Holy mother of bad looking smartwatches

Norman_the_Owl

Why do you think being a fanboy is bad? I said you're a fanboy, that's not calling you a nasty name, that's a categorization. I'm sorry, you weren't exactly using fanboy in a complimentary context.

And if calling young people illogical isn't an insult, i don't know what is. I didn't call you illogical, I said that I shouldn't hold you to such a high standard simply because you're not ready yet. It doesn't mean you're illogical.

Also, haven't watched the keynote itself, but i read through some key notes (no pun intended) on the event. If you watch the keynote, perhaps your opinion of its look would change. You probably have a lot of misconceptions you don't realize.

And i still think the apple watch is going to flop, thank you very much Good for you. Let's wait and see instead of speculating wildly, hm?

The fact that it looks like a rounded square won't change, the fact that it's a tacky gloss finish won't change, the fact that i think it's ugly won't change.

Other than that, there's no point in arguing about the rest of that

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The fact that it looks like a rounded square won't change, the fact that it's a tacky gloss finish won't change, the fact that i think it's ugly won't change.

Other than that, there's no point in arguing about the rest of that

Bro, calm the fuck down. If you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Bro, calm the fuck down. If you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT.

I don't own an iPhone, so i sorta can't but it... :P

And i don't really need to calm down, i never intended to buy it.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

I don't own an iPhone, so i sorta can't but it... :P

And i don't really need to calm down, i never intended to buy it.

Then stop fighting with @Builder about why the iWatch sucks so much.

@Builder, it's ok if you feel lonely being the only Apple fanboy, if you're one. You're not alone.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Then stop fighting with @Builder about why the iWatch sucks so much.

@Builder, it's ok if you feel lonely being the only Apple fanboy, if you're one. You're not alone.

I don't think we were fighting, i was just trying to point out what i thought were faults in the watch/his opinion of it, depending on the post :P

I don't think we were fighting, i was just trying to point out what i thought were faults in the watch/his opinion of it, depending on the post :P

Well, I just quickly glanced at each post, and it seems to be arguements.

Well, I just quickly glanced at each post, and it seems to be arguements.

uuuhhh...

Shh :P

Don't tell the mods pls

uuuhhh...

Shh :P

Don't tell the mods pls

I believe it was a flame war between you two.

I believe it was a flame war between you two.

Eh, it was relatively civil till the end their.

It happens

I do not like how the apps are all rounded and small. Although I do like the digital crown feature as I think it would make me feel like a spy or something. All they really had to do was take one of those old nanos add features to communicate with your phone and a wrist band and it would be fine.

each to their own on this - like all devices, they have fans & haters. lol

personally, ive stayed away from apple ever since I had 1 for work a few years back, too restrictive in their special lil 'eco system'.

I just couldnt do the things I wanted, went to HTC, then Swapped to Samsung & have never looked back.

The smartwatches that are coming out are pretty big!

Il be going with the Samsung Gear Fit later this year when I upgrade my phone - it has the basic functionality of some phone features & lots of fitness features im wanting - exactly what Im looking for.

I was hoping the the next Gear to be released might be an option - but its HUGE!! not a good look for someone with tiny wrists & hands!

Guessing a lot of the large smartwatches will deter a lot of women. I could be wrong though?

But you can't change the bands on it and it only comes in two colors. The bands and colors are what they nailed on the Apple watch. 

That is true. Apple offers more customizability, no doubt about. It still doesn't change my view on the design and purpose of a watch, though.

Yeah i feel you, i mean design wise Apple is supposed to be on the Top, this is like a typical smartwatch, nothing special , just another square watch,

But, regardless, I mean considering you can buy an apple product , you should go for high tier watch with that kinda price tag, like real watch like omega..

Details separate people.

The point is not the it doesn't need it, but that they're selling you these low end specs for such high prices.

And i thought the processor rumor was confirmed, but i guess not

But think about this, if i sell you a $2k desktop with 64gb of ram (lets assume you don't need that ram), would you buy it? It is definitely not over priced but you surely would look at other options offering you better specs elsewhere right?

I see a lot of discussion of it not being circle, and that it matter for some reason, but why does it really matter whether a watch is round or square if it is digital? Aside from personal preferences, I can't see how the watch being square is a negative, you don't have to like the way looks (personal preferences), but to simply state that its not any good because its not shaped like a less functional circle, that I don't get.

I see a lot of discussion of it not being circle, and that it matter for some reason, but why does it really matter whether a watch is round or square if it is digital? Aside from personal preferences, I can't see how the watch being square is a negative, you don't have to like the way looks (personal preferences), but to simply state that its not any good because its not shaped like a less functional circle, that I don't get.

A smartwatch is just supposed to be an extension of a watch, not replace it. Apple kinda ballsed it up IMO, they should have made it circle and based around a timepiece like format

The reason not being circle is an issue is it's almost too much change in one go. We're already adding more functionality/forced aesthetics, so leaving it a circle is the last shred of normalcy in the watch. 

Also, the majority of people like circles more as an aesthetic choice, but as you said, that's still an opinion.

Sorry to disagree with you, but i don't see how a Macbook Pro is ugly and grotesque

But i do agree that this thing is ridiculous, i was expecting something more classy

If i could have any laptop under 1k, it would propably be a macbook

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

It's not all gloss finishes. Again, watch the keynote. I honestly don't even think you should be commenting on this product because it's becoming less and less clear how much you actually know about it.

Eh, it was relatively civil till the end their.

It happens

Until you called me a dense piece of shit, yes.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's not all gloss finishes. Again, watch the keynote. I honestly don't even think you should be commenting on this product because it's becoming less and less clear how much you actually know about it.

Until you called me a dense piece of shit, yes.

:D

Or until you insulted all teenagers, y'know

Or until you insulted all teenagers, y'know

You still haven't brought up a valid insult. I was never trying to insult you. I was a teenager at one point myself, too.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

A smartwatch is just supposed to be an extension of a watch, not replace it. Apple kinda ballsed it up IMO, they should have made it circle and based around a timepiece like format

The reason not being circle is an issue is it's almost too much change in one go. We're already adding more functionality/forced aesthetics, so leaving it a circle is the last shred of normalcy in the watch.

Also, the majority of people like circles more as an aesthetic choice, but as you said, that's still an opinion.

Still using rotary dial on your smart phone? Even physical buttons for input? One reason for the square is efficient design for displaying information.

Apple shouldn't be building a watch for the past, but for the future, if anything they didn't go far enough.

Still using rotary dial on your smart phone? Even physical buttons for input? One reason for the square is efficient design for displaying information.

Apple shouldn't be building a watch for the past, but for the future, if anything they didn't go far enough.

Didn't go far enough? I think that's one of two ways they could have handled it. I personally think you either stick with the watch philosophy or go all out, and apple kinda did neither...

Didn't go far enough? I think that's one of two ways they could have handled it. I personally think you either stick with the watch philosophy or go all out, and apple kinda did neither...

That is a reasonable analysis.