iPhone 6 - Live Stream and All Updates (FINALLY FORMATTED(ish))

Apple, put a larger battery in rather than making them thinner. BTW, couldn't they fit one more row of icons?

They did. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

uk contract prices are out and it has sealled it for me i wont get one the 6+ is £44 and 150 on top no thanks

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

We'll after my 5s I am going back to android. I'm disappointed the smaller phone has worse specs and 5.5 doesn't have the great of specs to start with.

uk contract prices are out and it has sealled it for me i wont get one the 6+ is £44 and 150 on top no thanks

With who ? Every site I go to is down :(

With who ? Every site I go to is down :(

voda on the carphone wearhouse site

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Preordering was a hilarious process, but I managed to get my family the ones. I'm okay with waiting for mine in 3-4 weeks, I ain't even mad. 

Preordering was a hilarious process, but I managed to get my family the ones. I'm okay with waiting for mine in 3-4 weeks, I ain't even mad. 

I personally avoid preordering, regardless of the companies involved. I did it only once, for a non-tech item, and I was happy with my decision, but it is not something I would normally like to do.

I'd wait as well, but for different reasons. Currently my 4S is still running like butter, and until my phone breaks, either physically or electronically, I will have no need to buy a new phone.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

release day phone FTW

Preordering was a hilarious process

It always is.... I'm glad I decided (for now), not to get the 6 as I think its going to be too big... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

release day phone FTW

It always is.... I'm glad I decided (for now), not to get the 6 as I think its going to be too big... 

By some hilarious fluke, my in store reservation ensures that I'll get it on launch day while the ones I ordered for my brother and dad will arrive later in October. 

MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. 

Maybe less muahahaha, I'll still actually have to be at a store by 8am to pick it up, and I genuinely hate crowds and never entirely got into the "lets camp outside for 5 hours for a phone" thing. 

By some hilarious fluke, my in store reservation ensures that I'll get it on launch day while the ones I ordered for my brother and dad will arrive later in October. 

MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. 

Maybe less muahahaha, I'll still actually have to be at a store by 8am to pick it up, and I genuinely hate crowds and never entirely got into the "lets camp outside for 5 hours for a phone" thing. 

lol 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

These look really good, as always by Apple. They also did a good job showing it off on their website. They really are great at making things look good.

I'll have to say that I'm not very excited about this release. The phones seem to get bigger and bigger, and for me, that's completely pointless. The iPhone 5 is a good size for me, anything greater feels like overkill. Might just be prejudice against big phones though :P I guess its all about getting used to it.

These look really good, as always by Apple. They also did a good job showing it off on their website. They really are great at making things look good.

I'll have to say that I'm not very excited about this release. The phones seem to get bigger and bigger, and for me, that's completely pointless. The iPhone 5 is a good size for me, anything greater feels like overkill. Might just be prejudice against big phones though :P I guess its all about getting used to it.

You are not the only one; I find the 4.7 to be barely tolerable, but the 5.5 to be facepalm-worthy.

Can somebody please explain to me why phablets are a thing? I do not buy into this "bigger is better" spiel that everybody is screaming nowadays.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

You are not the only one; I find the 4.7 to be barely tolerable, but the 5.5 to be facepalm-worthy.

Can somebody please explain to me why phablets are a thing? I do not buy into this "bigger is better" spiel that everybody is screaming nowadays.

Bigger screen = more content on the screen = less scrolling needed/better experience when watching movies/playing games etc.

Also, bigger battery which is why devices with big screens often have better battery life. In the case of the iPhone you also get OIS which I am a huge fan of.

Bigger screen = more content on the screen = less scrolling needed/better experience when watching movies/playing games etc.

Also, bigger battery which is why devices with big screens often have better battery life. In the case of the iPhone you also get OIS which I am a huge fan of.

The battery life on large phones is kinda the best. 

Till battery tech really becomes that much better, you can only shove more of a battery into something than you can improve the chemical mixture. 

Though I'm still a little baffled at how long the phablets can last lately. Friends Note 3 will power through 1.5-2 days without needing a charge. Thats something I whole heartily approve of having. 

Fair point, but they are a hybrid between a phone and a tablet, hence called a phablet (that is so punny /s). IMHO When you have a hybrid product, it ends up failing to accomplish either goal. It does not have nearly enough power for tablet-type tasks, and it tends not to be very pocket-friendly.

Also, I would prefer the physical battery efficiency to improve, rather than just putting a bigger sized battery. I'm not saying that it is a bad idea, but I feel that it reduces the overall point of having a "good battery".

I like small phones, but I am sadly a minority in that opinion. 

Till battery tech really becomes that much better, you can only shove more of a battery into something than you can improve the chemical mixture. 

Though I'm still a little baffled at how long the phablets can last lately. Friends Note 3 will power through 1.5-2 days without needing a charge. Thats something I whole heartily approve of having. 

Lately I've actually putt less and less value on battery life in phones. They have already gotten to the point (at least with the ~5" phones with modern hardware) where you can easily go a full day of pretty heavy use.

What I want is wireless charging to become more widespread. Imagine having wireless charging integrated into tables at restaurants, schools, work places, your computer desk and so on. You wouldn't even think of having to recharge your phone because you'd do it without thinking multiple times a day.

Longer battery life is of course always good, but I would like to see some more effort being put into the recharging aspect as well.

Fair point, but they are a hybrid between a phone a tablet, hence called a phablet (that is so punny /s). IMHO When you have a hybrid product, it ends up failing to accomplish either goal. It does not have nearly enough power for tablet-type tasks, and it tends not to be very pocket-friendly.

Also, I would prefer the physical battery efficiency to improve, rather than just putting a bigger sized battery. I'm not saying that it is a bad idea, but I feel that it reduces the overall point of having a "good battery".

I like small phones, but I am sadly a minority in that opinion. 

Not sure about you, but I can put a 5.5" phone in my pocket just fine. I have always used my phones with two hands anyway. Even with my Galaxy S 2 I put it in landscape and typed with two hands because it was far faster.

You can't really do that much regarding the "it doesn't fit in my pants" part (other than getting new pants) but I think the "it's hard to use" part is mostly about what you're used to.

Not sure about you, but I can put a 5.5" phone in my pocket just fine. I have always used my phones with two hands anyway. Even with my Galaxy S 2 I put it in landscape and typed with two hands because it was far faster.

You can't really do that much regarding the "it doesn't fit in my pants" part (other than getting new pants) but I think the "it's hard to use" part is mostly about what you're used to.

Are you talking about these pants? :P

ipad-pants-1.jpg

On a personal note, I would like to keep as small of a luggage as possible on my pants (that's what she said).

Battery life for phones is really not that important to me. As long as it lasts through a school day, I'm fine. And right now, the iPhone 5 does that just fine. I charge it every night, since I listen to music through it while falling asleep. There is this uncertainty that my phone will die having Spotify and an alarm turned on. Even if I know that my phone will last several days, I think I'd still charge it every night like I do now. I just refuse to risk not waking up in time, thanks to letting my phone lie there without charging. 

This whole big battery thing is interesting though, I mean there are people that can take advantage of it. It just doesn't suit my lifestyle.

Are you talking about these pants? :P

ipad-pants-1.jpg

On a personal note, I would like to keep as small of a luggage as possible on my pants (that's what she said).

My Nexus 7 can fit in any pair of pants i own, even my pair of khakis that don't fit correctly because the waist is too small. a 5.5" phone shouldn't be hard.

My Nexus 7 can fit in any pair of pants i own, even my pair of khakis that don't fit correctly because the waist is too small. a 5.5" phone shouldn't be hard.

A 5.5" does not necessarily fit in every pants pocket ever made, but I get your point. That post was a deliberate exaggeration for the LOLz.

A 5.5" does not necessarily fit in every pants pocket ever made, but I get your point. That post was a deliberate exaggeration for the LOLz.

No, my nexus 7 fits in every pair of pants, if you are wearing dress pants you should keep your phone in your pocket and if you are wearing skinny jeans you are probably a skinny emo goth person who has small hands so you won't be buying the 6+

No, my nexus 7 fits in every pair of pants, if you are wearing dress pants you should keep your phone in your pocket and if you are wearing skinny jeans you are probably a skinny emo goth person who has small hands so you won't be buying the 6+

"skinny emo goth person who has small hands"; I had a good laugh at that, I will not lie. :)

Like I said, I understood you. It may fit in a pair of pants, but when you put a larger phone than normal, it starts to feel awkward and uncomfortable after a while (for me, at least).

Like what @LAwLz said, it is based on what you are used to.