Arokhantos

Post your home theater

No home theater. Just awesome headphones.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

I win

CLOSE THE THREAD :lol:

I win close the thread? Well that's not very nice... we are here to share and enjoy each others collection... Its nice to have a dedicated room for home theater setup but some of cannot afford to... I'm sure if we had the room we would all have projectors and recliners but how can you cuddle up to your girlfriend? For the size of you projector you could have upgraded to larger front speakers and replace the satellites for floor speakers.

I win close the thread? Well that's not very nice... we are here to share and enjoy each others collection... Its nice to have a dedicated room for home theater setup but some of cannot afford to... I'm sure if we had the room we would all have projectors and recliners but how can you cuddle up to your girlfriend? For the size of you projector you could have upgraded to larger front speakers and replace the satellites for floor speakers.

1. if u look at the smiley face i was being funny

2. yes  i always wanted to upgrade the speakers and i will soon but The current speakers are great

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

1. if u look at the smiley face i was being funny

2. yes  i always wanted to upgrade the speakers and i will soon but The current speakers are great

Okay great then  :) just be careful as it is hard to tell by just reading text. Nice what where you considering getting?

Okay great then  :) just be careful as it is hard to tell by just reading text. Nice what where you considering getting?

im thinking of Going with a higher end JBL model

i already own JBL speakers but the center and rear speakers feel under powered

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I win

CLOSE THE THREAD :lol:

lol... how old is the RX-V671? not very familiar with Yamaha's product lines, but i have a RX-V2095 (i'll post my setup after i get some time to cleanup lol, it doubles as my main pc setup and bedroom)

lol... how old is the RX-V671? not very familiar with Yamaha's product lines, but i have a RX-V2095 (i'll post my setup after i get some time to cleanup lol, it doubles as my main pc setup and bedroom)

mid 2011

which isnt old

when it comes to media everything moves pretty slow

it supports every standard there is right now

when 4k becomes main stream ill scrap everything away

i used to have a high end AVR harman receiver but it didnt support True HD so i got the v671

when it was at the shop it was the last piece  and it was on display so by LAW it had to be sold to me at 50% off

i would be crazy not to buy it

mid 2011

which isnt old

when it comes to media everything moves pretty slow

it supports every standard there is right now

when 4k becomes main stream ill scrap everything away

i used to have a high end AVR harman receiver but it didnt support True HD so i got the v671

when it was at the shop it was the last piece  and it was on display so by LAW it had to be sold to me at 50% off

i would be crazy not to buy it

:O What country do you live in? lol, all retail places in my town don't really do any discounts on display models

I have various movies encoded in DD-THD and DTS-HDMA and my even older RX-V2095 ( only advertises up do good ol fashioned DD and DTS) picked it up fine and played it as good ol fashioned DD and DTS ( which is what i prefer). I don't like that the consumer market is being flooded with lots of different types of DD and DTS things; I think there should be more strict standards in place.

:o What country do you live in? lol, all retail places in my town don't really do any discounts on display models

I have various movies encoded in DD-THD and DTS-HDMA and my even older RX-V2095 ( only advertises up do good ol fashioned DD and DTS) picked it up fine and played it as good ol fashioned DD and DTS ( which is what i prefer). I don't like that the consumer market is being flooded with lots of different types of DD and DTS things; I think there should be more strict standards in place.

consumer laws

pretty much international if a shop is using a product as a display (basically used) they have to sell it at a 50% discount or more depending on which country

DTS is good but after trying out True-HD i was very impressed + the old receiver i had was very old i think its the AVR 247

when i bought the yamaha it was given very good reviews and the price was already great 

also it balanced sounds a lot better than my yamaha when watching normal DTS scenes

not sure why i thought all receivers were the same the setting was set at standard

consumer laws

pretty much international if a shop is using a product as a display (basically used) they have to sell it at a 50% discount or more depending on which country

DTS is good but after trying out True-HD i was very impressed + the old receiver i had was very old i think its the AVR 247

when i bought the yamaha it was given very good reviews and the price was already great 

also it balanced sounds a lot better than my yamaha when watching normal DTS scenes

not sure why i thought all receivers were the same the setting was set at standard

I don't think there are any laws in the US that say display models are 50% of the base, I see them at best buy all the time for about 10% off the base price.

Samsung 55" 6420 TV

Pioneer VSX-1022 Receiver

Polk Audio RM6750 Speakers

Xbox 360, Wii, PS3 (not hooked up)

HTPC which is an old Q6600 with 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon 5670, Hauppauge WTV1800, Stick 801e, and Collosus capture/tuners and 2x1tb WD AV-GP hard drives

Dusty and needs wires cleaned up, but I like it.

SAM_0148.jpg

SAM_0151.jpg

SAM_0151.jpgSAM_0150.jpg

I have a 7.1 setup with mainly Dali speakers though have 2 wharffedale and 2 pioneer for the rears. I only pull out the surrounds for a bluray movie/movie night. Under the couch I have the Buttkicker wireless and a good assortment of movies and games.

how big is that tv?? 55 inch?

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon