Some old KONIG crap

Yes, I don't have a desk for my TV.

It's really hard to take a picture of CRT TV...

IMG_20170831_022531.thumb.jpg.34fd1e263e593712bd6fb966d6153799.jpg

IMG_20170831_023238.thumb.jpg.9eac0c1f7acf04cefed4aa1e6e676a4f.jpg

Black level :D

IMG_20170831_024926.thumb.jpg.02f21fa30ecd2ab6fde8ad4789d43522.jpg

And a cat watching TV.

IMG_20170831_025329.thumb.jpg.4ec5b9d9039a100e7b35946ad4177b25.jpg

Intel Xeon X5670 @ 4.44GHz, Asus P6X58D-E, 16gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz, Asus GeForce GTX 960 Turbo OC, 250gb Samsung SSD, 2x 2tb HDD, Fractal Design Define R5 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Pasi123/

PC 2: Intel Xeon X5677 @ 3.47GHz, HP 0B4Ch (X58), 12gb DDR3 1333MHz, Asus GeForce GTX 660 DC2, 240gb SSD, 1tb HDD

Laptop: Dell Latitude E6430, Intel Core i5-3210M, 6gb DDR3 1600MHz , Intel HD 4000, 120gb SSD

Phone: Huawei Honor 9 Watch: Motorola Moto 360