a way to reduce dust inside the computer

pvknbd

does putting all your fans in your case to push air out of the cause reduce dust inside the case? And is it a good idea to have every fan in the case pushing air out of the case

You want to have a higher intake than outlet of air in your case to create positive air pressure which should help keep dust out.  Have more fans or a higher airflow in to the case than out of it.  Having all of your fans pushing air out of the case will draw dust in through other gaps as the air has to be supplied from somewhere.  What case do you have so I can help suggest which way and where to mount your fans?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

You want to have a higher intake than outlet of air in your case to create positive air pressure which should help keep dust out.  Have more fans or a higher airflow in to the case than out of it.

but if all or most of the holes in the case are blocked by fans pushing air out of the there is no way dust can get in right?

You want to have a higher intake than outlet of air in your case to create positive air pressure which should help keep dust out.  Have more fans or a higher airflow in to the case than out of it.  Having all of your fans pushing air out of the case will draw dust in through other gaps as the air has to be supplied from somewhere.  What case do you have so I can help suggest which way and where to mount your fans?

i have this case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811124150

@pvknbd Your fans and case panels don't create a perfect seal, dust will enter the case as air is drawn in to it for your fans to exhaust.  How many of the fan mounting positions do you have occupied with fans?  Do you have any on the side panel?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

@pvknbd Your fans and case panels don't create a perfect seal, dust will enter the case as air is drawn in to it for your fans to exhaust.  How many of the fan mounting positions do you have occupied with fans?  Do you have any on the side panel?

i have 2 side panel fans one being 120mm and one 80mm and one fan in the back that is also 120mm

i have 2 side panel fans one being 120mm and one 80mm and one fan in the back that is also 120mm

You don't have any fans mounted in the top of the case or at the front?

It can be done and you will achieve a mostly dust free environment in the case, it's called negative pressure and it's frowned upon, do it and tell us how it goes with regards to temperatures etc.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

It can be done and you will achieve a mostly dust free environment in the case, it's called negative pressure and it's frowned upon, do it and tell us how it goes with regards to temperatures etc.

I believe you mean positive pressure.

When you have more air going in than out, that means the pressure inside the case is "higher" than on the outside, thus, every hole/gap on your case will exhaust the "extra air" inside the case. Negative pressure is the opposite.

Some argue about which's better but, to be honest, it depends on the case, the room your case is at(dusty or not, hot or cold, etc)...

To keep dust out, make sure to have all your intake fans filtered and, if you want, your exhaust fans too. Regarding negative and positive pressure, I would try positive first and check the temperatures. If they're fine, keep that way. If they are not, try working on your airflow and so on.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I believe you mean positive pressure.

When you have more air going in than out, that means the pressure inside the case is "higher" than on the outside, thus, every hole/gap on your case will exhaust the "extra air" inside the case. Negative pressure is the opposite.

Some argue about which's better but, to be honest, it depends on the case, the room your case is at(dusty or not, hot or cold, etc)...

To keep dust out, make sure to have all your intake fans filtered and, if you want, your exhaust fans too. Regarding negative and positive pressure, I would try positive first and check the temperatures. If they're fine, keep that way. If they are not, try working on your airflow and so on.

That's what I meant :P

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

vgdHyrH.png

these are my idle temps with all fans pulling air out of the case

You don't have any fans mounted in the top of the case or at the front?

nope

nope

Have the two fans on your side panel as intakes and the rear fan as an outlet then, this should reduce the amount of dust getting in to your case.  If there is still an accumulation of dust you can add a filter to your fans to trap it.

vgdHyrH.png

these are my idle temps with all fans pulling air out of the case

And load temps? What were the temps before you changed the fans around?

Another thing is you need to let the system run for a while to get hot and see what the real temperature would be, run a stress test on CPU and GPU for an hour or so and then come back with temp readings

Another thing is you need to let the system run for a while to get hot and see what the real temperature would be, run a stress test on CPU and GPU for an hour or so and then come back with temp readings

iTMTsHr.png

this was playing bf4 ultra settings for about an hour or so

i actually used that case for about a year i found the best solution was to have a fan in the front as intake 2 in the top as intake and one in the back as exhaust, i also modded the the side panel to be a full clear window without fan mounts. 

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

iTMTsHr.png

this was playing bf4 ultra settings for about an hour or so

Well everything looks good man, what more to say but enjoy :) come back if you have any problems