How do I put more fans ?

rGhost

So, my mobo is ASUS Z97-K which has only 2 chasis fan 4 pin connectors and a CPU 4 pin fan connector and I can't figure out how can I put 5 fans into my case (NZXT 210 Source elite). I want two 120 mm fans at the front as intake, two 140 mm fans at the top of the case as exhaust and one 120 mm at the rear of the case as exhaust. The problem is that I don't have enough fan connectors. Now, I know I can use some fan splitters like the Noctua NA-SYC1 with which I can connect 2 fans with 4-pin PWM (which is great because I want to use Noctua NF-P12 PWM as fans) but even if I do so I'll still have a fan out (probably the rear one) so how do I connect it ? Can I also use an Y cable for the CPU connector an connect both the CPU fan an the chasis fan on it ? But if I do so the rear fan will have the same RPM adjustement as the CPU fan and that really suck. I know that probably the easiest way will be to use a fan controller (like the NZXT Sentry Mix 2 which looks gorgeous) but is there another way ? Are there any splitter for 3 fans ?

Yeah a fan controller is a good option.

solder your own circuit board and add 4 pin connectors 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Get a 3 or 5V molex plug for the fan?

Yeah but that means no PWM, right ?

solder your own circuit board and add 4 pin connectors 

And how exactly do I do that ? 

I would suggest changing the top or back fans as intake, so you have positive pressure in the case. I just made a cruel molex to 7v converter and hooked it to a splitter.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

you can either get fan controller(NZXT Sentry Mesh 2 is a good one ) as those above me said or you can do it the "cheap" way as i did and that is Y splitter in another Y splitter...the mobo headers should handle even more then 3 fans so i wouldnt worry about the wattage and stuff. There are even 5 way splitters iirc, not sure about brand and if they were 3 or 4 pin but they exist. That way you can controll your fans in zones for front top etc

Enforced Evolution - Red/Black Beast machine from "gheto" :) All 120 images

Yeah but that means no PWM, right ?

And how exactly do I do that ? 

Google is your friend :)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

PWM splitter for 3 fans exist, though they usually aren't made well. Instead of soldering the cables together they cram them all into the pins.

You could buy one of these though:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=38706

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=41001

SATA or molex, take your pick. The fan plugged into the red slot will dictate fan speeds for the others.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S