Heaven Society - Week 17 (Beyond the boundary & Angel Beats)

having more episode would've been nice, but if the pacing was wrong, it would've made it worse, that's what i feel.

still, i agree that more episodes would've given more time for the char to develop. However, i'd rather it be short if they were simply forcing the series into 24ep without much material.

It would not feel like it's purposefully dragging on.

It would give characters more time for interactions, to slowly develop their feelings, to naturally reveal their past...etc.

And offer plenty of enjoyable everyday-life banter that made Clannad such a masterpiece instead of simply feeltrain.

Or alternate scenarios just like Clannad anime did with last few episodes.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

2 animes? Awright! Angel Beats is my thang!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

just realized that spoilers totally show in emails.

Ehhh.... I don't want to sound like a cynical bastard here, but I don't like either of these shows.

I couldn't get into Kyoukai no Kanata as I was extremely bored every time I watched it, and Angel Beats is so flawed and overrated that it pisses me off. 

I did a review of Angel Beats, and thoroughly ranted about it, with a bit of pretentiousness. http://rockmandash12.kinja.com/rockmandash-reviews-angel-beats-anime-1618928342

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

Ehhh.... I don't want to sound like a cynical bastard here, but I don't like either of these shows.

I couldn't get into Kyoukai no Kanata as I was extremely bored every time I watched it, and Angel Beats is so flawed and overrated that it pisses me off. 

I did a review of Angel Beats, and thoroughly ranted about it, with a bit of pretentiousness. http://rockmandash12.kinja.com/rockmandash-reviews-angel-beats-anime-1618928342

Kyoukai no Kanata gets a lot better in the last few episodes.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

The relationship between Otonashi and his sister was easily one of the sadder things in Angel beats so far and came close to bringing out those clannad tears.

Really enjoying the series so far a bit broken hearted I'm running out of episodes.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Can't blame you for it... KnK was not that well adapted into an anime and Angel Beats was too short for Key to work their magic...

Ignoring those problems, I think that they're both interesting...

I've seen KnK and I find it enjoyable to watch but pretty predictable. I like the kyoani production quality.

As for Angel Beats I never finished ep 1 the last time I watched it. Let's see how I do this time.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I thought AB honestly pretty dull and stupid at times.

KnK is slightly above average, mostly from interesting features rather than the actual story.

Error: 410

Well, finished Angel Beats. not as much feels as i was expecting considering the reaction here but eh, it was touching.
especially that ending...that was special.... but man it had plenty of moments i wanted to just skip.
And that Another Epilogue was a nice touch, short but nice.

The Special Episode however...>_> not my cup of tea.

Oh as for The other choice, it was pretty straight forward, didnt really bring anything to the table that others have done better :/ sorry. but it was avarage.

Well, finished Angel Beats. not as much feels as i was expecting considering the reaction here but eh, it was touching.

especially that ending...that was special.... but man it had plenty of moments i wanted to just skip.

And that Another Epilogue was a nice touch, short but nice.

The Special Episode however...>_> not my cup of tea.

Oh as for The other choice, it was pretty straight forward, didnt really bring anything to the table that others have done better :/ sorry. but it was avarage.

Sounds about like what I thought.

Finished Angel Beats today and I really enjoyed it although I felt the humour died off towards the last few episodes and it tried taking itself too seriously.

I did enjoy the ending however and found it fitting and sad at the same time.

Can't believe I've had it for a few months now and only gotten around to watching it.

Spoilers - Questions

What did people think about the cliff hanger ending do you think it will all work out for otonashi and angel now they are reincarnated or did he pull his hand back and fail to get her attention.

Secondly I know the significance of the song angel was humming but can't someone explain what the meaning to the song actually is. It just felt she could be humming anything else.

I haven't seen any ova's or additional episodes yet.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Finished Angel Beats today and I really enjoyed it although I felt the humour died off towards the last few episodes and it tried taking itself too seriously.

I did enjoy the ending however and found it fitting and sad at the same time.

Can't believe I've had it for a few months now and only gotten around to watching it.

Spoilers - Questions

What did people think about the cliff hanger ending do you think it will all work out for otonashi and angel now they are reincarnated or did he pull his hand back and fail to get her attention.

Secondly I know the significance of the song angel was humming but can't someone explain what the meaning to the song actually is. It just felt she could be humming anything else.

I haven't seen any ova's or additional episodes yet.

1.) I think the cliffhanger ending was good enough (for the series... not an objective 'good')... I'd like it to stay a cliffhanger if possible...

2.) Not sure about the song at the end... Was it an insert by GirlsDeMo?

Alright. So Beyond the boundary...I really tried not to like it again but something about this girl breaks me, even when I'm watching attempting to hold my stone heart together and be analytical I melt and I don't know why. Is she cute, yes she is unbelievalby cute, the way she gets flustered and her stone faced dissapointment is sooo cute, (also this series tackles something that I feel should get a light shone on it more often, girls in glasses, yes) that aside, she isn't the only reason I enjoyed this series. I also enjoyed the comedy.

After watching Desert Punk I concluded that the comedy fell flat in it because it wore thin and played it's self out and I feel that watching this series immediatly after cast it as a foil to the comedy in Desert Punk which gave me further insite on how the jokes in desert punk failed, often times Desert punk and Beyond the boundary have similar comedic situations (both their protagonists having perversions ones more exagerated than the others) and in these situations the difference may not be in action but in the timing of that action, Desert punk waited too long before the punch line giving me opportunity to predict the outcome and ruining the joke while Beyond the boundary would respond sharply hitting me with the punch line before I even understood the setup, also the dry delivery of the lines in Beyond the boundary are done masterfully and make even the filler episodes a joy to watch. The comedy is accompanied by what I find to be beautiful visuals with lighting choices that distract me from the average animation, the colours highlighted are often varied from the conventional blues and oranges; which is not something new, I have to commend Hyouka for the same but this is the first anime where it caught my attention and I was stunned by it.

But how the story...it's been done, like every anime the premise is something that has been done before, high schools kids with magic powers fight the supernatural; hell, angel beats is high school kids with guns fight the super natural and The Irregular at Magic Highschool was both of those things) but I'm not one to care about story, I care about characters and writing and I fell in love with these characters as I've already said the girl is cute and I can instantly relate to the boys fetish for girls in glasses and they are all I need to carry this series...so I guess that’s my conclusion, my love of this show is carried by my love of these two characters and how emotionally vested I am to their relationship which I feel that is a beautifully written and depicted love story.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?