Holy mother of bad looking smartwatches

Norman_the_Owl

I don't think it looks bad per say, just it doesn't look as good as other smart watches

I personally thought the round aesthetic came out kinda tacky. I thought the samsung watches, as mediocre as they were, had a better aesthetic. Not that i think they look good, but still better

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I'd honestly love a smartwatch, mainly just to play around with it.

However, most of them are way too pricey for my taste, and the cheap ones are crap build quality...

Doesn't really help that Apple is releasing their own, especially if it's more pricier than others, but can you use it with Android phones? Or does it only communicate with iDevices?

I'd honestly love a smartwatch, mainly just to play around with it.

However, most of them are way too pricey for my taste, and the cheap ones are crap build quality...

Doesn't really help that Apple is releasing their own, especially if it's more pricier than others, but can you use it with Android phones? Or does it only communicate with iDevices?

Only iphones, afaik. It's a shame, but not surprising

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Honestly I'd rather save $100 and get a pebble steel. It looks allot more professional and most likely has a far superior battwry

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

What does windows bias have to do with not liking the look of the watch?

If somethings ugly, it's ugly. It doesnt matter if i'm a disciple of GabeN or whoever, that doesn't influence my tastes aesthetically.

I vastly prefer Zkt0wHu.png

to the Android watches. The square screen is very practical, and the whole thing is just very unobtrusive. You don't have to like the design. Not everyone will. I do, however, as do a lot of others.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

You've never held it, how can you tell it's got good build quality?

It's not even fully finished yet, how can you tell it's seemless?

We don't specs, how do you even know it's got a good display?

And what charger? I've seen no charger

1. It's Apple. Dude, if you can't at least admit that Apple's gear is always seamless and well-designed, GTFO.]

2. ^

3. He stated it was a Retina display, so the PPI will be reasonably high, considering the icons and such can get a bit small.

4. They showed off the WIRELESS inductive charger- it's a magnetic one that grips the underside of the watch.

I vastly prefer 

to the Android watches. The square screen is very practical, and the whole thing is just very unobtrusive. You don't have to like the design. Not everyone will. I do, however, as do a lot of others.

Don't forget the three versions- one has an anodized finish (think a MacBook's finish), so it's matte and a little less obvious.

Then you have the 14 karat gold version, which will probably cost $999 and is way too gaudy for my taste. But for some, it's a nice transfer from one gold watch to another, instead of forcing chrome on everyone.

How about the Samsung Galaxy S2? The S2 was slapping the iPhone 4S on all the benchmarks, was cheaper, had better battery life (what a surprise), and other things aswell. I'm sure there were other phones out too who could also compete with the 4S.

And I really cba buying a smartwatch. Maybe in a couple years, but right now it's not worth it imo.

That's the 4s, the 4 was different. It was the thinnest, had the best screen and the best build quality. I don't think many people even considered Samsung phones until the S3, who cares about phone benchmarks. When it came out the 4 was the one to get. Now it isn't so easy.

It looks better than the original Galaxy Gear, but in terms of just looks I'd even rather have an original Pebble, not to mention the Pebble Steel options. Other than that, the only price I've seen ($300 at least) is way too much. I'm going to be specific about this: "too much" isn't necessarily the same as "overpriced". Maybe there really is something here over competitors at a lower price, but I can't even justify $200 for any smartwatch and even $150 doesn't seem like enough for a slightly more convenient way to check texts. I haven't checked everything about it (not sure about this "Taptile" feedback thing, though it doesn't sound particularly useful, and I doubt the "retina" really means much in the end but who knows) but I've heard like... the ability to sketch pictures? That will probably only work if you send them to somebody else also with an iPhone? I can't even sketch a recognizable image on my phone let alone a tiny screen sliding about on my wrist. The "wheel" thing seems completely useless compared to, say, moving a finger on the screen... though I guess it would be better than the pinching motion when it comes to zoom on such a small screen.

Have you guys seen the apple smartwatch?

Man, does it look mediocre of what? It's really nothing special. I do like the band though, it's a good design.

I feel like apple has lost it's mojo

Edit: The OS is definitely going to make it or break it. If it makes sense and is better than android wear which is ...well...android wear...apple might have a decent product

Apple lost it's mojo soon after it lost Steve Jobs. IMO of course.

For those of you who haven't seen it: 

applewatch-32-580-100.jpg

I admit, it looks awful. It looks more like a child's toy than a new piece of technology. I'll be sticking with my SW2 I think. 

0fa7fda4dd.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

These apple haters are making me cringe. I actually like the iWatch. A lot. More than Samsung's faux watch.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why is that people don't realize if there is no competition, nothing will be improved. For example Russian car manufacturer lady. They have made the same exact car same everything everything. Let's just hope that Apple hit the head on the nail with this one to push android smart watch makers to push forward innovation. And honestly the iwatch looks better then what we have in terms of Android. I can't wait for the next gen android smart watches.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Personally don't like the style but do see potential in the OS they created. For now, I will stick with my Moto 360 (If it ever arrives)

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

i think it looks great

i never really was a fan of apple products but the iphone 6 and the watch is an exception :P

Oh god, so rekt

Oh god, so rekt

@AMorassOfPixelz

@Builder

He gets so much wrong about it I'm almost surprised it's him talking.

Samsung wouldn't design a product like that, nor would any other manufacturer that isn't design focused like Apple is. He pulls the "put an Apple logo on it and it sells" bit which is not provable nor true, and doesn't understand what the digital crown is for either. The digital crown replaces pinch to zoom because pinch to zoom is impractical on a small screen, as evidenced by the keynote. Left handed users can flip the watch around and the crown is on the right side. I could think of more but I don't have the time right now.

The reality is this beats the pulp out of the Android smart watches, especially if it has good battery life. The build quality and materials are unmatched. He's saying it's not finger friendly, but then doesn't explain why. Whether or not you think smart watches are necessary, it's kind of strange the complaints he has with it. 

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

just as ugly and grotesque as all of apple's products

Sorry to disagree with you, but i don't see how a Macbook Pro is ugly and grotesque

But i do agree that this thing is ridiculous, i was expecting something more classy

Sorry to disagree with you, but i don't see how a Macbook Pro is ugly and grotesque

But i do agree that this thing is ridiculous, i was expecting something more classy

Well, the bands are interchangeable, so you can change from sporty to active to classy. The Samsung Gear or even the Moto 360 don't have interchangeable bands, do they?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, the bands are interchangeable, so you can change from sporty to active to classy. The Samsung Gear or even the Moto 360 don't have interchangeable bands, do they?

I did not know that, this is actually pretty cool

I did not know that, this is actually pretty cool

Even that got me pumped.

The FaceBook pro looks like paper

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

I think it looks like a chat bubble. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

First time I saw it, I puked in my mouth a bit

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8