what makes noise in my computer?

Guest Onlynormalgamer

I know it sound like a stupid question,but I have 3 artic cooler fans,and 1 raidmax on back of my case. I have radijos aidos CPU cooler,gtx 780 asus,oc on stock speed 941mhz,and 37% fans on idle and thermaltake smart 730 W PSU.
I dont have hdd,only ssd evo 840 250gb.
So while they running,I stopped fans with my hand,and they stop,but still noise is about the same. Raidmax fan on back of my case is making a little bit more noise then artic cooler but it is nothing serious that should make this noise.
I put fans on silent and they run at 650-700rpm,but even when they are on normal on 850rpm there is still no that much of difference in sound.
So there is PSU and GPU. Look,I know PSU is not the best one,but situation was a little bit complicated.
As for GPU I put my head close to closed case,turn fan up to like 42%-44% and there is almost no difference in noise.
So is it possible that PSU makes this noise?
Just to be clear,it is really not that loud,for example like when you are at doctor,and he listen to your body and tell you to bread loudly on your mouth. Something like that. Case is about 100cm away from me.
Does anybody have experience with this and could it be PSU? Also I dont think it is cpu cooler,because I stopped it at few seconds as well.

EDIT:While writing this,I decide to lift my case,and listen under it,and it seems like the PSU is loudest components of them all. Is there something I can do about it?

When you set the fans on the video card to 30% can you still hear that sound? What CPU heatsink do you have?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

When you set the fans on the video card to 30% can you still hear that sound? What CPU heatsink do you have?

Read edit,it is my PSU.

Also minimal on GPU for fans are 37%,I cant do lower.

Is there something I can do about my psu?

I know it sound like a stupid question,but I have 3 artic cooler fans,and 1 raidmax on back of my case. I have radijos aidos CPU cooler,gtx 780 asus,oc on stock speed 941mhz,and 37% fans on idle and thermaltake smart 730 W PSU.

I dont have hdd,only ssd evo 840 250gb.

So while they running,I stopped fans with my hand,and they stop,but still noise is about the same. Raidmax fan on back of my case is making a little bit more noise then artic cooler but it is nothing serious that should make this noise.

I put fans on silent and they run at 650-700rpm,but even when they are on normal on 850rpm there is still no that much of difference in sound.

So there is PSU and GPU. Look,I know PSU is not the best one,but situation was a little bit complicated.

As for GPU I put my head close to closed case,turn fan up to like 42%-44% and there is almost no difference in noise.

So is it possible that PSU makes this noise?

Just to be clear,it is really not that loud,for example like when you are at doctor,and he listen to your body and tell you to bread loudly on your mouth. Something like that. Case is about 100cm away from me.

Does anybody have experience with this and could it be PSU? Also I dont think it is cpu cooler,because I stopped it at few seconds as well.

EDIT:While writing this,I decide to lift my case,and listen under it,and it seems like the PSU is loudest components of them all. Is there something I can do about it?

Get a new one?

Steve

Get a new one?

Funny. Not.

Like I said my situation was complicated,and I got this computer about one week ago,so I wont buy new PSU for at least a year or so.

I was thinking something like reducing fan speed on my PSU,because I don't use more then 450-500W or soo.

Is something like this possible?

Funny. Not.

Like I said my situation was complicated,and I got this computer about one week ago,so I wont buy new PSU for at least a year or so.

I was thinking something like reducing fan speed on my PSU,because I don't use more then 450-500W or soo.

Is something like this possible?

You could open it and add a resistor or low noise adapter but you dont want an overheating psu. You could even replace the fan? And that was a joke im just terrible at jokes :P

Steve

You could open it and add a resistor or low noise adapter but you dont want an overheating psu. You could even replace the fan? And that was a joke im just terrible at jokes :P

This about fans sound interesting. How much does good fan cost?

This about fans sound interesting. How much does good fan cost?

£10 i suppose or $16.27

Steve

@

It is your sub-par PSU that is making noise.  I told you not to get that PSU.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@

It is your sub-par PSU that is making noise.  I told you not to get that PSU.

£10 i suppose or $16.27

Well I will just bought some good fans for 20$ and there you go.

Also PSU works cool and nice,noise is really not that much of problem,it is just air moving under the case. Also my case is on same height less then 1m away from me. I can just put it under the table,because I have special shelt for that,and there you go,no noise :D

Thank you everyone

Also PSU works cool and nice,noise is really not that much of problem,it is just air moving under the case. Also my case is on same height less then 1m away from me. I can just put it under the table,because I have special shelt for that,and there you go,no noise :D

Thank you everyone

You know you're an idiot, right?  I'm not being harsh, I'm just calling it like I see it.  Don't come to a forum, ask for advice, disregard that advice, and then complain about the product everyone told you to avoid.

First you complain about not wanting to wait for a good quality PSU, and not wanting to spend more money, so you buy that really bad PSU even though everyone told you not to.  Now you are complaining about noise, which does really bother you since you created a post about it.  Then you spend more money to fix a noise problem, which doesn't do anything to improve the quality of a PSU that isn't even bronze rated, failed all of its reviews, will probably die on you and take some components with it.  We tried to help you pick out a different PSU, but you refused to even list other options available to you.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Thank you everyone

As another Thermaltake user I can vouch that they don't use very quiet fans in PSUs. I'm gonna do switch to better fan soon. You should thing of return and picking up another one. Changing fan in PSU will void warranty. Mine's already out of range and I can spare 70€ for new one if something goes wrong.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You know you're an idiot, right?  I'm not being harsh, I'm just calling it like I see it.  Don't come to a forum, ask for advice, disregard that advice, and then complain about the product everyone told you to avoid.

First you complain about not wanting to wait for a good quality PSU, and not wanting to spend more money, so you buy that really bad PSU even though everyone told you not to.  Now you are complaining about noise, which does really bother you since you created a post about it.  Then you spend more money to fix a noise problem, which doesn't do anything to improve the quality of a PSU that isn't even bronze rated, failed all of its reviews, will probably die on you and take some components with it.  We tried to help you pick out a different PSU, but you refused to even list other options available to you.

You are idiot,you know that? I dont care what you say,this PSU is awesome and I explain you everything last time,so please go fuck yourself. Go Spend 500$ on Seasonic PSU.

As another Thermaltake user I can vouch that they don't use very quiet fans in PSUs. I'm gonna do switch to better fan soon. You should thing of return and picking up another one. Changing fan in PSU will void warranty. Mine's already out of range and I can spare 70€ for new one if something goes wrong.

I will just put it under desk and there you go,they wont make noise anymore

You really act like an ass...

Fuck off

Hey buddy!

I can totally relate to this problem :(

I grabbed a Thermaltake SE530W not too long ago, because it was under a hundred bucks, and seemed like a nice deal, but it's loud as hell, it must have ball bearings that are out of center, and the whole unit is slightly vibrating too

I wouldn't advise changing the fan on yours, if noise is not that big of an issue, since it can cause problems.

Save some money for a nice Corsair or Cooler Master V series, they can be pretty reliable, and even last for another build

Seems like Tt has terrible fans (only the ones that are made by Powerlogic), I've bought a Longevity 12 from them last summer, it was insanely loud, even undervolted

Wouldn't touch your PSU fans at all, invest in a new one and don't cheap out.

PSU IS MOST IMPORTANT part of the system, better PSU quality will give clean and efficient power to ALL your parts, cheap PSU's are exactly that.. cheap.. it can take out other parts if it fails and modding/cripplng/halving the speed of your PSU's fan may have even more negative effects.

So yeah...you can take advice or not, either way it's YOUR GEAR AT RISK.

You get what you pay for with PSU's. Cheap = Cheap

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz