LTT 3DMark Thread

5 hours ago, Dark said:

It what 3dmark lists, not sure if that was the actual or not.

Not sure.  Literally just pulled them from the box to replace with Titans.  The system is benchmarking right now.

*edit* just checked under timespy and it listed a mem clock of 1,251 Mhz

I'm surprised that the CPU score isn't higher.

Vellinious
Benchmark: Firestrike
CPU: 6950X @ 4.4/4.5/4.6
GPU: 2 x GTX 1080 FTW
GPU Core: 2151
GPU Memory: 1375 MHz

Score: 32970
3DMark Link:  http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10662253

UiSk3Kb.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

12 hours ago, done12many2 said:

I'm surprised that the CPU score isn't higher.

Only has a base clock of 2.3ghz. 

4 minutes ago, Dark said:

Only has a base clock of 2.3ghz. 

Looks like turbo was working during the run so I think it might have been higher than 2.3 GHz.

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

Looks like turbo was working during the run so I think it might have been higher than 2.3 GHz.

I wouldn't doubt it, but max turbo is 3.3ghz (usually see 2.9-3.1 across multiple cores).  It would get a good score jump if it were in the 3.5ghz+ range.

Just now, Dark said:

I wouldn't doubt it, but max turbo is 3.3ghz (usually see 2.9-3.1 across multiple cores).  It would get a good score jump if it were in the 3.5ghz+ range.

No doubt with that many cores!

So low! xD

Spent a few minutes raising the clocks with little success.  Rather then get them to a point where the fans are screaming and the temps are high, I am just going to wait until my water loop arrives.  Maybe then I'll have cooler cards and the same low score O.o

CPU: E5-2695v3

GPU: 2x Titan X (Pascal)

--Core(fs): 1,848 Mhz

--Mem(fs): 1,251 Mhz

Firestrike(23979): http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10659991 24961 - http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15816566?

Time Spy(14325): http://www.3dmark.com/spy/672776

IMG_0284.JPG

20 minutes ago, Dark said:

So low! xD

Spent a few minutes raising the clocks with little success.  Rather then get them to a point where the fans are screaming and the temps are high, I am just going to wait until my water loop arrives.  Maybe then I'll have cooler cards and the same low score O.o

CPU: E5-2695v3

GPU: 2x Titan X (Pascal)

--Core(fs): 1,848 Mhz

--Mem(fs): 1,251 Mhz

Firestrike(23979): http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10659991

Time Spy(14325): http://www.3dmark.com/spy/672776

Yeah, definitely get a custom loop on that beast.  You can't have pesky 8 and 10 core HWE and BWE chips outscoring you.  :D

What's the rig for?  Interesting choice on CPU/GPUs.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Yeah, definitely get a custom loop on that beast.  You can't have pesky 8 and 10 core HWE and BWE chips outscoring you.  :D

What's the rig for?  Interesting choice on CPU/GPUs.

xD

The 8 and 10 core upper tier consumer chips will eat this one on most benchmarks that aren't thread heavy, it just doesn't have the clock power.

About a year ago I was using this rig to run a mock environment of systems at the office that I could push patches/changes to.  I have since migrated that to a couple of Dell servers (R320, R730xd) so now this one is completely under utilized.  It would be nice to swap in a consumer chip but I don't think I'd notice much outside of benchmarks.

4 minutes ago, Dark said:

xD

The 8 and 10 core upper tier consumer chips will eat this one on most benchmarks that aren't thread heavy, it just doesn't have the clock power.

About a year ago I was using this rig to run a mock environment of systems at the office that I could push patches/changes to.  I have since migrated that to a couple of Dell servers (R320, R730xd) so now this one is completely under utilized.  It would be nice to swap in a consumer chip but I don't think I'd notice much outside of benchmarks.

You'd be surprised how much clock speed comes in to play with some games and daily usage.  I run 4 of my cores at 4.9 with a per core overclock just because it makes things really snappy.  As core count utilization increases, clock speed automatically drops to a final 4.6 on all 8.  I notice a huge difference compared to running at the default 3.0 / 3.5 speeds.

If you don't need that many cores anymore, maybe you can sell the chip and roll that into an Extreme Edition chip?

6 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You'd be surprised how much clock speed comes in to play with some games and daily usage.  I run 4 of my cores at 4.9 with a per core overclock just because it makes things really snappy.  As core count utilization increases, clock speed automatically drops to a final 4.6 on all 8.  I notice a huge difference compared to running at the default 3.0 / 3.5 speeds.

If you don't need that many cores anymore, maybe you can sell the chip and roll that into an Extreme Edition chip?

Definitely something to think about. 

22 hours ago, Technicolors said:

So 3DMark released VRMark today, which is VR benchmarking but without the headset so it's done on your display. 

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/futuremark-vrmark-download.html

they had demo of it for a while, guess it should be included with the advanced edition?

awww... they released as a separate product...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I bought it on Steam for 9.99...played with it a little bit last night.  Apparently my rig isn't good enough for the "blue room" benchmark.  lol

GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

25 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

I bought it on Steam for 9.99...played with it a little bit last night.  Apparently my rig isn't good enough for the "blue room" benchmark.  lol

Reality-Check

Suddenly this doesn't feel as sarcastic, does it?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

23 minutes ago, DXMember said:

Reality-Check

Suddenly this doesn't feel as sarcastic, does it?

I don't have time to listen to over an hour of 40 year old guys in mommy's basement bitching about stuff....is there a TLDR version?

10 hours ago, Vellinious said:

I don't have time to listen to over an hour of 40 year old guys in mommy's basement bitching about stuff....is there a TLDR version?

.... the link is timestamped you click it and listen for 15 seconds for a good laugh

1 hour ago, DXMember said:

.... the link is timestamped you click it and listen for 15 seconds for a good laugh

I'll take a listen tomorrow.  

18 hours ago, Vellinious said:

Apparently my rig isn't good enough for the "blue room" benchmark.  lol

What happened to the Titan XP that you had?  I thought that you were doing an XP SLI?

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

What happened to the Titan XP that you had?  I thought that you were doing an XP SLI?

Was going to.  I didn't like the Titan.  As powerful as it was, it just seemed so fragile....it took all the fun of overclocking away.  I'm not the kind of guy that's going to hardware mod a $1200 GPU to avoid a power limit that should have been set higher from the factory, and with the likelihood that we're just not going to get a pascal bios editor....a GPU that wouldn't be bashing it's head against the power limit every time I add 100mhz to the core, seemed like a much better idea.  lol

I sold it to a buddy of mine and kept the 1080 FTWs, instead.  Was a fun experiment, but....not my thing.

Lowered the ambient 5c today and pushed the GPUs for a while.  Might try to go 10c lower next weekend and see if I can extend it out a bit more.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.3
GPU: 2 x GTX 1080 FTW 
GPU Core: 2202
GPU Memory: 5556

Score: 15769

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/688549

2vBUDzm.jpg

2 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

GPU Core: 2202

DZk7hq2.gif

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

7 hours ago, Festive said:

use the template

Benchmark: (Fire Strike, Fire Strike Extreme, Sky Diver)
CPU: 
GPU:
GPU Core:
GPU Memory:
Score:
3DMark Link:

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

CPU: Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.4
GPU: GTX 1080 FTW 
GPU Core: 2189
GPU Memory: 5567

Score: 8867

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/699181

Qj0JKKR.jpg