Holy mother of bad looking smartwatches

Norman_the_Owl

Have you guys seen the apple smartwatch?

Man, does it look mediocre of what? It's really nothing special. I do like the band though, it's a good design.

I feel like apple has lost it's mojo

Edit: The OS is definitely going to make it or break it. If it makes sense and is better than android wear which is ...well...android wear...apple might have a decent product

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Have you guys seen the apple smartwatch?

Man, does it look mediocre of what? It's really nothing special. I do like the band though, it's a good design.

I feel like apple has lost it's mojo

They never had mojo, they had a hipster following, which lead others to think it was a worthwhile product, and now they just sell on the principle that something is better because an apple logo is on it.

Edit: Or at least worth 3 to 4 times as much because it has an apple logo on it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They never had mojo, they had a hipster following, which lead others to think it was a worthwhile product, and now they just sell on the principle that something is better because an apple logo is on it.

Edit: Or at least worth 3 to 4 times as much because it has an apple logo on it.

Their older mobile products were actually pretty revolutionary.

The only way they are revolutionary now is they continually put out bad products that sell well

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

For those of you who haven't seen it: 

applewatch-32-580-100.jpg

I admit, it looks awful. It looks more like a child's toy than a new piece of technology. I'll be sticking with my SW2 I think. 

just as ugly and grotesque as all of apple's products

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

The only way they are revolutionary now is they continually put out bad products that sell well

Apple products are far away from being bad. They have extremely nice build quality and solid warranty. Overpriced? Yes. Over-hyped? definitely.

Life.exe is missing

Yeah when the iPhone 4 came out, that phone was far and away the best phone for the next few years. Absolutely no question. Not any competitor had anything near as good. They seem to just still be riding on the iPhone 4 train IMO.

I really like the Motorola 360, that looks so awesome and then you see... that... Really a let down when it comes to the design.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

For those of you who haven't seen it: 

I admit, it looks awful. It looks more like a child's toy than a new piece of technology. I'll be sticking with my SW2 I think. 

Eww. I saw some concepts and got all exicted  but now... Nope. Not happening. Moto 360 here I come. 

I'll be sticking with the clock built into my phone. Only way I'm buying a "smart watch" is if it comes as a pocket watch (the only real watch mind you, is a pocket watch)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Apple products are far away from being bad. They have extremely nice build quality and solid warranty. Overpriced? Yes. Over-hyped? definitely.

They've only got one gigabyte of ram apiece, have low res screens (the new large one is 1080p though. Good, but not spectacular for 5.5 inches) and not very impressive processors.

And holy mother of pricetags

just as ugly and grotesque as all of apple's products

If Apple has one good thing,it's the design of their products.

You can't say all apple's products are ugly...except this watch.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

If Apple has one good thing,it's the design of their products.

You can't say all apple's products are ugly...except this watch.

Their products make me want to vomit

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

They've only got one gigabyte of ram apiece, have low res screens (the new large one is 1080p though. Good, but not spectacular for 5.5 inches) and not very impressive processors.

You don't understand then, the new iPhone doesn't need more than 1GB of RAM. With iOS 8 everything is snappy. I can't quite explain it, which makes you think this is false information, but Linus said on some WAN show what I have just said.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Ill stick to a nice classy dumb watch, women like those better (unless you like hipsters)

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

I honestly don't mind the look of it. I like square watches so that might help.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

1).iOS doesn't need a lot of ram to run smoothly, so this argument is invalid

2)That I will agree with you on. Although some people will probably not notice the difference between this and 1080p/1440p

3)We don't know the processing power of it yet so we can't say anything about it

4)I already mentioned in my last post that their stuff is overpriced

Life.exe is missing

Their products make me want to vomit

I can't tell if you are trolling or hating on apple for some other reason or you honestly don't like their design but everyone i entitled to their own opinion :)

I'll never buy anything from apple but i like them aesthetically.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

1).iOS doesn't need a lot of ram to run smoothly, so this argument is invalid

2)That I will agree with you on. Although some people will probably not see individual pixels

3)We don't know the processing power of it yet so we can't say anything about it

4)I already mentioned in my last post that their stuff is overpriced

The point is not the it doesn't need it, but that they're selling you these low end specs for such high prices.

And i thought the processor rumor was confirmed, but i guess not

I can't tell if you are trolling or hating on apple for some other reason or you honestly don't like their design but everyone i entitled to their own opinion :)

I'll never buy anything from apple but i like them aesthetically.

Their products are so simple it makes me feel like they're giving me special ed or something

Its fugly and It's for white people the strap says otherwise :lol:

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Samsung Gear S looks better then this.

From IFA2014

IFA-Samsung_280.jpg

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

Samsung Gear S looks better then this.

From IFA2014

IFA-Samsung_280.jpg

And lets be honest, that's still not that good looking...

yeah I don't really care about the watch at all, if it looked better and worked on android then I would buy one.... might. Prefer to have battery life over lot of features, only need to see the time and who is texting me so I don't have to get my phone out.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520