Best AIR CPU Cooler

Go to solution Solved by BaSkA,

Is it just about the same with the Noctua, The Phantecks PH-TC14PE and be quiet dark power pro 3 fit my build well, its a white and black  build.  Are they just about the same with performance because the Noctua is more expensive than the other 2.

They have about the same performance, I believe the best and most quiet is the Noctua - hence the price.

There are quite a few tests and benchmarks with all of those: here and here for example. I believe there are plenty more out there so you can also look for them.

They say Noctua will give you new mounting brackets if you ever need them. Phanteks has many colors. The be quiet! is the best looking for me.

It's up to you and your budget. If getting the NH-D15 will be tough to pay, get a cheaper one for sligh difference in performance. Also consider the NH-D14.

You won't regret any. Good luck with your choice.

Off-topic: I don't know how good are the included thermal pastes from Phanteks/be quiet! so it might be worth getting an aftermarket one if they are not "as good" as Noctua's.

I was looking for a good air cooler for my FX-8350  on a gigabyte 990fx UD5.  Cpu is not overclocked yet, I want to get a good burn in for 1 month before I overclock.

Which one of these is great or the best out of all of them?

Gelid Solutions Black edition http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gelid-solutions-cpu-cooler-ccbedition01a

Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermalright-cpu-cooler-silverarrowibeextreme

Noctua NHD-14 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14

Noctua NHD-15 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15

Phanteks PH-TC14PE http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk

Evercool HPO-12025 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evercool-cpu-cooler-hpo12025

NH-D15, that is THE air cooler.

if you can replace fans on it though I say buy a NoiseBlocker or two and slap those on because brown is stupid (unless you have a wood themed build)

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

As above, NH-D15, but also add the bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 to the list of impressive CPU air coolers.

As above, NH-D15, but also add the bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 to the list of impressive CPU air coolers.

That was what i would suggest. It also looks pretty ballin compared to the rest. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I believe the NH-D15 is the most powerful air cooler currently available.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Since everybody else decided to repeat the exact same recommendation multiple times. I'd like to point out that the Phanteks TC14PE performs just as well as the NH-D15 and comes in a few colors that might better match your builds color scheme. The NH-D15 is great though.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

The only reason to buy the NH-D15 over the NH-D14 is the RAM clearance. If you have low profile memory modules, get the NH-D14 for 20$ cheaper and 1 or 2 ºC difference in performance.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

It is a bit big, but great performance. It is pretty much even with an h100i

Actually it beats the h100i by lots, all the coolers there except the evercool beat the h100i.

The only reason to buy the NH-D15 over the NH-D14 is the RAM clearance. If you have low profile memory modules, get the NH-D14 for 20$ cheaper and 1 or 2 ºC difference in performance.

its quite abit more than 1-2c, I personally think its worth $20

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Actually it beats the h100i by lots, all the coolers there except the evercool beat the h100i.

its quite abit more than 1-2c, I personally think its worth $20

As said before, the NH-D15 is the best air cooler on the market, however, not the best on the "buck for the bang" way of thinking.

If money/height is not a problem, NH-D15, always, obviously.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

Since everybody else decided to repeat the exact same recommendation multiple times. I'd like to point out that the Phanteks TC14PE performs just as well as the NH-D15 and comes in a few colors that might better match your builds color scheme. The NH-D15 is great though.

Is it just about the same with the Noctua, The Phantecks PH-TC14PE and be quiet dark power pro 3 fit my build well, its a white and black  build.  Are they just about the same with performance because the Noctua is more expensive than the other 2.

They have about the same performance, I believe the best and most quiet is the Noctua - hence the price.

There are quite a few tests and benchmarks with all of those: here and here for example. I believe there are plenty more out there so you can also look for them.

They say Noctua will give you new mounting brackets if you ever need them. Phanteks has many colors. The be quiet! is the best looking for me.

It's up to you and your budget. If getting the NH-D15 will be tough to pay, get a cheaper one for sligh difference in performance. Also consider the NH-D14.

You won't regret any. Good luck with your choice.

Off-topic: I don't know how good are the included thermal pastes from Phanteks/be quiet! so it might be worth getting an aftermarket one if they are not "as good" as Noctua's.

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2766&page=5

Compare the NH-D15, TC14PE and Dark Rock Pro 3 in regards to there placement on this list. You'll notice that they don't differ too much in terms of both thermal and noise performance.

The TC14PE being closer to the NH-D15 than the Dark Rock Pro 3 is, but these coolers perform very much the same when overclocking.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I'm going to get the phantecks then, thanks everyone that helped.