Should i take those "Dustproofers" off?

Laurysss
Go to solution Solved by SpyRosL,

But the fan gets less air doesnt it? Or i dont understand air..

Yes,the fans would get less air to push into the case.

What i'm trying to say is that there is no reason to remove them if your parts are not overheating.You are looking at only 2-3C cooler than now.

Should i take this of my case front?

bKM9B5v.jpg

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I personally would. The front of my case has the exact same foam and it is very restrictive.

Only if something is overheating.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I personally would. The front of my case has the exact same foam and it is very restrictive.

"Only"? No nothing is overheating. But you said you would? It is sucking a loooot of dust. I took the stock cooler out and i almost choked to death from dust lol..

BTW: I see you have a hyper TX3 at 4.7ghz. Woud it be good for my 8350 ? The temps on 4.4Ghz 1.385v are ~52 when gaming.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

"Only"? No nothing is overheating. But you said you would? It is sucking a loooot of dust. I took the stock cooler out and i almost choked to death from dust lol..

Then why would you want to take out the dust filter if nothing is overheating? O.o

Yes,i would is something was overheating..And it did,so i took it off.

Unless you are referring to something else and i didn't understand.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Sounds about right. You can take them off to increase airflow or reduce fan speeds, but I personally wouldn't. I prefer cleaning these to cleaning my whole system and a slightly warmer PC is totally worth it for me.

Removing them would allow more dust into your system though. Is your issue with the dust, are you looking to replace them?

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Then why would you want to take out the dust filter if nothing is overheating? O.o

Yes,i would is something was overheating..And it did,so i took it off.

Unless you are referring to something else and i didn't understand.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Sounds about right. You can take them off to increase airflow or reduce fan speeds, but I personally wouldn't. I prefer cleaning these to cleaning my whole system and a slightly warmer PC is totally worth it for me.

Removing them would allow more dust into your system though. Is your issue with the dust, are you looking to replace them?

I cant clean them. Cleaning my pc isnt a problem for me. That is from 1 year of use.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

What i'm trying to say is that there is no reason to remove them if your parts are not overheating.You are looking at only 2-3C cooler than now.

Free 3C ? Why not? I clean my pc so it isnt a prob thanks.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Free 3C ? Why not? I clean my pc so it isnt a prob thanks.

It can drop the fan noise if it is that restricted, Silverstone dust filters cause a noticeable increase in noise