hi :)

Im interesting to know what do you think about these specs . is there any bottleneck ,or what should i do to get little more performance out of it ?

MB-Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

CPU-AMD Phenom II X4 945 @3200 mhz

Memory -DDR3 1600 mhz Kingston Beast

VGA- Sapphire 5770 vapor x 1 gb gddr5

PSU- Corsair 600W GS

Operating system Windows 7 64 bit

What is your upgrade budget? General purpose of the computer? It's hard to tell you what I think about the specs as I'm assuming you're planning to upgrade.

What is your upgrade budget? General purpose of the computer? It's hard to tell you what I think about the specs as I'm assuming you're planning to upgrade.

yup i am planing to upgrade, general purpose is gaming

What type of gaming are you planning to play? Large online games? Any of the Battlefield games and upcoming titles like Crysis 3, and BF4? Also what is your budget?

I would recommend, if you can squeeze the extra money into a decent GPU.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

What's your budget on upgrading so we can see what would be the best route to take?

What type of gaming are you planning to play? Large online games? Any of the Battlefield games and upcoming titles like Crysis 3, and BF4? Also what is your budget?

I would recommend, if you can squeeze the extra money into a decent GPU.

That or overclock his CPU depending on his budget.

Yea FPS like battlefield3,4 i play americas army3 online COD4 battlefield bad company ,money is not a problem ,what is ur opinion about these specs should i replace CPU and VGA card or leave the CPU overclock it and buy better VGA Card . thx

Well if money is not a problem then upgrade to the FX-8350, get a beefy air cooler like NH-D14 and overclock the living crap out of it and get a 7970.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127670

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

I'm not sure about that cooler as i have never heard of it before but as long it is able to keep the heat down when your overclocking the CPU then it should be fine.

I am not all that up on AMD CPU, but you definately need to boost that video card to be able to play some of those games as a nice FPS. Like Killerx says, look at the 7000's series line... 7870 or the 7900's... If money isn't an issue. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Don't forget Nvidia! A 680 would be perfect and so would a 7970, it is all a matter of personal preference. IF you can wait, get the upcoming 8000 series from AMD.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

If you want PhysX, Cuda and 3D then the 680 but apart from that the 680 is pretty much a more expensive card and the 7970 performs better at a lower price.

Here are your options in terms of priority:

1. Get a better GPU

2. Overclock your CPU or just get a better one

3. Get a whole new Core i5 system, if you have the money

Also, don't upgrade to an FX-8350 if you are playing games; no game can use 8 cores.

1. Get a better GPU

Also, don't upgrade to an FX-8350 if you are playing games; no game can use 8 cores.

your right that no games can use 8 cores, but i guess that having a few more could help.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Games may not take advantage of 8 cores but a new CPU would be able to push out more FPS especially games that are CPU dependent.

ssd, sound card would be nice

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

+1 Agreed

If you are a really serious gamer who is wants all the advantages you can get. A sound card with good 3D positional audio is needed. Such as the new Z-series from Creative.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

Well you know if this build does not have any money problems we could probably go on for days about what is best. So OP it might be best to give us a ballpark idea of how much you want to spend and we can go from there. BTW I have heard of that company before and I believe they are up there with the other top brands. That company is German or from that area? I think it hasn't made its way here or at least not paying an arm and a leg for a cooler lol.

I've never felt that a sound card really helped when I wasn't playing music.

1. Get a better GPU

your right that no games can use 8 cores' date=' but i guess that having a few more could help.[/quote']

It's a bit of a waste of money and power if you have 4 cores that you aren't using. Bulldozer is really only good if you are video rendering and don't want to spend $300 for an i7.

If you aren't on a budget, i would upgrade your CPU, storage (into SSD), and your graphics card. Also a sound card if you want more sound quality.