Computer freezes and makes weird noise

Adler Polk

I have an acer aspire one d257 , ive owned it for about and a half now, and sometimes when i am watching videos or just surfing the web my computer will just freeze up and make a loud buzzing noise from the speakers.  This started happening about 4 months ago.  To fix this problem i have to hold the power button until the computer shuts off then i have to restart it. Is there something i can do to fix this or am i just screwed? I didnt download anything that could make it do this.  I am to the point where i want to toss this thing out of the window.  If you can help me then i would really appreciate it!

First basic question, did you clean it? Is there alot of dust buildup? If you haven´t cleaned it, try using Air on a can or a compressor to blow it out. This to me sounds like overheating.

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

I clean it every month, i even bought a laptop stand with a fan for cooling.  I just hope its not a problem with the OS

Your OS is fine. You problem is either RAM or V-RAM. 

Run Memtest86+ for at least one pass to see if you have errors. If you do, then it's a RAM problem.

Run MSI Kombuster to test out your GPU and VRAM. If you get errors, then it's either the GPU or the VRAM. 

Before we jump into replacing hardware and stuff, try updating your graphics and sound drivers. If it doesn't help, go into safe mode. open up CMD with admin privileges and type "SFC /ScanNow". What this does is, it fixes corrupted or ruined system files.

Keep us updated :)