iPhone 6 - Live Stream and All Updates (FINALLY FORMATTED(ish))

6plus.jpg

Here it all is, I'm going to try and organize everything nicely and neatly so its more easily manoeuvred. Hope you guys enjoyed this. 

ag4tulmuuk0cexxu04zm.jpg

iPhone 6

You get 16GB, 64GB and 128GB. 4.7" screen, A8/M8 chips

oslrgv1oa9cnuirowvqo.jpg

iphone6plussecond002_verge_super_wide.jp

iphone6plus009_verge_super_wide.jpg

iphone6plus004_verge_super_wide.jpg

iPhone 6 Plus

You get a 16GB, 64GB and 128GB, 5.5" screen, A8/M8 chips

6plusprice.jpg

Apple-6_verge_super_wide.jpg

Apple-7_verge_super_wide.jpg

DSC_7966-2040_verge_super_wide.jpg

iWatch

apple-watch-theverge-7_1320_verge_super_

apple-watch-theverge-2_1320_verge_super_

apple-watch-2-theverge-2_1320_verge_supe

Handy chart for all the differences

4kp07Z9.png

MORE UPDATES (All the random shots and screens and everything else)

Everything below the spoilers is just the random shots and info I added, its sorta the rough deal and not at thorough. 

Cook is flying through this intro, skipping over numbers and going right into device discussion, and you can kinda see how the 3G and 3GS were the ugly ducklings (lol Verge) of the iPhone family

DSC_4434.jpg

DSC_4443.jpg

DSC_4451.jpg

Retinda HD display, Stainless steel side band, glass that curves to the sides on the front, aluminum back

1334 x 750 and 1920 x 1080 resolutions

DSC_4459.jpg

DSC_4462.jpg

DSC_4472.jpg

DSC_4465.jpg

DSC_4505.jpg

DSC_4507.jpg

DSC_4511.jpg

DSC_4529.jpg

DSC_4563.jpg

THAT BATTERY LIFE 

DSC_4566.jpg

Also the M8 co processor

DSC_4569.jpg

DSC_4621.jpg

DSC_4612.jpg

Digital and Optical Image stabilization system

DSC_4647.jpg

DSC_4631.jpg

I was really hoping for 4K recording...   :(

Can do 240fps slow mo and video stabilization 

DSC_4666.jpg

DSC_4675.jpg

Continuous AF works in videos now (thats actually hard to pull off for any camera, so kudos to that)

DSC_4686.jpg

DAT Facetime HD 

Now we are into iOS 8 and my fellow @Dietrichw will take over on his thread

Maybe not. We have some new cases in silicon and leather

DSC_4719.jpg

And pricing!

DSC_4724.jpg

DSC_4727.jpg

DSC_4738.jpg

DSC_4743.jpg

DSC_4822.jpg

DSC_4827.jpg

DSC_4846.jpg

DSC_4840.jpg

DSC_4902.jpg

They seem to have gone HAM on getting as many partners as they can for this, a lot of the big ones of course. 

AppleEvent_0383.jpg

I think Apple just #rekt Paypals method, since Apple Pay works online too. 

AWE SHIT ITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN

I think

DSC_4938.jpg

WAAAAAATCH. I mean KHAAAAAAAAAAN. No, I mean watch.
AppleEvent_0440.jpg

AppleEvent_0452.jpg

DSC_4967.jpg

AppleEvent_0468.jpg

DSC_5000.jpg

Has a "digital crown" because Cook said pinch to zoom would suck on a watch

AppleEvent_0518.jpg

The Watch touchscreen also senses force, and has a sapphire screen. By force, I think they mean it has some "resistive screen" properties in being able to tell where you pressed, aka using it with gloves? Or some magic like that. I don't know, its like witchcraft. 

DSC_5082.jpg

DSC_5129.jpg

AppleEvent_0649.jpg

Two different sizes of watch, 3 versions

DSC_5146.jpg

AppleEvent_0658.jpg

Also, the "Force Touch" is a new right click on the watches, which seems pretty handy 

DSC_5186.jpg

Obligatory Sources: Gizmodo, Engadget, Google, Reddit, The Verge

Livestream links:

http://live.gizmodo.com/our-new-iphone-liveblog-starts-right-here-on-9-9-at-1pm-1629704968/+ericlimer

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/09/apple-iphone-event-2014/

http://live.theverge.com/apple-iphone-iwatch-live-blog/

http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/

Here is a re-stream of the ..stream: 

http://www.ustream.tv/ltktv
Disclaimer: I have no idea how legit this streamer is, and there is apparently music while it counts down (its loud).

Edit: another way to watch the stream using VLC (windows etc.): http://www.extremete...ows-and-android
cc: @MrE

I'll try, but Apple's events sometimes infuriate. But I'm definitely looking forward to their products this year. Finally can see whether or not those leaks were true.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

i really hopes this works

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Obligatory post here.

"iPhones are the best"

"No Android is the best"

Now that's out of the way...

Seriously though hoping for a good phone, I've used an Android phone the last two years and would like a 5 inch iPhone.

I'll try, but Apple's events sometimes infuriate. But I'm definitely looking forward to their products this year. Finally can see whether or not those leaks were true.

I'm excited because this is the first iPhone I buy new, probably on Day 1. Dunno why, but maybe the timing of needing to upgrade and a new phone launch finally lined up, and it happened to be Apple with the new contender. 

i really hopes this works

I hope people stay even headed and not descend into straight up asshattery for once when it comes to an Apple post

Obligatory post here.

"iPhones are the best"

"No Android is the best"

Now that's out of the way...

Seriously though hoping for a good phone, I've used an Android phone the last two years and would like a 5 inch iPhone.

You forgot PCMASTERRACE but yes, I agree. 5.5" might be too big but 4.7 could be nice,

I don't really think 5.5'' is that big. Granted they actually improve the ridiculous bezel size.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

If the idea that other people like Apple bothers you, why don't you just leave this forum and the internet entirely? 

This is LinusTECHTips. We are allowed to talk about these things. Its tech. If you are so bothered, just leave and let the rest of us prosper in TECH news.

You're not any better than those "fanatics" with your attitude. 

Haha I thought my post would solve the fanboyism. I don't understand why others put down other products because they don't have any interest in buying them.

Phone X being better than phone Y doesn't make phone Y any worse. It just means whoever made phone Y will make an even better phone next time around so everyone wins.

Can I watch it from apple's website? (Chrome, W8.1)

No, you need something made by apple. Even using safari on windows wont work.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Can I watch it from apple's website? (Chrome, W8.1)

No sadly.. its retarded. This is what it says under the event page: "Live streaming video requires Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X v10.6.8 or later."

I could only really laugh at this...

EDIT: Of cause this is only from the apple website of cause, there should be streams where it is possible - see OP

I had to beat brownninja to the punch. 

I will not be beaten by that man. 

meh, I'll probably still focus on one or two things and include more detail like software since I am a developer and have the betas. Just need to be careful and not say too much about how it runs in the beta state cause NDA

I want to watch the stream but I don't want to install stupid Safari and don't want to watch it on my iPhone either...

144Hz goodness

Can somebody please look for a working livestreaming link for windows users? 

Interested in Business and Technology

meh, I'll probably still focus on one or two things and include more detail like software since I am a developer and have the betas. Just need to be careful and not say too much about how it runs in the beta state cause NDA

I'm probably only gonna focus on hardware, since thats everyones interest it seems. I'd do iOS 8, but you called dibs and I'm sitting on the same NDA anyways so have at it. 

The Giz, Engadget, Verge streams work for Windows. Apple streams NEVER work on Windows. 

Just install safari for 5 minutes, its not hard

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Here is a re-stream of the ..stream: http://www.ustream.tv/ltktv
Disclaimer: I have no idea how legit this streamer is, and there is apparently music while it counts down (its loud).

Edit: another way to watch the stream using VLC (windows etc.): http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/189528-how-to-watch-apples-iphone-6-event-live-stream-on-windows-and-android

cc: @Victorious Secret

will it work on my rig ?

or i need to open my mac or other iDevices to Stream ??

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Even as an avid Android user, I'm still excited to see these new phones. I wouldn't choose one as my daily driver most likely, but I'd definitely like to play with one.

The iWatch will be interesting, if it's released. It might actually be a gamer changer as usual from Apple, or maybe not.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

will it work on my rig ?

or i need to open my mac or other iDevices to Stream ??

you need a mac if you use the official stream but many places are restreaming it. YAY for being one of the only people here who has a mac

Here is a re-stream of the ..stream: http://www.ustream.tv/ltktv

Edit: another way to watch the stream using VLC (windows etc.): http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/189528-how-to-watch-apples-iphone-6-event-live-stream-on-windows-and-android

cc: @Victorious Secret

I'll update the post for this, thanks!

you need a mac if you use the official stream but many places are restreaming it. YAY for being one of the only people here who has a mac

wait 

iPhone iPad can stream it too right ?

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

666 posts

Magic number, Congrats :P

- Now with added  WUB WUB -